• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiru

Just got my Evil Pumpkin Steam Key via email. If you voted for it on Greenlight and participated on their page you should check your emails too!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I walked into one of those console warz resolution threads, said something about really liking my Xone, then it started getting really uncomfortable.

Hold me, STEAMGAF. It's a scary world out there.

hiln8rcml.jpg

Yes? It's the better mode by far and the actual CS experience.

This is accurate. The Way It's Meant to Be Played(tm).

Just got my Evil Pumpkin Steam Key via email. If you voted for it on Greenlight and participated on their page you should check your emails too!

I always forget about those WGN giveaways. Thanks for the heads-up.

MayMay

Banned
Casual CSGO? It's so different from Competitive. Competitive matches are tense, and tactical - while on Casual it's a giant clusterfuck with zero tension and way too many people imo lol Tried playing Casual today after 100 hours of Comp only, still in shock how..... bad.. my experience was lol.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Casual CSGO? It's so different from Competitive. Competitive matches are tense, and tactical - while on Casual it's a giant clusterfuck with zero tension and way too many people imo lol Tried playing Casual today after 100 hours of Comp only, still in shock how..... bad.. my experience was lol.

I'm trying to finish a mission. I wish it was just win a comp round instead :(

MayMay

Banned
I've always just avoided competitive because I figured that my shitty play would piss off my teammates.

Don't worry about that, it's usually fine - as long as you know how to defuse a bomb. I did the same for a long time until I just tried it out. It's way better.
And after a few Comp matches you'll have improved soooooo much - it's worth it.

Speevy

Banned
I'm about to go to work, but before I go, the first person to post a video of someone playing a 2D platformer with amazing skill (no tool-assisted stuff) gets Speedrunners.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

So I've never heard of this before and it looks like it might be interesting. It's called Exodus. It's supposed to be a metroidvania game, and it's definitely got Metroid vibes to it.

I can't remember the last time I played a Metroidvania game that was actually good at aping what made Super Metroid such a wonder to play through. (I should note that I'm not dissing Dust here as I haven't sunk much time into it.) I can't wait to sink my teeth into Apotheon but I don't think it has a Metroidesque progression system.

Reached 100 Games on steam !

OvWzDar.jpg

ronan36rcc.jpg

Strider

I am jealous of your download speed

Yea the internet is great where I live at the moment. It was a priority bc I had such terrible internet for so long. I'm actually planning on moving to a new state next year though so I'm worried I'll have shitty internet again :( Ive tasted the good life and don't want to go back.

DukeBobby

you wish

edit : for the new page

Reached 100 Games on steam !

time to celebrate with some shity games giveaway
any one want ?

Man, I remember when I reached 100 games. I think it was the day after I created my Steam account, during the Summer sale in 2012.

Lomax

So a little over a year ago Steam said something about a trading card binder that would show all your cards including ones you'd used to craft a badge. Has anyone heard anything about it since?

I had given up hope we'd see anything more done with trading cards, but then they dropped buy orders on us with no notice right around the summer sale, so maybe they do still have one guy in a room somewhere still dedicated to the concept and it will show up eventually.

Wasn't implying it was Indie Gala's or in fact anyone's fault at all. Sounds more like it's been a learning experience for them.

Did you read the article?

The article showed a chart with their sales dropping to near-nothing outside of sales, then showed where it dropped from "very little" to "near-nothing", and said "This is what Indiegala did!" It's the ultimate in correlation equals causation. Had they never bundled with Indiegala I imagine the graph would look exactly the same.

Dr Dogg

Gravity Badgers, Ballpoint Universe and the so go it got a sparklie before it Rush Bros are still up for grabs. Lurkers welcome (registered of course).

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=120548260&postcount=7189

The article showed a chart with their sales dropping to near-nothing outside of sales, then showed where it dropped from "very little" to "near-nothing", and said "This is what Indiegala did!" It's the ultimate in correlation equals causation. Had they never bundled with Indiegala I imagine the graph would look exactly the same.

The graph without naming the data is useless. Is that units sold? Is it revenue generated? Maybe how many times someone viewed his homepage? It's about as useful as a Polygon piechart without labelling the dataset and there's only bloody one. If it showed revenue generated from the quantity of units sold it might tell a better picture.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Thank you guys earlier for the birthday wishes. I stayed up too late last night with a friend playing RE6, but it's okay.

I'm very content today. I haven't done much as I just got up, but I've received a lot of kindness already and I think between real life, Facebook, YouTube, Skype, Steam, and here, I've received over 400 happy birthday messages so that's quite a few, and I appreciate it. I've also received things from people which I'm happy about, just dorky small things that have a smile on my face.

h48DEF9FE

cfc15c7b0f3360a6d270ecec2e897e7e.gif

(this one is related to a friend joke that you guys probably won't understand. XD; )

There's a lot more but I'm not going to post it here. I am very content already, though I know my family wants to go out later.

------

And I wish you luck JShackles!

Anyways, as its my birthday, here's you guys some things I had on hand. Not super big, but hope you guys enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 18 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
.- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Happy birthday to me, hope you guys enjoy~

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Gray Matter -- MB-40B082AA538EBB2C - Taken by Buttonbasher. 4 entrants total.
Slender The Arrival -- MB-5B8FDBD87295695F - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon. 3 entrants total.
Miasmata -- MB-AA52FC76780385C7 - Taken by Aaron D.. 6 entrants total.
Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines -- MB-2E81902833B25CA8 - Taken by louiedog. 11 entrants total.
Coldfire Keep -- MB-9C81D43E0DC33039 - Taken by Myshkin. 1 entrants total.
Anna Extended Edition -- MB-433667C8DDB2F580 - Taken by Dragoon En Regalia. 6 entrants total.
Into the Dark Ultimate Trash Edition -- MB-E3852B10F8700E50 - Taken by freshVeggie. 2 entrants total.
Guilty Gear Isuka -- MB-DF89259754EFEA29 - Taken by 8 X 11 Printer Paper. 4 entrants total.
Septerra Core: Legacy of the Creator Steam Key -- MB-4D4302D347E949E2
Bardbarian -- MB-CEF4D0D0C4ACA3F9 - Taken by Mono. 4 entrants total.
The Journey Down: Chapter 1 Steam Key -- MB-7F943B9285D9B3CA - Taken by zeroOman. 2 entrants total.
Call of Cthulhu Dark Corners of the Earth -- MB-3A031CC504EF54EE - Taken by Zeliard. 6 entrants total.
Manhunt -- MB-CD0CB0F228B187F8 - Taken by Cozmogramma. 5 entrants total.
Magrunner Dark Pulse -- MB-E47B0CC1D6ED6328 - Taken by jshackles. 5 entrants total.
Binary Domain Complete -- MB-FC28A418B11F0E0D - Taken by Sky Chief. 9 entrants total.
Grimind -- MB-68711642F9C1B83F
Mickey Mouse Castle of Illusion -- MB-44C551BEEF1B5625 - Taken by JustLynx. 14 entrants total.
Half Minute Hero -- MB-94E1E60DD5DB8188 - Taken by Fracas. 3 entrants total.

t1405112392z1.png

Man, I remember when I reached 100 games. I think it was the day after I created my Steam account, during the Summer sale in 2012.

You gotta fight it a bit :). I've got 7 years of service, and have 117* items, despite buying something from every summer and winter sale so far.

*My library says 129 items, but I refuse to count 17 of them (betas, expansions, F2P games I didnt' play, etc).

I've never had this much trouble giving away a game.

Let's try this again.

Post a video of someone playing a 2D platformer really well, and you get the popular steam game SPEEDRUNNERS!!!!!

youtube.com/watch?v=DDRG_fpS4ko

EDIT: It's slow looking up youtube videos on your phone to type the URL into your computer at work, lol

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I can't remember the last time I played a Metroidvania game that was actually good at aping what made Super Metroid such a wonder to play through. (I should note that I'm not dissing Dust here as I haven't sunk much time into it.) I can't wait to sink my teeth into Apotheon but I don't think it has a Metroidesque progression system.

True, even the GBA Metroid's didn't really live up to Super Metroi-

Wait, you're actually going to play Apotheon? o_O

I've never had this much trouble giving away a game.

Let's try this again.

Post a video of someone playing a 2D platformer really well, and you get the popular steam game SPEEDRUNNERS!!!!!

Can this count because of the part near 5:40?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom