• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
all this talk about how complex Abyss Odyssey combat is, I better be able to play and finish it like I play all my games

tumblr_n0txqhLuU21s02d45o1_250.gif

Grief.exe

Banished is very good. For me it feels like the mixture of Sim City and Black and White. There are some minor tidbits that itch my annoyance like the lack of children models, but considering that this is literally developed by a single person, I could understand. Will the developer recruit other person into his studio for future project? I hope so.

Great game to just play a good CD and relax while playing. Seems opposite due to the harsh nature of the game, but it is true.

Dingotech

Either way, doesn't matter. You no longer have the card, so the trade is invalid. However, if you send another trade, it somehow makes the system realize the old trade should be cleared faster I think? It worked for me during the summer sale.

Cheers for this info, I might have to try it because the permanent notification is bugging me...

how can it suck? it's basically smash bros adventure mode w/ procedural generation and rougelike elements made by bACE team.

Well, besides having really stiff animation and being made by ACE team... you're now comparing it to Smash.

"How can it not suck?" seems like a more apropos question to ask here.

Beelzebubs

My OCD is kicking in, can't buy a card for Bardbarian to finish the badge. Every time I try buying it I get stuck at "Finding matching item listings at your desired price...".

Banished is very good. For me it feels like the mixture of Sim City and Black and White. There are some minor tidbits that itch my annoyance like the lack of children models, but considering that this is literally developed by a single person, I could understand. Will the developer recruit other person into his studio for future project? I hope so.

I need to really give a legit try. So far just played the tutorial. I really want to like these types of games but just can't get hooked on any of them.

Mokoi

Banned
If it sucks I laugh at the many people who I manipulated to buy a sucky game and if its good I´ll celebrate that the game its good and people are having fun. I win anyways. :3

Damm that is a win win situation for you.

Don't worry, I bought Vanquish recently which means there is pretty much a 100% chance it will hit PC now.

Nice work. Now go pick up Anarchy Reigns if you haven't yet.

Stump will ban me for spamming posts though.

Well you already added one to your post count with that reply.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
No lurkers rule makes me sad. :( I like lurking.

Even mods are powerless to stop Modbot's rise to power :O

I for one welcome our new bot overlord.

Just to spite morningbus yes?

Among others :p

My OCD is kicking in, can't buy a card for Bardbarian to finish the badge. Every time I try buying it I get stuck at "Finding matching item listings at your desired price...".

I don't even own the game and I sort of want to buy cards to craft the badge.

61086751a1d6224a6e5ae98efdea2bb08d21025c.png

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I just beat Binding of Isaac with my main character.

I feel like a God.

Shengar

Great game to just play a good CD and relax while playing. Seems opposite due to the harsh nature of the game, but it is true.
Yeah, its great for relaxing but some in game music are just down right depressing lol
I need to really give a legit try. So far just played the tutorial. I really want to like these types of games but just can't get hooked on any of them.

You should give it a try. I've just put 2-3 hours into the game but already in third year of my town.

def sim

Hm

I won Mafia 2 through a modbot giveaway when I already managed to get it from someone else earlier today.

Quote to get the humble link. Nete has requested not to be thanked, but it's his giveaway nonetheless.

Does anyone have any experience with The Fall (http://store.steampowered.com/app/290770/)? I tried searching gaf for impressions, but you can imagine "The Fall" brings up more than a couple hits.

From what I have read it is short and the first part of a trilogy, so not a whole lot of payoff. That being said, it's giving me heavy Swapper vibes, and that was one of my favorite games of last year.

dot

I'm not gonna lie, i'd probably play through and enjoy High School Dreams if it was on steam.

It looks hilarious.

hitmon

Hm

I won Mafia 2 through a modbot giveaway when I already managed to get it from someone else earlier today.

Quote to get the humble link. Nete has requested not to be thanked, but it's his giveaway nonetheless.

I really enjoyed Mafia 2. Tempted to get in on the humble bundle.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone have any experience with The Fall (http://store.steampowered.com/app/290770/)? I tried searching gaf for impressions, but you can imagine "The Fall" brings up more than a couple hits.

From what I have read it is short and the first part of a trilogy, so not a whole lot of payoff. That being said, it's giving me heavy Swapper vibes, and that was one of my favorite games of last year.

I couldn't find really detailed SteamGaf impressions though I could have sworn I've read some before, but I did find this post. It's not much to go on unfortunately.

edit: good to see that the impressions did exist and I wasn't going crazy. Yet.

wtf is High School Dreams that everyone is talking about?

It shows up in GMG's top ten for some reason. Looks like trash.

Here. Have some thing. It's not much, but it's the best I can do given my financial situation.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (WhiskeyDiver, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dead Island: Epidemic #2 -- MB-7FBA32F33BC5958A
Dead Island: Epidemic -- MB-87395BD6A59F4240
Cloudbuilt -- MB-8B9FDBF345C867B1 - Taken by Ezalc. 11 entrants total.

t1404883708z1.png

Yes, I posted a review in the old thread. Here, I'll repost it:

This is a very intriguing adventure game. As the Ai of a suit whose human occupant is unconscious, you must explore the facility where you crash landed and try to find the medical aid needed to save your pilot.

I think the developers did an excellent job with the lighting in this game. The environment is very dark and lit only by the glow of mainframe monitors, a few service lights, some malfunctioning machinery, and the Dead Space-ish glow of your suit's helmet, and serves to enhance the tense atmosphere well. The puzzles are not too difficult, and many of the solutions were rather 'clever.' I think the voice acting is excellent, especially that of ARID, the AI of the suit whom you are controlling. I thought the plot was very interesting. Much of it explores the idea of Artificial Intelligence and the functions and programming they are bound to. I must admit, everything that happened in the end game was fascinating, though I will avoid spoilers and leave it at that. It did raise a few questions that will be addressed in the future sequels.

The only negative thing I found with this game was the controls. A core mechanic of the game involves using a flashlight mounted on your firearm to examine the environment for clues and puzzle solutions, but sometimes it was difficult/impossible to face left or right. This happened a few times, and I was locked into facing one direction and unable to turn myself around. I was able to resolve this problem by unplugging my mouse and plugging it back in. I hope the devs can address this problem soon. Otherwise, I found the controls to be fine.

Over The MoonGames did an excellent job with this game. It is part one of a planned trilogy, and I look forward to playing the next two games and learning more about the universe The Fall is set in and solving even more clever puzzles.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Actually enjoyed it more in the second half.

I liked the flashback scenes and the general mother/daughter dynamic between Eleanor and Clara, but the relationship between Eleanor and Frank just wasn't interesting in the slightest. I realise Jordan didn't want to make another Interview with the Vampire, but he really missed the mark here.

I need these key prices to drop, $2.54 for a TF2 key? They must be out of their damn minds.

Supply is low for some reason.

Is there a reason why Pro evolution soccer '13/'14 isn't sold on steam for me in estonia?

There's really no reason other than "Because Konami".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom