• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
A couple of spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (JaseC, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Reversion: The Meeting -- MB-9353EF86E5413215 - Taken by Deques
Super Panda Adventures -- MB-2B6023296B93C8A2 - Taken by corrosivefrost

Lain

Groupees has now direct steam redeeming as well? When did they implement it? I like that they still show keys too though.

JaseC

Groupees has now direct steam redeeming as well? When did they implement it? I like that they still show keys too though.

Literally within the past day or two as the option wasn't there when I last checked my purchase history.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
NightOps in Arma3 is an incredible thing

40DA458DE6D998CB33466401DAD7D1BD41F0E10D

AC48F11AE949E7F0EF92982322477ABEF6B67C73

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Guacamelee is such an odd game.. o_O

I thought the game was mediocre and not at all the gem people claimed it to be. I had a good time with it, though. Solidly average.

Kanokare

I'd like to apologize to that team we killed so badly on Cache that they went berserk and started killing each other.
oTL

Edit: Video to come :p

Hugstable

Banned
I'd like to apologize to that team we killed so badly on Cache that they went berserk and started killing each other.
oTL

Amazing! I think they got mad at Africa and offed him. That last game was brutal though, only ended up with 6 kills. I need to get some rest now haha. Fun Comp matches!

Kanokare

That was pretty great though. Even if it was mean.

I'm glad we had no one on our team rubbing it in like how the other guys we play against would do. pce kid hack spam. etc. SteamGAF da bes.

Amazing! I think they got mad at Africa and offed him. That last game was brutal though, only ended up with 6 kills. I need to get some rest now haha. Fun Comp matches!

Haha yeah GG. I'll watch vids on Mirage to see what I can do better.

Caerith

You can have multiple tabs in the steam friend-list? I didn't know that...

The only tabs I have are friends and groups, but you can assign multiple tags to each friend as a sort of filter. A shame they can't copy the tag system over to the library.

Thorgal

In regards to this tread about a guy getting his PSN account banned because Paypal doing a charge back and setting of red flags at Sony :

How does steam/ Valve handle this ?

While i have never had issue's with Paypal before ,the fact that it is tied to my Steam account makes me nervous if this where to ever happen to me .

In regards to this tread about a guy getting his PSN acount banned because of Paypal doing a charge back is seen as the most likely cause and setting of red flags at Sony :

How does steam handle this ?

While i have never had issue's with Paypal before ,the fact that it is tied to my Steam account makes me nervous if this where to ever happen to me .
I'd heard that you could get banned over a chargeback, but in all the recent incidents I know of I think they just remove whatever you bought in the transaction from your account.

JaseC

In regards to this tread about a guy getting his PSN account banned because Paypal doing a charge back and setting of red flags at Sony :

The account restriction system came into place in February 2012, to be precise, and in addition to disabling store purchases, Valve also prevents users from activating CD keys and gifts (in other words, it's not possible to activate a new game at all). Indeed, if you really screw up, you may also be locked out of Steam Community entirely instead of just being unable to use the gifting/trading features. As I noted earlier, though, restrictions imposed due to chargebacks drop off automatically after nine weeks, so if you've no intention of resolving the issue and just want to play your games there's no need to contact Valve at all.

How does steam handle this ?

I think it's discussed in that very thread, but if a chargeback occured in a Steam transaction, you'd lose the ability to buy and activate new games until it is resolved. You can still play your existing games.

EDIT: late!

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

Valve will ban your account from making purchases for a certain period (weeks to months) until it gets resolved. After which, that payment method which was used for the chargeback will no longer be usable on Steam period. Your account, another account, nothing.

That last one I didn't really feel bad about it until the last round. But still.

I'm glad we had no one on our team rubbing it in like how the other guys we play against would do. pce kid hack spam. etc. SteamGAF da bes.

Haha yeah GG. I'll watch vids on Mirage to see what I can do better.
But Saj was rubbing it in :p

I'm still awful at this game.
Eh, I can see where you could improve, like crosshair placement (I need help there too though), but you're far from the worst.

I felt pretty good about my M4A1 usage though. I can't remember why I switched to the A4 in the first place, but I don't think I'm going back now.

Kanokare

Haha it's all fun. Check out some aim map servers sometimes. Good practice. That's how I used to get better back in 1.6 I'd say deathmatch as well, but I hate how the spawning works when I want to practice.

That last one I didn't really feel bad about it until the last round. But still.

But Saj was rubbing it in :p

Eh, I can see where you could improve, like crosshair placement (I need help there too though), but you're far from the worst.

I felt pretty good about my M4A1 usage though. I can't remember why I switched to the A4 in the first place, but I don't think I'm going back now.

Oh haha I must've not noticed it or forgotten XD It probably wasn't that bad. I also prefer the M4A1. More ammo to pew pew for me.

Hugstable

Banned

Ha a few of those first matches made me feel good with the decent amount of kills I was getting, but Mirage just had me dropping every round. I gotta get used to that map more. I think it was added during Operation Bravo, which is when I stopped playing last year so I never got much time with the map in. Besides that map is was still a fun night overall winning 2 matches and almost mounting a comeback.

Thorgal

I'd heard that you could get banned over a chargeback, but in all the recent incidents I know of I think they just remove whatever you bought in the transaction from your account.

I think it's discussed in that very thread, but if a chargeback occured in a Steam transaction, you'd lose the ability to buy and activate new games until it is resolved. You can still play your existing games.

EDIT: late!

Thanks ! so i have nothing to fear about losing all my games .

Valve will ban your account from making purchases for a certain period (weeks to months) until it gets resolved. After which, that payment method which was used for the chargeback will no longer be usable on Steam period. Your account, another account, nothing.

Wait ,so if it where to happen , i can never use Paypal again to buy something on steam ever ?

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Thanks ! so i have nothing to fear about losing all my games .

Wait ,so if it where to happen , i can never use Paypal again to buy something on steam ever ?

I'm fairly certain, yes. A friend of mine's bank performed a chargeback without his authorization and after a ton of back and forth he was told to wait out the buy/trade restriction period fully and his credit card no longer works on Steam. They told him he'd have to get a new number. Paypal would work similarly.

Well I think I'm getting better at CS:GO. Last CS game I played was source 4 years ago and even then I only played it for a month or so. :3

Thorgal

I'm fairly certain, yes. A friend of mine's bank performed a chargeback without his authorization and after a ton of back and forth he was told to wait out the buy/trade restriction period fully and his credit card no longer works on Steam. They told him he'd have to get a new number. Paypal would work similarly.

Well in that case i should be fine right since i write over a monthly amount of money from my bank account to my Paypal account and use that for payment ?

_hekk05

Banned
Sure :D there isn't any official group Lol. Just a ragtag bunch of people. But maybe we should make it official. So its easier to find people to play with. I put all those guys on a Payday 2 tab on my friends list

There is an official neogaf payday 2 group. The more you know

You should play with Hug, Frost, me, Gooch, 40oz and the newest member Valgaran.

We do pretty well most of the time :)

Chariot am cry

how can you be horrible at grinding

What is this grinding that you are talking about?

JaseC

Well in that case i should be fine right since i write over a monthly amount of money from my bank account to my Paypal account and use that for payment ?

It's your PayPal account that would be blacklisted, not the specific funding source. I don't think merchants are privy to how a user's PayPal account is funded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom