• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mono

There really needs to be some visual novel / detective sorts of games on Steam! Like Dangan Ronpa, Phoenix Wright, and Ghost Trick. Are there any?

Tellaerin

I think like every other human being red heads are hot but I in particularly loathe Felicia Day. (Some redheads get away with some things just cause they look good too but thats another story but can be connected to Felicia's appeal)The Dragon Age episodes and DLC with her *barfs*

...dude.

Regardless of how you feel about her status as an "internet celebrity", she definitely has some talent. (Veronica was one of the best things about Fallout: New Vegas. IMO, a big part of that was Felicia Day's voice work for the character. I just finished a playthrough recently, so that's still fresh in my mind.) And while I don't have a particular thing for redheads myself, I'd be lying if I said she isn't easy on the eyes.

Everyone's entitled to an opinion, sure, but I think you're being a little harsh here.

saunderez

Yea I entered a bunch as well. Eventually I just caved :) I'll keep entering for Alien and Divinity though!

If it was closer to release I'd probably have bought it already, but considering there's not a whole lot of chance of it being region locked I'll probably just pick it up at the last minute if I don't win a copy by then. Will probably buy Alien: Isolation though, its a little bit closer. And I got convinced to buy Divinity pretty much as soon as it became early access from a friend who was a Kickstarter backer so I've had that one covered for a long time now.

BHK3

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (BHK3, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Alice: Madness Returns -- MB-9D0F6A298F6B8DA4 - Taken by Dusk Golem. 14 entrants total.

t1405126857z1.png
Go crazy

Jawmuncher

Talking about Anarchy Reigns. Damn I would love to play that again.
Never played the MP but I had a lot of fun with the campaign alone.
Think it would do well on steam if it kept the budget price and pushed the MP.

Also this guy will forever look like a forgotten MGS boss.

I beat him some month ago... he gifted me State of Decay :p
thanks again for that :)
Ha, Daedalos and me beat him in once or twice. But he always won three times first.
And when we won he didn't even play for real. Always paused when we feel back to much, taunting us with his chicken-man character. lol
So our winnings were not even real. But congrats to you!

saunderez

These Q*Bert Reloaded cards are gold right now. Just sold 2 and it was enough to buy nearly 2 Divinity: Original Sin badges. Just waiting on my final drop so I can craft that second badge.

Yeah, I have to mirror the praise for The Cat Lady. Played it via gog when it launched on that platform and was really pleasantly surprised as I took a risk on a company I'd never heard of. Great music, incredibly creepy atmosphere, and some great writing although it does lay on the metaphors a bit thick towards the end. Would recommend it to any adventure game fans as long as you don't mind disturbing material.

And Divinity Original Sin just gets better and better, easily the best game I've played this year and if it can maintain this level of quality through it'll be one of my all time favorite crpg games.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Great list Dusk Golem.
Always thought 7 days to die was really bad. But you make it sound good.
And never heard of cat lady before. Looks disturbing and interesting.

When did you play it? A friend who played with us didn't like it before we played it, but when I played it with them they ended up liking it. Maybe it was because we just had the right group of friends playing it (we had a full 8-person lobby going on with friends), or maybe the game just has updated a lot (they had said a lot changed), but I liked it with my time. That said, I think its something better in bursts than something to marathon. Especially nice as you can pick up a world and character at any point. Still many features needed, but I had a lot of fun setting up with friends to do things, make a home with them once we started figuring out how to build things, and then having to hold out in something like the desolate city full of giant bees as we wait for daybreak with zombies trying to break in.

I liked the premise of Anodyne but really disliked the game and that I payed $5 for it. Maybe it's better if you got it in a bundle for less.

It's very Zelda-like though, in the fact that you basically just run around and explore; there aren't many things telling you where to go.

It's fine to disagree, I find a lot of people didn't like Anodyne, but I actually enjoyed it pretty well. My stance, to go a bit more in-depth, is that it shows and wears its Zelda and Yume Nikki inspiration proudly. Actually not knowing where to go and exploring is a big theme of Yume Nikki, and the dream-like substance of the game added to the feel as well. I liked the music, and a lot of the oddness, though a few things could of been improved, like a bigger variety of weapons or upgrades, and maybe sometimes clearer objectives, but I really did enjoy it and some of the later areas, like the Gameboy styled village or the Blood Dungeon that really gave Link's Awakening vibes. Not all were winners, like I thought the 8-Bit area with the invincible giant zombie monsters was kind of dull and though making card collecting something you need to do before the final dungeon was kind of bullshit (even if I only needed two more cards when I got there to get to the dungeon).

Articalys

Starseed Pilgrim remains alone and unwanted.
ModBot said:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below.

Starseed Pilgrim -- MB-A8B3CBCAF53ABD55 - Taken by CrunchyFrog

Mono

It's fine to disagree, I find a lot of people didn't like Anodyne, but I actually enjoyed it pretty well. My stance, to go a bit more in-depth, is that it shows and wears its Zelda and Yume Nikki inspiration proudly. Actually not knowing where to go and exploring is a big theme of Yume Nikki, and the dream-like substance of the game added to the feel as well. I liked the music, and a lot of the oddness, though a few things could of been improved, like a bigger variety of weapons or upgrades, and maybe sometimes clearer objectives, but I really did enjoy it and some of the later areas, like the Gameboy styled village or the Blood Dungeon that really gave Link's Awakening vibes. Not all were winners, like I thought the 8-Bit area with the invincible giant zombie monsters was kind of dull and though making card collecting something you need to do before the final dungeon was kind of bullshit (even if I only needed two more cards when I got there to get to the dungeon).

I forgot about the music and sounds in Anodyne! I thought they were excellent as well, and really added to the creepy, dismal, dream-like atmosphere. I rather liked the obvious Yume Nikki / Zelda inspiration and references it showed, they more than anything, they just made me want to play one of those games rather than Anodyne.

I suppose if you're looking for a cross between the two, Anodyne is perfect!

Ugh, the card collecting in that game is very tedious.

Tellaerin

Speedrunners for some reason makes me think of this song from Anarchy Reigns.

And then that reminds me, a Platinum Game that should come to Steam is Anarchy Reigns. It probably won't happen, but I think the game could do a lot better on PC than it did on consoles.

Anarchy Reigns for Steam, probably not, but allows me to post music here.

Nice to see there's at least a little love out there for Anarchy Reigns. I've been saying the same thing since Grief started the whole "Get more Sega games on PC/Steam" campaign. Game has an amazing soundtrack too, IMO. (Watch people get on me for my shit taste in music now. :p )

Fun fact: I've got the AR soundtrack set up as my custom playlist for GTA IV, so this ended up becoming my personal theme song for the game. The lyrics fit eerily well, I thought.

Jawmuncher

Nice to see there's at least a little love out there for Anarchy Reigns. I've been saying the same thing since Grief started the whole "Get more Sega games on PC/Steam" campaign. Game has an amazing soundtrack too, IMO. (Watch people get on me for my shit taste in music now. :p )

Fun fact: I've got the AR soundtrack set up as my custom playlist for GTA IV, so this ended up becoming my personal theme song for the game. The lyrics fit eerily well, I thought.

That song sums up how I felt the entire time I played GTA4's story.

dot

I still love you despite liking FD.

Aww, thanks. :D

and thanks for adding me Saunderez(i think he added me just to like my status post lol) and ClassyPenguin (aren't you banned?)!

edit: GUYS

Stop adding me! I just cleaned up my friend list a few days ago. I don't like my activity feed being all big... :(

rtcn63

No.

It's brilliant.

I'd also recommend watching The Fixer. A lot rougher around the edges, but still enjoyable. The Prisoner remake as well, if you're a Ruth Wilson fan.

Fuck, Neil Cross wrote two shitty episodes of Doctor Who? Damn. I say goddamned.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
No.

It's brilliant.

I shall catch up on the show then!

Changing the subject. Which PC games not on Steam would you like to see on Steam? Personally I want Chaos Legion, Billy Hatcher, The Suffering games, Psi-Ops, Second Sight, Outrun 2, Blur and some others i cant remember right now.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I'd also recommend watching The Fixer. A lot rougher around the edges, but still enjoyable. The Prisoner remake as well, if you're a Ruth Wilson fan.

Fuck, Neil Cross wrote two shitty episodes of Doctor Who? Damn. I say goddamned.

Yeah I enjoyed The Fixer too, but it hasn't got a patch on Luther. Best drama us Brits have produced in years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom