• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugstable

Banned
I doubt I got past the first hour and I've already fallen in love. Pretty sure I'm going to explode if that holds true. This game is incredible.

I'm sure you've at least hit the mines by now correct? Maybe I overestimate how long that whole beginning portion is, I just like yS games for the action, and I want it to get to the action fast!

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
I preordered this game. I don't think I've installed it yet. What have you done to me steamGAF...

that's only the beginning ;) you buy more and more games .... you play less and less of them ... and then you pretty much just turn into JaseC :p

Coreda

Wish Steam would implement custom user ratings and sorting options. Would be great if one could just add custom tags to game titles in a library, ala music tagging. So many more possibilities.

Kuroyume

Banned
Eurotrash:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kuroyume, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

IHF Handball Challenge 12 -- MB-DEDF29E9512243E2 - Taken by PriitV. 2 entrants total.

t1405175612z1.png

Hanzou

Anyone ever bought a game as a gift to go directly to your inventory but it never shows up? Just happened to me. Transaction shows on my account but it is nowhere to be found.

I won Anomaly 2 from a giveaway. I gave it an honest effort, partially because I played the original and partially because I won it from a giveaway and I'm not a dick who just vacuums up shit.

But these devs made a super unforgiving game. I reached level 11 of 16 and the map is basically just coated with towers at this point and it feels impossible to keep up with anything at this point. AND I AM PLAYING ON THE ABSOLUTE LOWEST DIFFICULTY. There is nothing casual about it you asshole devs. The lowest difficulty should still be doable by someone who apparently sucks at the genre.

So I rage deleted the game. I am sorry for failing you modbot and Steam thread, but this game is just too much for me.

Did you beat the first game? The first one got pretty rough for me later in as well, hell I still haven't beaten it.

_hekk05

Banned
Anyone ever bought a game as a gift to go directly to your inventory but it never shows up? Just happened to me. Transaction shows on my account but it is nowhere to be found.

Hapenned to me this sale. I got a gift from nbnt and it appeared all of a sudden.

Sometimes restarting steam can help with that if you bought it to your inventory to gift out later. Other times the gift redemption is immediate so you don't see it in you inventory.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Did you beat the first game? The first one got pretty rough for me later in as well, hell I still haven't beaten it.

I did, but I definitely remember using a guide for the last level or two and I definitely played that one on the lowest difficulty too. I don't understand how people do this on the hardest difficulty.

BadRamen

So Enslaved is pretty cool. Framerate are controls seems to be less ajggy and clunky than my PS3 version, thankfully.

Okay, that is it! You randomly mentioning Enslaved has inspired me to make it my next game I complete, at least story-wise. I started it on 360, liked it, but never got around to getting much beyond the intro. And I had done the same with the Steam verj, but not now! Thanks!

Tripolygon

Banned
My first giveaway, i know not the best. If the link does not work since i'm new to this giveaway stuff, PM me and i'll figure out a way to sort it out.

Edit:bit of an error in the giveaway, i'll fix it and re-post it.

Do you guys never sleep? :O

Sleep is for the weak.
Or humans.

don't play with him ... he's a cheater!!! :p

2014-07-12_09-41-28.jpg
2014-07-12_09-44-44.jpg

just kidding - it was a bug :p

I am not limited by your puny rules of existence.
Playing with me allows the "team" to bend the rules where possible for more loot and experience.
Seems to me that people should be lining up to play with me...
Y'know, when they're not paying me to rig modbot.

Shadownet

Banned
Sleep is for the weak.
Or humans.

Playing with me allows the "team" to bend the rules where possible for more loot and experience.

LOL what did you do man? whats the story behind this

lashman

well I never said I don't want to play with you any more xD

MTE

Finished up Tomb Raider I just now, and immediately in to #2. Quite an improvement on PC implementation, and Lara feels slightly less like a tank. Also, PONYTAIL PHYSICS.

Hugstable

Banned
Sleep is for the weak.
Or humans.

LOL you got a cheater tag?! How do you end up getting called a cheater for buying assets? They are assets given to you to buy at the start anyway!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NingenJanai, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sweet Lily Dreams -- MB-5AC2FC93BCE858FE - Taken by anastef. 4 entrants total.
Mata Hari -- MB-D676B083F5C52FC7 - Taken by MTE. 2 entrants total.

t1405177112z1.png

lashman

LOL you got a cheater tag?! How do you end up getting called a cheater for buying assets? They are assets given to you to buy at the start anyway!

people kept joining and leaving the match while we were in the lobby .... the assets took forever to load ... and after they loaded - he got that message :p

hahaha how long is he going to be stuck with that tag?

I'm gonna think it's probably just that one match

Tha'ts the thing about hacking...
Didn't you play Watch_Dogs? Aiden can't hold a candle to me. It's already gone.
The only reason that "proof" exists is because lashman has an itchy "trigger" finger for screenshots.
I'm still deciding whether to take down his entire domain or llet him have his fun and just eventually play it off as a 'shop if anyone starts taking him seriously. :lol

I mean, Sub Zero tells you guys all the time that I hacked modbot. And if I made myself win every giveaway I was interested in, you'd definitely believe him.
The only reason Stump hasn't said anything about the incidents is because he doesn't want to incite panic by confirming the truth behind it.

lashman

Tha'ts the thing about hacking...
Didn't you play Watch_Dogs? Aiden can't hold a candle to me. It's already gone.
The only reason that "proof" exists is because lashman has an itchy "trigger" finger for screenshots.
I'm still deciding whether to take down his entire domain or llet him have his fun and just eventually play it off as a 'shop if anyone starts taking him seriously. :lol

I mean, Sub Zero tells you guys all the time that I hacked modbot. And if I made myself win every giveaway I was interested in, you'd definitely believe him.
The only reason Stump hasn't said anything about the incidents is because he doesn't want to incite panic by confirming the truth behind it.

spare me, please ;)

Hanzou

Sometimes restarting steam can help with that if you bought it to your inventory to gift out later. Other times the gift redemption is immediate so you don't see it in you inventory.
Yeah it was a gift that was supposed to go straight to my inventory. What do you mean that the redemption was immediate? Like if It was an email gift? That's the thing, I checked my gift history and inventory history and it is nowhere to be found. This happened on the last day of the sale so steam has been updated and restarted many times. May be time for a steam support ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom