• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speevy

Banned
I really hope this works.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Speevy:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Speevy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

MbmDY6z.png

Mystery Game #1 -- MB-6BA0B6D19E080F7B - Taken by general dan. 48 entrants total.

t1405106931z1.png

Speevy

Banned
Actually, it's not Bad Rats. The mystery game thing was a goof on my part. I put the title in the message but apparently I did something wrong.

However, since it's a mystery, I'll let it be.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Actually, it's not Bad Rats. The mystery game thing was a goof on my part. I put the title in the topic but apparently I did something wrong.

However, since it's a mystery, I'll let it be.

Yeah, you have to put the link on the same line as the title if you want the game name to take properly. I see you put some line breaks. No harm, no foul. The game's secret identity will be kept secret (but y'all should enter the giveaway, it's a good game that's got lots of positive buzz around here)

Incidentally, My greenlight collection is still being updated. It's some of my favourite greenlight games that haven't made the cut yet. There's only 29 games on the list now, down from a high of 75 or so, and most of what's left are no-hopers who won't make it... but still, if you have a few minutes, it's way more worth your time to check out a curated collection than to vote on everything.

Yeah, you have to put the link on the same line as the title if you want the game name to take properly. I see you put some line breaks. No harm, no foul. The game's secret identity will be kept secret (but y'all should enter the giveaway, it's a good game that's got lots of positive buzz around here)

Bad Rats confirmed

Vuze

Nintendo Offices: "What's Steam? Is that something on mobile phones? No? Then who cares?"

Funfact: I once registered some Ninty games I got in Club Nintendo and they had some kind of survey to fill out afterwards. In that survey they gave their definition of videogames and I almost lost my shit when I read that they don't consider non-console and non-handheld console games as video games haha

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (phoenix296, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Spec Ops: The Line -- MB-3C5FDEBED613708B - Taken by almostheathen. 15 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
The Darkness II -- MB-EEA910B054042B3E - Taken by deadflower81. 11 entrants total.

t1405117551z1.png
More 2K loots.

Diedac

Pleae take these

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Diedac, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

EDGE -- MB-C318493A96B53811 - Taken by FauX
Dead Bits -- MB-72F5D2242700BCAE - Taken by Diggeh

Lomax

Read an article today about the shady as hell dealings with Indie Gala: http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/JoshFairhurst/20140710/220768/Think_Before_You_Bundle.php

The lesson is NEVER USE INDIE GALA FOR ANYTHING, EVER. Holy crap that's shady stuff. I had no idea.

I keep raising these issues with developers when they bundle too early and I really wish more of them were here on Gaf like you are or at least seemed to have some cursory knowledge of the realities of the bundle industry. The responses I keep getting are "we need the publicity" which this data clearly shows is completely invalid, and "we didn't do it" which means they sold the rights to some other publisher and that publisher chose to be in the bundle, which to me says they didn't pay attention to their initial contracts.

There's so much data out there now, so many forums including Gaf where very knowledgeable people talk about bundles and game sales. I don't know if these Devs are just afraid to read negative things about their games or what, but they really don't seem to pay attention, and they are only hurting themselves.

What's funny though is a lot of the time it just doesn't matter. Interstellar Marines was in an IndieGala bundle that effectively gave everyone three copies of the game. If you look at their player numbers, there was a small spike, but then it dropped back off. That bundle probably sold 100k copies of their game, and yet virtually none of them are players now. So did that chunk of money from the sale actually hurt them?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Incidentally, My greenlight collection is still being updated. It's some of my favourite greenlight games that haven't made the cut yet. There's only 29 games on the list now, down from a high of 75 or so, and most of what's left are no-hopers who won't make it... but still, if you have a few minutes, it's way more worth your time to check out a curated collection than to vote on everything.

Solstice and ROM really need to make it through Greenlight.

Read an article today about the shady as hell dealings with Indie Gala: http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/JoshFairhurst/20140710/220768/Think_Before_You_Bundle.php

The lesson is NEVER USE INDIE GALA FOR ANYTHING, EVER. Holy crap that's shady stuff. I had no idea.

What a depressing read :/

It's a shame because Saturday Morning RPG is actually sort of good.

Well I just got back from playing Divinity, I played an hour and a half and I gotta say I really enjoyed it. here are my characters
Meet Hum Hum & Cheese. Hum Hum is quite a fine gentleman (this is pointed out by his silly mustache), as you can see he's a shadowblade. Cheese is all about yolo and takes no smack from anyone, also she's a cleric cause you know... I need someone to heal me and shit yo. The skill select screen was pretty intimidating, a lot of skills to choose from and I just wanted to play so I just stayed with the default ones given. I enjoy how the environment is a bit dynamic, like you can break boxes and shit, and use the environment to damage enemies. I broke the beginning dagger though smashing boxes so I had to switch over to a bow that I found. Also here is the dynamic duo after beating up what I assume was the first boss.
I beat the Orcs at the beach and talked to that one guy after you open the door and stopped playing after that. Also anyone mind telling me how to barter, Thats the only thing that I didn't understand how to pull off that was explained so far.

Dr Dogg

That's really quite sad. It's effectively killed off their game outside of sales.

There might have been wide spread complaining when Humble changed their system not to give out key but account redemption only but when you read stories like this one you can at least see there wasn't the malicious intent there.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

He must have been sitting on that post for quite some time as Indie Gala switched to Steam's OAuth-based activation system a couple of months ago. Happy "Hour" is still an elongated thing, though.

The only other cause that comes to mind aside from server issues is that the PayPal account has been used on another GMG account.

Grief.exe

I beat the Orcs at the beach and talked to that one guy after you open the door and stopped playing after that. Also anyone mind telling me how to barter, Thats the only thing that I didn't understand how to pull off that was explained so far.

Barter button is available on the left side of the screen whenever you are conversing with an NPC.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I keep raising these issues with developers when they bundle too early and I really wish more of them were here on Gaf like you are or at least seemed to have some cursory knowledge of the realities of the bundle industry. The responses I keep getting are "we need the publicity" which this data clearly shows is completely invalid, and "we didn't do it" which means they sold the rights to some other publisher and that publisher chose to be in the bundle, which to me says they didn't pay attention to their initial contracts.

There's so much data out there now, so many forums including Gaf where very knowledgeable people talk about bundles and game sales. I don't know if these Devs are just afraid to read negative things about their games or what, but they really don't seem to pay attention, and they are only hurting themselves.

What's funny though is a lot of the time it just doesn't matter. Interstellar Marines was in an IndieGala bundle that effectively gave everyone three copies of the game. If you look at their player numbers, there was a small spike, but then it dropped back off. That bundle probably sold 100k copies of their game, and yet virtually none of them are players now. So did that chunk of money from the sale actually hurt them?

Geez, that's crazy about Interstellar Marines. I do know that one person who worked at Humble (who's no longer with them) absolutely hated Indie Gala because they actually stole back end code from Humble's site to power their own.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Pfff, I once more fucked up with a game purchase from a cd key seller. Bought I Am Alive from Nuuvem thinking it was a Uplay code but nope it apparently uses Tages. Should really stop looking at deals when I'm tired, since I'm missing basic stuff like that. Hopefully their support will reply to english emails and agree on a refund

Lomax

Geez, that's crazy about Interstellar Marines. I do know that one person who worked at Humble (who's no longer with them) absolutely hated Indie Gala because they actually stole back end code from Humble's site to power their own.

Indie Gala has always seemed like the sketchiest of the various bundle sites, but somehow they've gotten some really big titles (Mass Effect 2, Crusader Kings II) and consistently have more bundles running than almost anyone, so they clearly have some really good contacts throughout the industry.

aku:jiki

That's really quite sad. It's effectively killed off their game outside of sales.
I would never defend Gala as they're obviously shockingly incompetent, but how about we consider the possibility that the fact that the game doesn't look very good is what killed off their sales?

And, like Jase posted, Gala already did switch to the same redeeming system as Humble so I'm not sure what the point of that article is.

Rudakus

Didn't see it posted, so I'll mention it here.

Soul Gambler keys are now available through IndieGameStand if you bought it from there.

Indie Gala keys for the most recent bundle featuring the game are not yet available but should be shortly.

Speaking of which, that bundle is still available for purchase here. It's $1, and is supposedly Soul Gambler: Dark Arts Edition, which costs $6.29 on the Steam store. The IndieGameStand key is also a Dark Arts Edition key.

Is the Soul Gambler key for steam?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
old?

Survive keys are up on desura client from the indieroyale Sigma bundle... the game doesnt even have a store page yet o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom