• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I would never defend Gala as they're obviously shockingly incompetent, but how about we consider the possibility that the fact that the game doesn't look very good is what killed off their sales?

And, like Jase posted, Gala already did switch to the same redeeming system as Humble so I'm not sure what the point of that article is.

I don't really buy that Gala was the one thing that killed sales. Bundling in multiple bundles in the course of a few months tend to simmer sales down a bit.

capsule_467x181.jpg

Anyone up for a running fight?
A friend and I are going to play, need two so feel free to hit me up if you want to join us!
To make it a bit more exciting, if you manage to beat me or my friend in one of the regular levels, you win a game from me.
Might be a bundle game, shitty game, or even a pretty darn good game, dunno.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/DunderHassan/

Cheers!

Dr Dogg

Well it appears I had this kicking around.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dr Dogg, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Velvet Assassin -- MB-A95D57885178459E - Taken by dave is ok. 1 entrants total.
Gravity Badgers -- MB-9C5341F3C71B6C7B
Ballpoint Universe -- MB-DDADAB73BBB95CA9 - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 2 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
Rush Bros -- MB-3FD356AAF1C7B1F9

t1405109091z1.png

MayMay

Banned
And there are still some games left. Come on guys, take 'em. Take 'em all.

To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want.

Windforge -- MB-69EA41A559EECCC4 - Taken by crazyrabbits
BioShock -- MB-1B9A4F96879288E5
vRvbDCu.png
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition (Origin) -- MB-539DA3B2C77902E5
Crayon Physics Deluxe -- MB-C4BAA486CF873CD5 - Taken by Benedict
Fish Fillets 2 -- MB-5DB3B41BE544FF6D - Taken by fuzzy123
vRvbDCu.png
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising (Origin) -- MB-E37A070792155847 - Taken by aurelioking
vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space (Origin) -- MB-9F9647801B992231
Nightsky -- MB-344D4E071C7A82CB

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Bought Sakura Spirit. Not ashamed in the least (though would not play around, say, my daughter :p)

Lomax

I would never defend Gala as they're obviously shockingly incompetent, but how about we consider the possibility that the fact that the game doesn't look very good is what killed off their sales?

And, like Jase posted, Gala already did switch to the same redeeming system as Humble so I'm not sure what the point of that article is.

The game is actually pretty good and quite funny, but it definitely "feels" like a bundle game. But yes, it was very heavily bundled well before it was even released on Steam and then rebundled not long after. There was just never any reason to buy it on Steam, especially at full price.

Bought Sakura Spirit. Not ashamed in the least (though would not play around, say, my daughter :p)

You shouldn't be ashamed because of the waifus, you should be ashamed because it's an hour long and has exactly one choice. At least things like Agarest and Loren Princess try to be games.

Jawmuncher, im doing you proud and getting the two real dino crisis games for $2. Don't blame me if capcom doesn't reboot this franchise. Beat DC1 back in the day but never played 2 and have always wanted to try it out.

the hard part is not getting DD Neon because i want it on Steam but shit that's a great deal.

Dr Dogg

Wasn't implying it was Indie Gala's or in fact anyone's fault at all. Sounds more like it's been a learning experience for them.

Did you read the article?

capsule_467x181.jpg

A friend and I are going to play, need two so feel free to hit me up if you want to join us!
To make it a bit more exciting, if you manage to beat me or my friend in one of the regular levels, you win a game from me.

Cheers!

Shame I won't be home for another 2 hours.

capsule_467x181.jpg

Cheers!

I would like to play with you.
But not today...
It's look like i'm a noob who needs some training. ^^

aku:jiki

Wasn't implying it was Indie Gala's or in fact anyone's fault at all. Sounds more like it's been a learning experience for them.

Did you read the article?
I did and I wasn't saying that you're saying that, I'm saying that the article pretty clearly points the finger at Gala. He brushes the admittance that there are other factors away by just saying "(Saturday Morning RPG is super niche while B&C is not, etc.)" and then he spends 6 paragraphs talking about the evil Indie Gala. The meat of the article even has a bolded headline that says "Indie Gala".

The game is actually pretty good and quite funny, but it definitely "feels" like a bundle game. But yes, it was very heavily bundled well before it was even released on Steam and then rebundled not long after. There was just never any reason to buy it on Steam, especially at full price.
There's also the fact that their Kickstarter didn't exactly set KS on fire. They broke their goal by about $4,000 and there was a $3,000+ backer. Everyone knows that when there's a massive backer for a fairly unpopular project, it's themselves or their mom, so they essentially barely broke their goal. All-time peak on Steam is 136 players. Maybe it is a good game, but it seems unpopular in every way possible and cannot be a good metric for this sort of thing.

I see they've also screwed with their backers by not sending out the physical rewards for over a year. It was fully backed on March 24, 2012 and there's a post from a backer asking where his rewards are, dated August 4, 2013. That sort of behavior doesn't lead to more sales and popularity...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Bundlestars > All

I appreciate the fact that BS deals exclusively in Steam keys, but their bundles of late haven't been overly unique, which is a shame as in the past there was typically at least 2 or 3 games that justified the asking price.

dot

Haha, oh man...i'm laughing my butt off at the second match already.

What the hell is wrong with me....lol

Making some webms of our matches by the way. :p

So a little over a year ago Steam said something about a trading card binder that would show all your cards including ones you'd used to craft a badge. Has anyone heard anything about it since?

I walked into one of those console warz resolution threads, said something about really liking my Xone, then it started getting really uncomfortable.

Hold me, STEAMGAF. It's a scary world out there.

Ronin Seraph

Neo Member
Just finished playing Claire the visuals are nice there's lots of little details to look at the atmosphere is definitely horror but it doesn't scare me it just looks pretty the music is lacking in my opinion. So far i'm not immersed in the game but I will continue playing and hopefully the story will pull me in.

Also the game crashed after I finished saving.

Bugs, crashes, etc are being patched out daily by the programmer.

As for not liking the music. It's pretty subjective. Nothing I can do (Patch in a whole new soundtrack? =) Bloody Disgusting's review of Claire said the soundtrack is what made the game.

Some will dig it, some won't.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
So a little over a year ago Steam said something about a trading card binder that would show all your cards including ones you'd used to craft a badge. Has anyone heard anything about it since?

Nope, I don't think anything else has been mentioned about that since the original post, couldn't really find anything else about it. I'm guessing it'll be implemented in Valve Time.

Dr Dogg

I did and I wasn't saying that you're saying that, I'm saying that the article pretty clearly points the finger at Gala. He brushes the admittance that there are other factors away by just saying "(Saturday Morning RPG is super niche while B&C is not, etc.)" and then he spends 6 paragraphs talking about the evil Indie Gala. The meat of the article even has a bolded headline that says "Indie Gala".

Well I would hope they have learnt there lesson about making decisions which impact them financially. Granted there does seem to be some resentment there and despite IG changing their system it isn't retroactive so the keys sold for his game are still easily marketable but hey it's too little too late now. Hopefully the guy has a bit more sense to check through the fine print and the redemption system of other vendors he uses in the future a little more carefully.

But nonetheless it's still sad to see hence my comment.

I walked into one of those console warz resolution threads, said something about really liking my Xone, then it started getting really uncomfortable.

Hold me, STEAMGAF. It's a scary world out there.

The next person who wants to get into a resolution fight with me I want them to tell me what TV or monitor there are using. When there's only a tiny variance is resolution the display your using can make a big difference. Not to mention I'd be willing to bet half this forum at least has uncalibrated equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom