• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it was a gift that was supposed to go straight to my inventory. What do you mean that the redemption was immediate? Like if It was an email gift? That's the thing, I checked my gift history and inventory history and it is nowhere to be found. This happened on the last day of the sale so steam has been updated and restarted many times. May be time for a steam support ticket.

Yeah I meant if it was an email gift or a gift to a friend already on steam. If its been that long its time to open a ticket.

GaussTek

Halo: Spartan Assault is just $2... on the Windows 8 Store :p

I might jump in, as I had like ~$1.50 credit left when my Xbox points got converted.

Edit. BTW, just wondering, this version is the same as the Steam one, right?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Why would cheating in payday 2 even be a big deal. Its a coop game. Is there even leaderboards for payday 2?

I mean you guys are thieves in the game. Hacking and cheating your way on the game shouldn't be frowned upon and actually should be praised for being smart enough. LOL

Hugstable

Banned
Sir, You Are Being Hunted is intense o_O

You think it's worth the $5 sale price? Been thinking about jumping on it since it looks quite interesting. At first look I thought it was gonna be a Point and Click adventure, but it looks quite different than that.

Turfster

You think it's worth the $5 sale price? Been thinking about jumping on it since it looks quite interesting. At first look I thought it was gonna be a Point and Click adventure, but it looks quite different than that.

Uh, it's not a P&C adventure game at all.
It's a creepy English countryside stealth game where you need to gather segments of your experiment in a place dominated by robot gentry.

Jawmuncher

Halo: Spartan Assault is just $2... on the Windows 8 Store :p

I might jump in, as I had like ~$1.50 credit left when my Xbox points got converted.

Edit. BTW, just wondering, this version is the same as the Steam one, right?

Yep except its not on steam.

I mean you guys are thieves in the game. Hacking and cheating your way on the game shouldn't be frowned upon and actually should be praised for being smart enough. LOL

That would be an interesting mechanic for a game to have.

Grief.exe

Why would cheating in payday 2 even be a big deal. Its a coop game. Is there even leaderboards for payday 2?

If it's just with your friends, then it can be fun.

If people just join a different server and are clocking headshots around the map taking all challenge away, then it can be frustrating.

Grief.exe

Closer to Don't Starve in terms of mechanics.

Hugstable

Banned
Uh, it's not a P&C adventure game at all.
It's a creepy English countryside stealth game where you need to gather segments of your experiment in a place dominated by robot gentry.

lol I know its not. I thought it was from the banner style, then I clicked it and saw a sweet looking huge open survival game.

Jawmuncher

If people just join a different server and are clocking headshots around the map taking all challenge away, then it can be frustrating.

Yeah I suppose that makes sense.
Would be pretty annoying to deal with a match where you kept winning and didn't do anything to help.

Tizoc

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tizoc, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Ys: The Oath in Felghana -- MB-102BC574341448A0
Ys I & II Chronicles Plus -- MB-DFC1B7FE9DDF5746
Ys Origin -- MB-23379AF818256627

t1405189130z1.png

Don't miss out if you already had missed out~

Volotaire

Any rumours/sightings that could lead to a Dragons Dogma port on Steam? I've heard the current gen versions have constant performance issues.

Kurdel

Banned

Wait, is it actual cheats or people just using controllers?

I know when I played, the controller had so much auto aim that I had like 40 head shots per round, but I haven't played it since. It would suck if there were a lot of cheating going on...

Dude.
Just think about what you're asking and then rephrase it a little...

Does this game have Tea?
Yes.
Does it also have Biscuits?
Yes.
What about Crumpets and Scones?
Buy it to find out!

Only if we have ziplines in every fucking game.
Sure. Unlock vantage point for all I care. ;)

The damn ziplines never helped! D:
Sure they have. I need 2x ammo bags soon because I want to be able to leave one for people in the bank and then high tail it out over the zipline and set up shop in the vantage point.

I've been trying to get that sniper rifle magnified scope. Need to noscope 5 more enemies while ziplining

#ziplinenoscopeoneshotonekill

Haha, does it only work with sniper rifles? Cause I'm pretty handy at that. :p

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
lol I know its not. I thought it was from the banner style, then I clicked it and saw a sweet looking huge open survival game.

its a survival game like dayZ, rust, the forrest etc, but single player. The objective seems to be to gather 16 of these artifact parts that are scattered around the 5 islands you can visit. You need to look around for them avoiding the top hat robots, blimps with spotlights, while looting various houses and whatnot for food / weapon / utensils to help you avoid or fight the robots

I started with the default class (theres several, each with different starting gear), the default starts with fuck all, kinda like the deprived in dark souls. So this was my experience for about 1 hour.

I pick up the starting gear on the floor (some binoculars and I think a bottle that you can throw to distract robots), pick up the first fragment thing you need (theres always 1 at the start as a tutorial) and am imediatly spotted by a blimp flying around which calls others robots to the area. So i haul ass and keep to tall grass while crouching, all stealth like, I manage to loot some houses for some bandages and more bottles, also a flashlight (which I hear sucks because robots see it from a mile away), I manage to find a boat to take me to another island. This is all done very slowly cause im fucking paranoid with all the robots patroling around.

So I get to the new island, and I imediatly find a unguarded fragment thingie and now I have to do some resident evil style inventory tetris because im getting full and these fragments are big. I grab it, and explore a bit more, find some more loot, alarm clock to attrack robots I imagine, a trombone that I can equip (lol?), some rocks that work like the bottles to distract robots, and more food. I also finally find a gun, but only has 6 shots :/

So im basically full so I go back to the first island to hand in the fragment, and I have no fucking clue where the starting point was because I have no map I believe there are maps tho), so I walk around more, all the time paranoid of robots and blimps because I only have 6 shots and I have no idea how resiliant the robots are AND they are always in pairs at least. So i finally find the starting point and hand in the fragment, only 15 to go.

Thats the game in a nut shell. I actually found some dinamite, and another fragment guarded by 2 robots, i chucked the dynamite and completely missed (lol), so I threw a bunch of bottles to distract them and grabbed the fragment and hauled ass, they never saw me. I like this game

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Sure they have. I need 2x ammo bags soon because I want to be able to leave one for people in the bank and then high tail it out over the zipline and set up shop in the vantage point.

I need 50 ammo bags :p I go through my ammo SO FAST (barely hitting anything, of course) xD

its a survival game like dayZ, rust, the forrest etc, but single player. The objective seems to be to gather 16 of these artifact parts that are scattered around the 5 islands you can visit. You need to look around for them avoiding the top hat robots, blimps with spotlights, while looting various houses and whatnot for food / weapon / utensils to help you avoid or fight the robots

I started with the default class (theres several, each with different starting gear), the default starts with fuck all, kinda like the deprived in dark souls. So this was my experience for about 1 hour.

I pick up the starting gear on the floor (some binoculars and I think a bottle that you can throw to distract robots), pick up the first fragment thing you need (theres always 1 at the start as a tutorial) and am imediatly spotted by a blimp flying around which calls others robots to the area. So i haul ass and keep to tall grass while crouching, all stealth like, I manage to loot some houses for some bandages and more bottles, also a flashlight (which I hear sucks because robots see it from a mile away), I manage to find a boat to take me to another island. This is all done very slowly cause im fucking paranoid with all the robots patroling around.

So I get to the new island, and I imediatly find a unguarded fragment thingie and now I have to do some resident evil style inventory tetris because im getting full and these fragments are big. I grab it, and explore a bit more, find some more loot, alarm clock to attrack robots I imagine, a trombone that I can equip (lol?), some rocks that work like the bottles to distract robots, and more food. I also finally find a gun, but only has 6 shots :/

So im basically full so I go back to the first island to hand in the fragment, and I have no fucking clue where the starting point was because I have no map I believe there are maps tho), so I walk around more, all the time paranoid of robots and blimps because I only have 6 shots and I have no idea how resiliant the robots are AND they are always in pairs at least. So i finally find the starting point and hand in the fragment, only 15 to go.

Thats the game in a nut shell. I actually found some dinamite, and another fragment guarded by 2 robots, i chucked the dynamite and completely missed (lol), so I threw a bunch of bottles to distract them and grabbed the fragment and hauled ass, they never saw me. I like this game

But what of the TEA AND BISCUITS?

I need 50 ammo bags :p I go through my ammo SO FAST (barely hitting anything, of course) xD

I bet that happens cause you're rockin the Huggie-bear.
Does that thing have a single shot mode?

Honestly I think the ship has sailed on that one.

Never say never.
We never thought we'd get 3SO or the Darkstalkers ports on PSN/XBL.
We probably also thought we'd never see RE4 HD as a Steam release either.

ohh ... what I would give to have that game on PC ... I tried playing it on consoles, but holy carp - that "performance" X__X

Yeah, I have Dark Arisen from PS+, but I didn't bother because I hear the framerate is obnoxious.

lashman

I bet that happens cause you're rockin the Huggie-bear.
Does that thing have a single shot mode?

the what now? I have no idea what you're talking about xD

Yeah, I have Dark Arisen from PS+, but I didn't bother because I hear the framerate is obnoxious.

PRECISELY!!! I tried playing it for about 2 hours ... but then I just gave up - it's simply no fun when the game runs at about 20fps :/

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I wanna bother Warner Bros to bring the PC versions of The Suffering games and Psi Ops. Any other PC games I should bother them with? (No port begging)

lashman

I wanna bother Warner Bros to bring the PC versions of The Suffering games and Psi Ops. Any other PC games I should bother them with? (No port begging)

well I'd personally love to see Sheep, Dog 'n' Wolf and Looney Tunes: Space Race on steam ;) (although I think the former was developed and published by Infogrames)

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Tales of Adventure 2 -- MB-15A0784FE244A8D9 - Taken by Diedac

Hugstable

Banned

Sweet sounds interesting enough to me, just picked it up.

Dr Dogg

did anyone use the PlayStation 3DTV? for that high refresh rate gaming? 240Hz?

It's not actually a proper 240hz display. It uses backlight strobing or other similar techniques to reduce cross talk and flicker. I think it only accepts HDMI 1.4 so the highest actual refresh your getting over that is 60hz regardless. Even the awesome Ezio FG2421 only has a native refresh of 120hz and that's over dual link DVI or Display Port. If your after a fast refresh monitor or even a high resolution one I'd wait until DP 1.3 and HDMI 2.0 monitors start rolling out as the spec allows for an awful lot more bandwidth. There's a lot of driver and scaler hacks at the moment is seems to get 4K working at 60hz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom