• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

It's a shame I couldn't just leave him there

ixLRF1uRcIwkQ.gif

didamangi

is it reasonable to finish it in 4hrs? if so it's next on my list. I've heard a lot of gaf praise for the message in the game (and a little for the actual game) so I'm interested in checking it out but not if it's one of those 'we got over 10 hours of gameplay for you' games that just extends gameplay by whatever means the devs could think of.

If you play it on easy it's reasonable. If you don't like the gunplay (which I didn't) just might as well play it on easy for the experience. I finished it and thought it was meh from a gameplay stand point but the story is pretty interesting but not that great like some people said it was.

Jawmuncher

Does Enhanced Steam sometimes list GMG vouchers that don't work?

Says XD6388-B5KRS0-FGCNMC will take off on Watch Dogs, doesn't.

Don't Watch Dogs shame me, I've had a few drinks and need to see this trainwreck for myself.

Unless you absolutely need it on steam.
Uplay codes are easy to get for around 20.

Enco

The pull.. Is strong. I'll try to resist.

If I was enco I'd totally be like Tweak.
http://media.tumblr.com/8c916157c252b080f3da41c361d19890/tumblr_inline_mkwvyxkXYj1qz4rgp.gif[/ img][/QUOTE]
Oh yea. Kinda feels bad having so much choice. Not gonna complain though.

[quote="MrTeachwell, post: 120570055"]is it reasonable to finish it in 4hrs? if so it's next on my list. I've heard a lot of gaf praise for the message in the game (and a little for the actual game) so I'm interested in checking it out but not if it's one of those 'we got over 10 hours of gameplay for you' games that just extends gameplay by whatever means the devs could think of.[/QUOTE]
I just checked Steam and I have 4.7 hours logged. I was rushing through it for the story and to get it out the way.

Anustart

So glad I got my new 760, but sad my controller wont be here until 17th. Fuck you amazon. I want to play sleeping dogs and tomb raider now.

TnK

I am surprised GAF never talked about ASERBREED. It has to be one of the best shmup games I have played since Sine Mora. The game is really fun, even though it is a bit on the easy side.

Toki767

My boss just asked what kids these days say when they ask for the 411 (information, in case US people were wondering). I have no clue what kids these days even say.

Jawmuncher

I am surprised GAF never talked about ASERBREED. It has to be one of the best shmup games I have played since Sine Mora. The game is really fun, even though it is a bit on the easy side.

GAF was killing Astebreed near the end of the Sale.

liezryou

You musta not been there during the last few days of the steam sale.

dot

Is that Speed Runners? I like the style!

Yup!

what are yu talking about

we talk about assebreed all the time

that one picture also gets posted quite often too

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Does Enhanced Steam sometimes list GMG vouchers that don't work?

Says XD6388-B5KRS0-FGCNMC will take off on Watch Dogs, doesn't.

Don't Watch Dogs shame me, I've had a few drinks and need to see this trainwreck for myself.

EDIT or maybe it's just IsThereAnyDeals mistake.

Not trying to shift the blame, but yeah it's on IsThereAnyDeal. Basically sometimes they have a "universal" coupon code on sites like GMG that should apply to everything but in practice actually doesn't (like you're experiencing).

Unfortunately ITAD doesn't have the manpower or server power to check each and every one. Though I'd say in my own experience it's always been at least 95% correct.

AkuMifune

Banned
Not trying to shift the blame, but yeah it's on IsThereAnyDeal. Basically sometimes they have a "universal" coupon code on sites like GMG that should apply to everything but in practice actually doesn't (like you're experiencing).

Unfortunately ITAD doesn't have the manpower or server power to check each and every one. Though I'd say in my own experience it's always been at least 95% correct.

Yeah, I see now after checking their site it says may work on all games. No problem.

BTW, fantastic work. Couldn't go back.

Grief.exe

so after hearing a lot of people saying how great spec ops: the line is, i tried it out since it was in the 2k humble bundle.. and i gotta say, i am falling asleep playing it. i can sorta see why people say the story is good, i guess, but after 2 hours of literally just shooting, i can't play it anymore. does the story really get that great? i feel like it would be better as a movie, not a game

It's overrated.

Finished it in 4 hours and it was really frustrating and not very fun. Some cool bits here and there but it's nothing mind blowing. It forces you to do things and then tells you to feel bad. Didn't work for me. I agree with the overall message but the game is too annoying to be worth it.

It's certainly an interesting concept that I was explored by more titles in the medium. A concept that reminds me of Heart of Darkness and Apocalypse Now in a way.

Much like BioShock Infinite, the cracks in the gameplay start to get significantly worse at higher difficulty levels. Play at a lower difficulty to alleviate some of the potential frustration.

Sky Chief

If you play it on easy it's reasonable. If you don't like the gunplay (which I didn't) just might as well play it on easy for the experience. I finished it and thought it was meh from a gameplay stand point but the story is pretty interesting but not that great like some people said it was.

I got it free from PS+ and have tried playing it a few times but the gameplay bores me to death. Just picked it up in the 2K bundle regardless but I still doubt I will be able to make it through.

Hugstable

Banned

It was pretty big during the end of the sale. I actually made it to the final boss myself, but I'm still not victorious. Great SHMUP gmae

ArynCrinn

Banned
I'm about to go to work, but before I go, the first person to post a video of someone playing a 2D platformer with amazing skill (no tool-assisted stuff) gets Speedrunners.

Not sure if this is already taken, but how about a personal video of ME doing a non-tool assisted speedrun with amazing skill!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMv1BQPCGhs <- Never been beaten to this day using Meat Boy, btw! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxhLa8wGqjY <- This was only beaten due to desync glitches.

And just for the spectacle and to close the show with a level even most god-tier speedrunners can't do, (my new time here is 4.68 btw, waiting to be upped in my compilation) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ9eMrcGFoA

Come at me anybody who thinks they can beat that! xD

They just majorly cut the amount of credit the rewards five you as well.

RIP Playfire and GMG!

Not to mention that credit still isn't given out reliably, and support is total garbage in the event that you need manual credit added (i.e. they tell you it "looks fine on their end" and you get nothing).

pKSlqny.png

What is this?:
This is a time when SteamGAF can get together to play CS:GO. We will be playing casual matches, players from all skill levels are welcome!

When we are playing:
We are playing now!

What we are playing:
We are playing public matches through the casual matchmaking system. Due to the limitations of the party system there are only 10 spots available in the party. After the party is full, we will be placed in a public server where anyone can join the game.

How to join us:
We will initially start a lobby of 10 players (party system limitation). Once we start the game, you will be able to join the public server by going into the main menu and right clicking my name to join the game that I am in.

If you cannot get in, I will try to post in this thread when a free spot opens up on the server.

In the future:
If we have enough consistent players, we may consider setting up or renting a server for drop in drop out gaf matches.

Come join us and have fun!

Mono

Not to mention that credit still isn't given out reliably, and support is total garbage in the event that you need manual credit added (i.e. they tell you it "looks fine on their end" and you get nothing).

Omg yes, they're support is complete rubbish. It took them three or so months to reply to me after I had about ten things missing from when Steam's API was going crazy. When they finally replied, they said they added the credit for me, but they never did. Three months later they replied again saying that they really added it that time, but they didn't and I just gave up.

I think I'm done dealing with them. I got $10 of GMG credit to use eventually, so I'm okay with that! If only it stacked with their vounchers, though...

Why would you do that to yourself.

Surely anyone who manages that transends humanity
or has way too much tolerance and free time

saunderez

Got some coupons to get rid of after a recent crafting spree. If you're interested add me as a Steam friend if I'm not already on your list, drop me line and I'll send them your way. I'm also saunderez on Steam with the same Mr Meeseeks avatar so I should be pretty easy to find.

OQeTJzK.png

Someone CLAIM! I know only 99.8% of Gaffer's now own Bioshock. There's still .2% that don't. GRAB GRAB!

Bioshock -- MB-EDA38723B894CC6E - Taken by ArynCrinn. 3 entrants total.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I kind of want Tomb Raider, only I have it on 360 and feel like it could go lower than £3.74. Not sure how likely that is though.

so after hearing a lot of people saying how great spec ops: the line is, i tried it out since it was in the 2k humble bundle.. and i gotta say, i am falling asleep playing it. i can sorta see why people say the story is good, i guess, but after 2 hours of literally just shooting, i can't play it anymore. does the story really get that great? i feel like it would be better as a movie, not a game

The story does get much better. And, believe it or not, there are definitely plus sides to it being a game instead of a movie. I honestly believed it was 100% worth it.

I wouldn't look down on you if you quit, though XD...I personally will generally quit watching a tv show if it's not good in the first few episodes, regardless how how great it supposedly eventually gets.

Parsnip

I don't have a problem with GMG. It seems I can still totally buy games from them with a discount, that's kind of the most important part, no?

Playfire rewards credit is a nice bonus every now and then, but we all knew that changes were coming down the line, so I can't be too sad about not getting as much free shit as before.

HoosTrax

Anyone know what is happening with Darkout? I think it was the game that ended abruptly because they ran out of money or something, and the developer expressed no intention of finishing properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom