• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Just don't get addicted to it and you'll be fine. I only started crafting not all that long before the Steam sale and I went from level 11 to level ~40 during the sale. Dat addiction.

The progress indicator is constantly taunting me to craft another card. The joke here is if I craft another card I'll still be 1XP short.

sQm6gvR.png

I recently reached the point where I can no longer move up a level just by maxing out a regular badge. It's rather annoying; I basically have to pay ~$5 to up my friends list limit.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I think Absolution is a fun game if you dont mind a few of the silly shit it does. It's not as bad as many people say it is.

Dr Dogg

What is Absolution like?

For me average. I don't find it as bad as some of the stick it gets. Truth be told it's not a very good Hitman game but it's more in the vane of Kane & Lynch. The sprawling levels where you had options galore are put to the side and there are now smaller levels that have a couple of branching paths but connected by other linear levels where you have only one option. Some of the requirements to get the Silent Assassin bonus are anything but.

If you're after a Hitman game Blood Money is the best of the best still but if your after a 'cinematic' game you might enjoy Absolution (I always read that in a late night tv shopping channel voice, like 'Try the new Abs Solution').

MNC

STEAMGAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

I graduated. Have the official title of engineer. Software engineer! You will address me as such. Naw, I'm 13 in a dozen. Anyway, time to catch up on some Steam and gaming.

So how reliable is www.steamblackmarket.com. Seems real shady, but apparently they buy games at sale prices and sell them for a tad more... I missed the Wolf of Wallstreet Among Us so I don't know what my best options are.

Hugstable

Banned
That boss in the catacombs of Dark Souls... was it supposed to be easy? Felt like a joke fight. At least it made up for how annoying that place was. But now I've stepped foot into Tomb of the Giants, and I already hate this place after being here for 5 minutes.

Divius

That boss in the catacombs of Dark Souls... was it supposed to be easy? Felt like a joke fight. At least it made up for how annoying that place was. But now I've stepped foot into Tomb of the Giants, and I already hate this place after being here for 5 minutes.
Easiest boss in the game. Especially since he is normally visited once the player has some decent gear.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

MbmDY6z.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-203B16EA71137459 - Taken by Vastag. 4 entrants total.
battle fearsome literary foes such as Hyde, the Headless Horseman and Dracula.
Mystery Gift -- MB-C5BCAB811957AE53 - Taken by KevMan1815. 17 entrants total.
TRUST NO ONE BUT YOURSELF

t1405183772z1.png

Dr Dogg

What's the chronology of Hitman games?
Codename 47, 2, contracts, blood money. Wasn't one of them kind of a remake?

Contracts is actually a remake and prequel and sequel all in one. Technical it straddles the first and the second with it's own mission too. Then after that it's more straight forward and Blood Money and the Absolution follow. Though there are a fair few novels as well but who knows if they're canon.

STEAMGAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

I graduated. Have the official title of engineer. Software engineer! You will address me as such.

So how reliable is www.steamblackmarket.com. Seems real shady, but apparently they buy games at sale prices and sell them for a tad more... I missed the Wolf of Wallstreet Among Us so I don't know what my best options are.

Congrats.

Pinwheel? Yeah considering the level of ability required to get to the bottom of that area the boss fight is a joke. What makes it more easy is that you don't really need to head down that way as it's a dead end until much later in the game so when you do you're probably going to be quite high leveled and have some decent gear by then. First time I had Kellogg's Furry Sword and a stack of Humanity on hand and it was over in about 2 swipes.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

That's just Kinguin rebadged, which is basically just a platform for people to sell gifts and keys as opposed to being run by any single one entity in anything approaching an officially-recognised capacity. If you'd rather play it safe, stick with key trading or people here who can help out with cheaper prices (e.g. Dunder).

sprinkles

This week has been kinda shitty work wise, so I treated myself to something:

4d5cf83b58.jpg

But I also have some moe left for you:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (sprinkles, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Long Live the Queen -- MB-1C3A5CB84AFFC9E9 - Taken by Halo 2

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Absolution is a fine Splinter Cell Game, I dont know what you guys are talking about

oh its called HITMAN Absolution? well then...

I liked Absolution fuck all you haters

Contracts is actually a remake and prequel and sequel all in one. Technical it straddles the first and the second with it's own mission too. Then after that it's more straight forward and Blood Money and the Absolution follow. Though there are a fair few novels as well but who knows if they're canon.
Well, then buying Codename 47 and 2 doesn't make much sense.
Contracts and Blood Money should have all missions you say?

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Hitman: Absolution's greatest crime is the lack of creativity when it comes to kills and social evasion. I can only remember a handful of moments where I felt I had come up with a clever "accidental" death. 47 is a ruthless son of a bitch but here it felt all too predetermined.

I wouldn't mind the intuition move or whatever it's called so much if the game weren't so oriented around its use at a difficulty level higher than normal. It was fairly evident that the highest difficulty level hadn't even been playtested for those that wanted full stealth on many missions. They relaxed some aspects of it thankfully, but it doesn't change how you're funneled through extremely linear segments with the "wrong" costume and have to rely on action-stealth mechanics a la Splinter Cell: Conviction.

If you want a graphically impressive carnival ride, 75% off isn't a bad deal. Just don't expect to see the 47 you knew in there.

Dr Dogg

Well, then buying Codename 47 and 2 doesn't make much sense.
Contracts and Blood Money should have all missions you say?

Well Contracts only has a handful of levels from A47 and SA as well as 2 (I think?) of it's own. Agent 47 really hasn't aged well at all but Silent Assassin can still be a lot of fun as the level design still allows for some inventive options.

Catacombs I think are the place I had in mind when I mentioned that you still had tough places left :p

Those damn
four legged skeleton monster dog things.

Absolution is a fine Splinter Cell Game, I dont know what you guys are talking about

oh its called HITMAN Absolution? well then...

I liked Absolution fuck all you haters

Look at this poster's avatar.
And then ask yourself... would he/she lie to me?

Signs point to No.

Divius

Speaking of coupons; I woke up to '1 new item in your inventory' > oh boy a booster pack!

Nope. -20% of mousecraft for anyone who wants it.

Well Contracts only has a handful of levels from A47 and SA as well as 2 (I think?) of it's own. Agent 47 really hasn't aged well at all but Silent Assassin can still be a lot of fun as the level design still allows for some inventive options.
I remember playing Codename 47 when it released and getting stuck at the third (?) level. There was a restaurant at a corner and I smuggled a gun in the toilet beforehand but I never could get in when my target arrived. No saving was also painful.
But I loved the game. You could do everything the way you wanted, the clothes-changing and the ragdoll-physics were a blast (but looked pretty brutal to me back then).
Always hear folks clamoring on Blood Money. Is it worth for someone who liked 47 but a bit easier/in mission saves?

Thanks for your help.

I remember playing Codename 47 when it released and getting stuck at the third (?) level. There was a restaurant at a corner and I smuggled a gun in the toilet beforehand but I never could get in when my target arrived. No saving was also painful.
But I loved the game. You could do everything the way you wanted, the clothes-changing and the ragdoll-physics were a blast (but looked pretty brutal to me back then).
Always hear folks clamoring on Blood Money. Is it worth for someone who liked 47 but a bit easier/in mission saves?

Thanks for your help.

IIRC, there's only seven saves available per level in Blood Money.

Yes and muhaha. I hope you got a lantern from one of those necromancers. :p

I wonder if the Trust No One mystery gift is Fish Fillets 2, which has X-Files themed banner art on Steam?
I just had an idea for mystery giveaways, why not use some sort of tag when registering it instead of saying the game was named Mystery Game?

Something like: ??? Divinity - key, modbot converts it to Mystery Game when it detects the ???, and when it's claimed it shows it was Divinity.

This would be nice because some of us would like to know what the Mystery game was.

Don't know if it would be possible with ModBot or too complicated, but think about it Stump

Altazor

huehuehuehuehue

Relax.MX

Oblivion was unplayable for me, I tried to play it for like 8 hours, modify it with different mods, until just leave it for peace. I started one week ago Skyrim and start well, but after 5 hours i just see it as a beautiful world without soul, a sandbox to test our PC and see mods, and after 7 hours and want it to end, I'm limited to only playing the main missions. I dont feel my character exploring, I just see floating hands with strange physics, with an awkward combat and performances with zero emotion. It's a shame, I would like to see the world with a developer with good gameplay (The Witcher 3?)

I love The Witcher, Risen. I like Mass Effect, Dragon Age. But this game is just soulless. I will try to finish as much as possible.

Turfster

Daily Rise of the Triad 80% off

Humble Store Daily
  • Steamworld Dig 50%ish off
  • Super Comboman 33%ish off
  • Our Darker Purpose 66%ish off
  • Continue?9876543210 75%ish off
  • The Ship 66%ish off
  • David 50%ish off
  • Unmechanical 75%ish off
  • Beyond Divinity 75%ish off
  • Divine Divinity 75%ish off
  • Influx 75%ish off
  • Ring Runner 66%ish off
  • Hoard 66%ish off

but after 5 hours i just see it as a beautiful world without soul, a sandbox to test our PC and see mods,

But this game is just soulless. I will try to finish as much as possible.

Welcome to Bethesda "rpgs"

Lurra

Neo Member
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Lurra, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Pacific Storm Allies -- MB-108D5B2E2CFCD544
STCC II -- MB-34720881332FD359
Combat Wings Battle of Britain -- MB-04F01B76C2E2770B - Taken by Scipius. 2 entrants total.
Trainz Classic Cabon City -- MB-F612D3D8C6482D33 - Taken by Egamer. 1 entrants total.

t1405194754z1.png
Hi I'm very new here, this is a cool topic! So I found some old keys that I haven't used yet, and why not send them away to the lovely neogaf's steam gamers?
It's a very crappy giveaway I know, I am mostly sure that all the keys will work, but not at 100% let me know if one key doesn't work by PM <3

The catacombs should be done much much earlier than it usually is done (before TotG), which does make the boss look like a joke. But it's understandable as the skeletons are a bitch on lower level characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom