• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy shit Pacman CEDX DLC is pretty brutal. I am was/am top 100 on PS3 and PC versions but maybe I am too drunk but the DLC things are pretty hard.

Also: I played Child Of Light for 15 minutes. Got stuck. I blame drunkness.

Enco

Do you consider indie games notable?

Also, Banner Saga came out in January, right? Transistor came out this year for sure.
Yea why not.

Is Banner Saga and Murdered Soul Suspect good?

Edit: oh yea gotta finish valiant hearts and carry on with divinity. Too many games

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Holy shit Pacman CEDX DLC is pretty brutal. I am was/am top 100 on PS3 and PC versions but maybe I am too drunk but the DLC things are pretty hard.

Also: I played Child Of Light for 15 minutes. Got stuck. I blame drunkness.
tumblr_maymnbjKPC1rtr3kno1_1280.jpg

There is a young Gabe Newell lookalike here at the DMV.

Strider

After an hour of Divinity there's really only two things to say so far:

1. It's a very pretty game
2. I have no idea what I'm doing.

Gonna grab some dinner and play more soon though.

It's overrated.

Finished it in 4 hours and it was really frustrating and not very fun. Some cool bits here and there but it's nothing mind blowing. It forces you to do things and then tells you to feel bad. Didn't work for me. I agree with the overall message but the game is too annoying to be worth it.

I like it

the whole 17 minutes of it I have played
damn backlog

AHA-Lambda

It's overrated.

Finished it in 4 hours and it was really frustrating and not very fun. Some cool bits here and there but it's nothing mind blowing. It forces you to do things and then tells you to feel bad. Didn't work for me. I agree with the overall message but the game is too annoying to be worth it.

I've never understood the praise this game gets. It's average at best mechanically and story wise, it tries to be Bioshock but fails.

I'll tag this just in case.

Hint: forcing me to do stuff and then making me feel bad about it as if I had a choice, doesn’t work. Bioshock was much more clever with how it handled such matters.

Volimar

Yea why not.

Edit: oh yea gotta finish valiant hearts and carry on with divinity. Too many games

Banner Saga is still my GOTY. But then, I haven't played some of the more hyped games released this year.

saunderez

I think they're trying to push their pay service. I don't buy that so many were taken in less than 5 minutes.

Me either, seems like bullshit to me. If it was something other than an early access game then I could see it happening but thats way too fast for a dinky looking physics platformer.

Dingotech

I don't have a problem with GMG. It seems I can still totally buy games from them with a discount, that's kind of the most important part, no?

Playfire rewards credit is a nice bonus every now and then, but we all knew that changes were coming down the line, so I can't be too sad about not getting as much free shit as before.

Wait what happened to Playfire rewards?

I'm still waiting for my GMG and Playfire account to be linked, have they nerfed it?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Yea why not.

So off the top of my head, games that came out this year that people like that haven't been mentioned yet:

Goat Simulator
Always Sometimes Monsters
Sunless Sea
Claire
Whispering Willows
Broken Age Act I
Ether One
Cinders (Well, it came to Steam this year at least, think it first came out in 2012ish)
The Forest
Shovel Knight

Probably some other ones that I'm forgetting. Plus Unrest, Gods Will Be Watching, and Freedom Planet are coming out later this month, so I'm sure Jase will buy a few of those :p

Should I spend my 10$ on Waifu simulator Monster Girl Edition or Abyss Odyssey? Choices choices.
giphy.gif

Waifu simulator is Chariot approved.

louiedog

I think they're trying to push their pay service. I don't buy that so many were taken in less than 5 minutes.

edit: they tweeted about it 20 seconds ago. Heh.

This isn't the first time thousands of keys from destructoid were all gone within a very short time. I already had the game so I didn't try, and I doubt I will in the future if this is how things go.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks, took key #140 from the first link.

What notable games games have been released this year?

Struggling to remember.
That I've played, South Park and Child of Light.

While technically a last year game, Metal Gear Rising was a 2014 release on PC.
This one too!

saunderez

Wait what happened to Playfire rewards?

I'm still waiting for my GMG and Playfire account to be linked, have they nerfed it?

They're still giving me free money. I don't even know what I'm getting it for but I got $1.21 right now, I know I had 80c the other day.

Dingotech

They're still giving me free money. I don't even know what I'm getting it for but I got $1.21 right now, I know I had 80c the other day.

Cool, I registered my Playfire account a while back and was silly and used a different e-mail.

I asked about changing it and they said I have to wait for some merging tool that they're gping to release soon...

derExperte

The best thing about SpecOpsTheLine is it's unique setting. That alone made me complete it twice and I disagree with those that say you should play on easy to run through the story as fast as possible, on hard the shooting gameplay is actually pretty good with agressive ai that forces you to move around a lot.

saunderez

The best thing about SpecOpsTheLine is it's unique setting. That alone made me complete it twice and I disagree with those that say you should play on easy to run through the story as fast as possible, on hard the shooting gameplay is actually pretty good with agressive ai that forces you to move around a lot.

I've given up on that game twice in exactly the same location. On 360 and now on PC. The level where you're in the mall and have to go down the stairs....I get to the bottom of the stairs and the game autosaves in a bad position and its death after death after death. I like the game but maybe I'm not cut out for it.

L.O.R.D

i am playing the wolf among us for the first time
didn't play any other teltale games before

in episode 1 right now , i just missed to press Y to answer a question , so they chose A
is there a way to restart from that point ?
any way to fast forward ?

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
Yea why not.

Murdered is ok. It has some nice ideas but the execution is average and it gets pretty repetitive as you progress, but it's not a bad game. If you enjoyed L.A. Noire, you'll like Murdered as well.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Hmmmm, according to the price of Crimson Clover divided by cards I have in market/left to farm, I only need 5.25 cents per card average to still get Crimson Clover with gabens. Abyss Odyssey had a time-sensitive price, but it seems I'm still getting both for free! Booyah!

So how do you spend the Playfire credit? It says I have £0.60, but when I click on spend it it just takes me to the GMG site where it says I have around 20 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom