• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Just in case you missed it, since i edited my original post and this thread moves so fast:

So it all comes down to who finishes first. You or the 4chan dude? READY GOOOOOOO

Lol I aint rushing anything. Im still thinking if Im in or not.

Some spares, yes it is a quick and dirty one.

ModBot said:
Instructions for general dan:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (general dan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

1000 AMPS -- MB-22DF07751ACC167F - Taken by Sendou
REVENGE OF THE TITANS -- MB-573D6A1C24C04F61 - Taken by danhese007
MAKING HISTORY II: THE WAR OF THE WORLD -- MB-2402301EE937120E - Taken by Vastag
T.E.C. 3001 -- MB-F77B16A9F4F06580 - Taken by PhoenixFyre

Copons

Hey now, people might start to believe that. There are cheaters on the CSD leaderboard-- like the people with 300+ combos on the regular leaderboard but that aren't on the extreme leaderboard-- and I'm suspicious of the people in the high 300s also, but my score is legit. I could probably break 300 too if I really got back into it-- getting 296, I was still hesitating, still sloppy, still having those blank-out moments during rush hours.

But I didn't cheat. I mean, I don't even own a review site.

Ouch I'm sorry, I wrote that as a joke, without realizing it could have been perceived as serious! :(

Probably because I couldn't really think that some people took the effort needed to actually cheat in CSD. I mean WTF, I thought that something was wrong with 350+ combos, but I blamed the fact to my lame menu not bringing buzz over some percentage.

Anyway, I believe 300 is doable, even tho at my point is more the game that doesn't allow me, with plenty of (relatively) empty moments in non-rush hours, or too many chores in the same day.
But going that much above... shit is crazy indeed.

also lol at the last remark :D

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Anyone knows how to use M&Ms mastercard on Paypal? Steam no longer accept them

You can't. Paypal is no longer accepting them either. Too many people gamed the system.
I just used it in the wee hours of this morning. I just went through the shopping portal on paypal that redirects through steam. You add the card like a normal debit card.

I'm saying I'm optimistic. ;)
You'll get that that date with Saoirse. After me, that is.

Grief.exe

Ouch I'm sorry, I wrote that as a joke, without realizing it could have been perceived as serious! :(

Probably because I couldn't really think that some people took the effort needed to actually cheat in CSD. I mean WTF, I thought that something was wrong with 350+ combos, but I blamed the fact to my lame menu not bringing buzz over some percentage.

Anyway, I believe 300 is doable, even tho at my point is more the game that doesn't allow me, with plenty of (relatively) empty moments in non-rush hours, or too many chores in the same day.

Hey now, people might start to believe that. There are cheaters on the CSD leaderboard-- like the people with 300+ combos on the regular leaderboard but that aren't on the extreme leaderboard-- and I'm suspicious of the people in the high 300s also, but my score is legit. I could probably break 300 too if I really got back into it-- getting 296, I was still hesitating, still sloppy, still having those blank-out moments during rush hours.

But I didn't cheat. I mean, I don't even own a review site.

I tried to play some CSD on my laptop last night and just ended up getting very frustrated.

The keyboard is essentially broken and frequently doesn't recognize inputs.

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
y9b8PJd.png

finally

Copons

I tried to play some CSD on my laptop last night and just ended up getting very frustrated.

Wut really?

I played it for more than 30 hours, both with a MacBook Pro and with a random Logitech keyboard and I never had a single problem.

You could try playing with a controller, I've never tried it (nor I would, as I really like the typing side of the game) but chubigans himself said somewhere it eventually became his favorite controlling method.

Caerith

I think the easy route would be having 3-5 predeterminated routes of dialogue per personality. Sure its not randomly generated but having multiple personalities to randomly drop at you there are chances you will have to play to get all that out despite the dialogue being full by those 3-5 predeterminated routes of dialogue.

Shy
Outgoing
Reserved
Silly
Smart

Each of that would have 3-5 randomly selected line of dialogues so it would put it around 15-25 different styles of dialogues. The tricky part remains on attaching personalities to the looks. Could be easily implemented by the eyes I suppose as usually you can notice the difference in the eyes or posture. Im a mess I know.
I think it would have to be more complex to stay interesting. Each personality would need a core trope (jock, nerd, artist, etc), a public/private demeanor (shy, outgoing, etc), an issue to trigger yandere mode (trust issues, insecurity, etc), and a preferred method of dealing with conflicts (knife, ropes and saws, etc). You can write each component separately-- athletics and trust issues won't often overlap, for instance, but have custom overlap text for when they do.

Looks can be randomized for each playthrough, and the eyes/mouth can portray the moods.

Wut really?

I played it for more than 30 hours, both with a MacBook Pro and with a random Logitech keyboard and I never had a single problem.

You could try playing with a controller, I've never tried it (nor I would, as I really like the typing side of the game) but chubigans himself said somewhere it eventually became his favorite controlling method.

I think the implication is that his actual laptop keyboard is the cause of the issues.

Jawmuncher

You mean Legend, Anniversary and Underworld?

Yes, Hell Yes, and Probably.

Actually Underworld might be better than Legend, I haven't played Legend in ages.

Depends on what you want. Legend is a bit more action oriented than Underworld. But when I played the HD collection on PS3 I enjoyed legend more.

Zeknurn

I'm digging your description. I've been in the mood for something like this, lately. How early is the Early Access? As in, are there at least a good amount of maps for rotation?

I've got some Dirty Bomb beta keys for anyone interested in trying that out.

The number of maps is definitely on the low side and they're all seeing pretty substantial design changes every few patches.

There are currently 3 big maps and 3 smaller maps in the game all with multiple entry points which does give some variation to the games.

The bigger ones are:
Town with four entry points. The map you will see most often as most battles in the campaign are fought over towns.
Mountain town with four entry points. Got a major redesign recently to be less mountainy and more hilly.
Airfield with four entry points.

And the three small ones are:
Factory with two entry points.
Two forest skirmish maps for a smaller number of players with two entry points.

As for how in how early is the early access? Well my reference point of how finished games are these days is pretty skewed. But I'd say it's in a stable state, runs well, looks great(check out their suspension modelling on tanks) but it's not feature complete with the number of maps being the biggest factor. Shooting feels pretty good with high time-to-kill and using aim-down sight isn't at all necessary to be good at killing people which is refreshing in today shooter climate.

The biggest downside to the game is that there's a pretty considerable grind to unlock higher tier tanks and infantry weapons.

It's worth the 1GB download just to see if it's something you will like.

In a perfect world:

1) Half-Life 3
2) Left 4 Dead 3
3) Stars of Blood

That's a weird way to spell:

1) Ricochet 2
2) Ricochet 2: Expansion 1
3) Ricochet 2: Expansion 2

AngerdX

Thinking of maybe getting csgo to join up with the rest of you, still not really sure i´ll enjoy it.

I just can´t make up my melon on it. :/

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
yeah, those are the 3 games, i guess i'll pick them up, not sure if i'll get around to play all of them back to back but not like they'll get any cheaper!

Anniversary is actually a remake of the very first Tomb Raider game, so story-wise it takes place before the other two. If that matters.

Depends on what you want. Legend is a bit more action oriented than Underworld. But when I played the HD collection on PS3 I enjoyed legend more.

I really enjoyed Legend but found Anniversary to be so frustrating that I just walked away from it.

Never played Underworld but i thought the remake was really underrated.

Give in. Just listen to that soundtrack and tell me you don't want to get fucking pulverized by creatures to it.

Naw man, i got so much to play. I know having a steam account is basically admitting that you have no restraint but I gotta try.

ill probably buy it in a bundle when that happens, though

oh damn that sucks. You could try remapping the keys that don't work. The game gets so hardcore, I don't think I would survive one day if I tried to jump back in now.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I think it would have to be more complex to stay interesting. Each personality would need a core trope (jock, nerd, artist, etc), a public/private demeanor (shy, outgoing, etc), an issue to trigger yandere mode (trust issues, insecurity, etc), and a preferred method of dealing with conflicts (knife, ropes and saws, etc). You can write each component separately-- athletics and trust issues won't often overlap, for instance, but have custom overlap text for when they do.

Looks can be randomized for each playthrough, and the eyes/mouth can portray the moods.

Sounds nice. I'll be brainstorming a bit with this and see where it goes.
KuGsj.gif

Don't forget to get your GOG witcher too, works on both, witcher 1 and 2
oh and check out the extra stuff they give in Witcher 2 :p

I have Witcher 2 physical and it has a code for a GOG version that I haven't yet used, but I didn't realize it came with so many extras. Do you know what comic it includes?

Here's some more old extras I've found in an old bundle.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Zero-Crescent, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Where Angels Cry -- MB-19311B2DB763E676 - Taken by someguyinahat. 3 entrants total.
Love -- MB-8712DAED2523B251 - Taken by bronson. 3 entrants total.
One-Way Heroics -- MB-3D474EC7067377E0 - Taken by Jadax. 4 entrants total.
Hero Siege -- MB-D58985CB440AD380 - Taken by Rezae. 6 entrants total.

t1405102730z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
You'll get that that date with Saoirse. After me, that is.

tumblr_mkf9ftcKdu1r2srhyo5_r1_250.gif

That's a weird way to spell:

1) Ricochet 2
2) Ricochet 2: Expansion 1
3) Ricochet 2: Expansion 2

"What's 'Ricochet'?"
- Everyone ever

Did they update Witcher 1 and 2? Should I get them?

I've been holding out for Witcher 3 since it seems to be different from the other two, but if those two are still getting updated then I might want to give them as run.

No and yes. The two play rather differently but I feel that the original has the better sense of place and prefer the perpetually depressing atmosphere.

Copons

Thinking of maybe getting csgo to join up with the rest of you, still not really sure i´ll enjoy it.

Speaking of which: what is the cheapest way to get it at the moment?
I missed the best discount some months ago and I've yet to recover to that burn. :(

I've been holding out for Witcher 3 since it seems to be different from the other two, but if those two are still getting updated then I might want to give them as run.

This is different than a game update I believe, but I don't know why 'still getting updated' would make you interested in the game more than before. The 2nd is pretty fantastic and should be picked up. At least before you play W3.

Relax.MX

Please stop being a Junior and buy and play both. This is Gaf man. Please we need a good community.

The first one is one of the best RPGs of all time. And the second is great.

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member

I just posted the screenshot, because Witcher 1 und 2 are finally in the right order :D

edit:
and you should buy both

Sir, You Are Being Gifted

"oh Rhaknar you are so amazing /swoon"
"Rhaknar is the GOAT"
"OMG WHAT IS GOING ON WITH ALL THESE GIVEAWAYS IT NEVER HAPPENS?!"
"Fuck you Rhaknar you piece of shit"

there, all the usual posts, now you dont have to waste the thread with them yay o7

:lol

Good thing you only covered the "responses" because otherwise, I'd be looking for a "Fuck you, Frost" or a "Frosty is the worst...".

Actually, I'm surprised that wasn't in there somewhere. Are you feeling okay?

Caerith

No worries, I just had to say something to stave off any potential pitchforks.

I got my combo with coffee, corndogs, and pretzels. I changed my keys so I didn't have to move my hand, and I started using the numpad to select orders. I tried dozens of times, going in with high buzz (so no empty moments) and restarting any time I made a mistake or got robbed. I mean, I had already 100%'d the game at this point, getting a good combo was just the cherry on top.

That sucks. Like Copons said, you could play with a controller. It's easy enough to for everyday play, but you'd probably need a keyboard for leaderboarding.

_hekk05

Banned
Speaking of which: what is the cheapest way to get it at the moment?
I missed the best discount some months ago and I've yet to recover to that burn. :(

I remember buying the valve complete pack from gmg for 20usd.

Pretty worth it I suppose, since I didn't have any of the valve games at the time.

Wait, so i can put my cdkey for the witcher 2 in gog and get that bonus stuff? Because i would be interested in looking at a game guide after every chapter just to see the shit i stupidly missed.

edit: also, why the fuck do people want refined metals and how does one get them in a sane, untricky way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom