• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Just buy some keys from the TF2 in-game store, then sell them on the market. You'll lose a few cents, but it's an easy way to authenticate your account.

liezryou

Just buy some keys from the TF2 in-game store, then sell them on the market. You'll lose a few cents, but it's an easy way to authenticate your account.
Can't keys are locked for 1 week from the store if you aren't market ready (your account isn't in good standing).

Ventara

If any of you guys are interested in Witcher 3, I just saw that this guy on tf2outpost i selling them for 8 keys, and if you value a key as $2, it's the same price as what Dunder is offering. I think I'll jump on this myself.

Edit: Aww, yes. Witcher 3 for $16 is mine!

I may have 1 or 2 extra accounts that have the new user restriction lifted (I think). I could donate one to the cause.

The other thing is that I'm sure any number of us would donate steam funds via wallet transfer once it works if it was necessary to get a fully functional account going that would benefit this SteamGAF community.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Thanks for the explicit confirmation that neither gifts nor bundles work. That's very interesting. So if I want a fully functional Steam bot (no, I don't have anything working yet, I'm just spitballing--I'm going to have about 2-3 free weeks next month stuck visiting family and that makes me want to have a big programming project), it's going to cost me at least like 20 cents during a Steam sale. Bummer.

See Turfster's post below yours. What seems to be the case is that retail keys and gifts do lift the limited account status, as per the FAQ, but Market access in particular requires the account holder to make an actual store purchase.

Edit: Yeah, here we go:
Who is eligible to participate in the Community Market?
The account must have a successful purchase older than thirty days, but not older than a year. Also, Steam Guard must be enabled for 15 days.

Mystery solved. ;)

Yrael

Oooh, Sir You Are Being Hunted is only $5 now. I've had my eye on that for a while. From the reviews it does seem as though it has its flaws, but for that price it should be worth it.

saunderez

Oooh, Sir You Are Being Hunted is only $5 now. I've had my eye on that for a while. From the reviews it does seem as though it has its flaws, but for that price it should be worth it.
Yeah its a pretty decent game, I've had it since it first came onto Early Access. Completely terrible at it though. I always end up hiding defenceless in long grass while patrolbots slowly close on on me.

SSPssp

Just won another M&Ms text since the steam sale... it's only allowing me to do the cable bill credit now :( I guess the fun is over.

Yeah, I just got only cable bill credit too. I wonder if you actually have to order a movie or if its just 6 bucks off your bill?

Edit: Just comes off your bill and I think they can stack, so this isn't bad if you have cable/satellite.

Yeah, I know, it's just weird to me still when people say something about their cable bill. I just have only had a internet bill since 2003. I don't even remember what a commercial is.

louiedog

There's a chance a couple of this won't redeem correctly. Send me a PM and I'll get you fixed up.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3 -- MB-9C80175D19A1F101 - Taken by doctorcdcs. 2 entrants total.
Rad Bats -- MB-01FEACF26AF54320 - Taken by TheMadMan007. 3 entrants total.
Metro 2033 -- MB-49E1CEF00B00EE6D - Taken by Ventara. 5 entrants total.

t1405141409z1.png

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Yeah, my girlfriend's account has like 30 games now including games gifted through steam and bundle keys and none count as a purchase so she still can't use the market at all. I considered buying the 1 cent DLC for Pinball Arcade over the summer sale to see if that would work but I wasn't sure if it would work.

In game buys, listed as Game Transactions, do not count either. They work as a single product modifier as far as Valve is concerned and not "full game purchase" through Steam.

You still should have done it though, they be good pinball tables.

Ventara

Does anyone know how Dunder get his Divinity copies region free? I was browsing the Russian store when I noticed it was was region locked, but from what I understand the games he sells are all region free. I should probably PM Dunder for an answer, lol.

Speevy

Banned
A game!

ModBot said:
Instructions for Speevy:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Speevy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Risk of Rain -- MB-225E292EEAFF9627 - Taken by EdmondD. 13 entrants total.

t1405141890z1.png

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Well, at least I no longer have to be reminded of being 2/15 with M&Ms wins anymore.

I mostly blame everyone that got around 3+ cards in one day and bragging about it during the sale threads.

dot

Well, at least I no longer have to be reminded of being 2/15 with M&Ms wins anymore.

I mostly blame everyone that got around 3+ cards in one day and bragging about it during the sale threads.

I only won twice too...

Guess i'm not really surprised they took out the free credit option.

neoemonk

Yeah, I know, it's just weird to me still when people say something about their cable bill. I just have only had a internet bill since 2003. I don't even remember what a commercial is.

It's the little mini-video that plays before your YouTube video. You probably just skip it most of the time. The Internet is cool.

Probably the same people who racked up $200+ each Thursday on the Gamestop facebook stuff, and didn't leave anything for anyone else.... But if I'm being honest, I'd probably abuse the system a bit too if I had the chance.

Pupo

Welp...

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (pupo, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Bioshock -- MB-98F617F1C4240609 - Taken by gaiadyne. 1 entrants total.

t1405142429z1.png

Probably the same people who racked up $200+ each Thursday on the Gamestop facebook stuff, and didn't leave anything for anyone else.... But if I'm being honest, I'd probably abuse the system a bit too if I had the chance.

One entry per person here. I wish all these things weren't so abusable : \

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom