• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enco

so after hearing a lot of people saying how great spec ops: the line is, i tried it out since it was in the 2k humble bundle.. and i gotta say, i am falling asleep playing it. i can sorta see why people say the story is good, i guess, but after 2 hours of literally just shooting, i can't play it anymore. does the story really get that great? i feel like it would be better as a movie, not a game
It's overrated.

Finished it in 4 hours and it was really frustrating and not very fun. Some cool bits here and there but it's nothing mind blowing. It forces you to do things and then tells you to feel bad. Didn't work for me. I agree with the overall message but the game is too annoying to be worth it.

Dr Dogg

Good question haha

I'm thinking South Park. Won't be going at this rate though. Like I said before, I'm never this fast. Gonna be slow going.

P.s. It's more like 2,700 being available :p

South Park is a great change of pace from Wolf 14. I can't remember how long it took me as I played all of it offline but I think it was over 4 evening and took around 18-20 hours. But I was leaving no stone unturned and explored the environments thoroughly.

Enco

South Park is a great change of pace from Wolf 14. I can't remember how long it took me as I play all of it offline but I think it was over 4 evening and took around 18-20 hours. But I was leaving no stone unturned and explored the environments thoroughly.
Sounds good. I'm not huge into picking up everything but yea I'm guessing the game will be fairly long.

But lets be real... This is they heart of everything:

6fLc341.png

We finally meet.

DukeBobby

so after hearing a lot of people saying how great spec ops: the line is, i tried it out since it was in the 2k humble bundle.. and i gotta say, i am falling asleep playing it. i can sorta see why people say the story is good, i guess, but after 2 hours of literally just shooting, i can't play it anymore. does the story really get that great? i feel like it would be better as a movie, not a game

The first half of the game is pretty dull, to be honest. The game really picks up from chapter 8 onwards.

If you're not a fan of the shooting, just bump the difficulty down to easy to get through it as quickly as possible.

It shouldn't take you longer than 5-6 hours.

Jawmuncher

I really think I'm the only person in the world trying to play Lost Planet 3 MP right now. Not a soul has joined this game I'm hosting.

Y'know..I've had a giftable copy of Tomb Raider Legend in my inventory for like 2 years. Anyone want it? I also have a copy of Aerena if anyone wants that too.

I'd love that Tomb Raider, if nobody else has gone for it first.

EDIT: NOOOOO

Double-edit: Thanks for forgoing it and opting to let me have it, MisterLuffy.

Deadbeat

Banned
It's overrated.

Finished it in 4 hours and it was really frustrating and not very fun. Some cool bits here and there but it's nothing mind blowing. It forces you to do things and then tells you to feel bad. Didn't work for me. I agree with the overall message but the game is too annoying to be worth it.
Im shocked that 4chan was dead on about this game. Usually they are off a bit or theres some hyberbole.

UncleBiz

Im shocked that 4chan was dead on about this game. Usually they are off a bit or theres some hyberbole.

yeah definitely feel like it's trying too hard to be edgy and deep when really it's a mindless shooter with some heart of darkness references. might try finishing it, or i might just watch a let's play so i can skip boring parts

Ozium

how's everyone doing today? boy this thread moves fast... wow quite a few lewd pictures here especially that rhaknnar guy's avatar omg so busted. I missed a sunless sea giveaway rats.. oh my sir are you being hunted is 75% off I was lookin for that in the summer sale, did I mention this thread moves fast?

sup steam G

Jawmuncher

When I played Spec Ops the line I thought it was just a decent third person shooter. Nothing bad but nothing amazing either like a lot of the posts I had read. Though I will give that final section some credits. Being able to do that in the game for the bad ending was very surprising and I like that sort of thing.

how's everyone doing today? boy this thread moves fast... wow quite a few lewd pictures here especially that rhaknnar guy's avatar omg so busted. I missed a sunless sea giveaway rats.. oh my sir are you being hunted is 75% off I was lookin for that in the summer sale, did I mention this thread moves fast?

sup steam G
giphy.gif

Everyone can stop posting now.

It's overrated.

is it reasonable to finish it in 4hrs? if so it's next on my list. I've heard a lot of gaf praise for the message in the game (and a little for the actual game) so I'm interested in checking it out but not if it's one of those 'we got over 10 hours of gameplay for you' games that just extends gameplay by whatever means the devs could think of.

DukeBobby

yeah definitely feel like it's trying too hard to be edgy and deep when really it's a mindless shooter with some heart of darkness references. might try finishing it, or i might just watch a let's play so i can skip boring parts

How can you say that after playing for 2 hours?

If I recall correctly, nothing really happens in the first half.

Miker

Spies vs. Mercs Classic is Splinter Cell Blacklist is so good (note: I haven't played the original versions), yet the online is so desolate :(

Actually, it's not that desolate - I can still find matches - but it's all either amazing players or godawful players. I've only had a few remotely even matches, which is too bad, because those matches have been some of the most tense moments I've had in multiplayer in ages. We should do a GAF night some time because the player count is so low at 2v2.

rtcn63

Whenever I read Raknar's name, I think of the Racnoss Queen from from Doctor Who. (Warning, don't google if you aren't fond of unerotic spider ladies)

UncleBiz

How can you say that after playing for 2 hours?

If I recall correctly, nothing really happens in the first half.

fighting against americans seemed really abrupt.
i think i would have enjoyed it more if i hadn't heard so much about it, especially the "it's supposed to be bad" comments

but what do i know, i haven't played much so far.

AkuMifune

Banned
Does Enhanced Steam sometimes list GMG vouchers that don't work?

Says XD6388-B5KRS0-FGCNMC will take off on Watch Dogs, doesn't.

Don't Watch Dogs shame me, I've had a few drinks and need to see this trainwreck for myself.

EDIT or maybe it's just IsThereAnyDeals mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom