• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

maneil99

I have a question guys; how do you cancel or decline a trade offer on Steam for an item you don't have anymore? Someone send me an offer for a Summer Sale card a while back, but I don't have it anymore and have no idea how to decline it.

Try accepting

Hugstable

Banned
Ohh that's nice, since it needs more exposure. I hope they give out the pro tip of muting the annoying voices.

LOL it's not like you have time to actually read the subtitles anyway with all the shit being thrown at you. I just tuned it out most of the time and kept shooting. Great to see it getting some bigger exposure.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Ohh that's nice, since it needs more exposure. I hope they give out the pro tip of muting the annoying voices.

wait a second... what happened to your shady avatar?

Tektonic

GFsU0tt.png

come on, just let me play it already!

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
How is Abyss Odyssey? The trailer looks alright, but I'm not sold. :/

To copy Pewdiepie is to sell your soul. :X

Gotta wait for the 15th to actually tell. It looks promising and if anything I can play Vs with some friends.

Also in order to sell your soul you must have a soul. :)

Mokoi

Banned
LOL it's not like you have time to actually read the subtitles anyway with all the shit being thrown at you. I just tuned it out most of the time and kept shooting. Great to see it getting some bigger exposure.

You just have to be used to reading subbs, and playing at the same time. Watching the animu helps with that.

wait a second... what happened to your shady avatar?

What shady avatar?

Gotta wait for the 15th to actually tell. It looks promising and if anything I can play Vs with some friends.

Also in order to sell your soul you must have a soul. :)

I hope it's good. I mean I purchased it after all the hype you were giving it. Prepare to be blamed if it sucks :p

eek5

Damn, nice. I thought Mars ran out of money or something because I went on a cold streak but I won 3 in a row the least 3 nights! :)

Ventara

I've got the same problem.

There is a notification just permanently attached to my account for the trade offer, but the offer itself has expired...

Are we doomed to forever have a trade notification? It should have just automatically declined once I didn't have the item. This sucks.

guys, I haven't even beaten Mirror's Edge and I already want the sequel lol. I feel for the people who beat the game when it came out and have been waiting years for a sequel
But Suntan Lotion is standard in SB.

you're always away on steam :( get on that shit son!

Dingotech

Are we doomed to forever have a trade notification? It should have just automatically declined once I didn't have the item. This sucks.

From my brief googling of the problem people seemed to imply that it would go away eventually when steam cleared the trade.

I've got no idea if that's true and if so how long it could take.

Mine happened during the summer sale and the deal was expired before I even got to view it...

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I hope it's good. I mean I purchased it after all the hype you were giving it. Prepare to be blamed if it sucks :p

If it sucks I laugh at the many people who I manipulated to buy a sucky game and if its good I´ll celebrate that the game its good and people are having fun. I win anyways. :3

Ozium

If it sucks I laugh at the many people who I manipulated to buy a sucky game and if its good I´ll celebrate that the game its good and people are having fun. I win anyways. :3

how can it suck? it's basically smash bros adventure mode w/ procedural generation and rougelike elements made by bACE team.

Ventara

If you know the person, have them send you a new offer that you can decline. Or send them one and have them decline.

You mean an offer completely separate from this one? Or do you mean make a counteroffer of some sort?

From my brief googling of the problem people seemed to imply that it would go away eventually when steam cleared the trade.

I've got no idea if that's true and if so how long it could take.

Mine happened during the summer sale and the deal was expired before I even got to view it...

Ah, okay. I guess I can wait.

You mean an offer completely separate from this one? Or do you mean make a counteroffer of some sort?

Ah, okay. I guess I can wait.

Either way, doesn't matter. You no longer have the card, so the trade is invalid. However, if you send another trade, it somehow makes the system realize the old trade should be cleared faster I think? It worked for me during the summer sale.

topyy

They didnt make The Darkness 1

I'll trade you Rage for Senior Status

The Darkness 2 and BioShock will become Perfect World's The Darkness 2 and BioShock,
and 2K is crazy,throw them to a bundle Tier 1.

oh BioShock is not 100% owned by Digital Extremes.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
:O
Get 1K now before a removed/added F2P or free weekend screws up the counter :p

my game count is fucked and i have no idea if I actually lost a game or is just bugged (not using the beta client either)
It can be weird, the only one I truly trust is the counter in the client (at this moment the one in the profile is correct too in a way, since it's adding up both games and software like 3D Mark).

Neat, maybe I'll simply walk into Mordor.

feliz cumple araceli

this way i never forget
LOL
And I wonder what other nice things you have written :p

Bad Rats is a rite of passage.

Also, happy birthday Rio.
Eh, it was way back when you used to get the gift and by the time you were able to see what it was you couldn't decline it or anything XD

Confession Time: I rarely play multiplayer games cause I have low tolerance for bullshit.
I don't like playing MP games with randoms for the same reason.
This, I like MP games, but with friends or people I know, randoms is a no-no.

Telltale games have taken a massive dive in stability and reliability since Jurassic Park on all platforms.
JP was quite buggy and broken, the QTEs were the least of its problems.

The Winter Sale thread this year might be crazy if we keep up this trajectory.

Either that or we'll all be poor by then.
Poor, definitely.

13 or 13.5
Nice, I'll have to consider it if I don't win the raffle.

Of all games on steam what game does SteamGaf want the most for a giveaway?
Besides Bad Rats, it's Day One: Gary's Incident or Revelations 2012, easily.
Witcher 3 seems like it

Current Dunder prices in case people were wondering.

j18AUQwwLhAQe.PNG
Hah, I was looking for this, thanks :D

Huh didn't even notice this was a new thread already. Moving fast for summer.

I'm torn on the 2k Bundle. I've played a lot of those on consoles, but I love to collect shit on Steam
I think at this point the libraries of most of the posters in these topics have a lot of double/multiple dipping.
RE4 will be 4th dip, halp

Skipping the last few pages, cause I'm lazy and don't want to read 300+ posts.

What'd I miss, besides Salsa being @ 999 games, loving his 3DS, and telling us that we're not his friends?
Lazy indeed :p

Has anyone ever actually beaten bad rats? dat ending twist...

I've never even played Bad Rats...
Zeliard is the one that I know played quite a bit of it, some impression are buried somewhere in one of the Summer Seal threads.

Giveaway over

Jesse Ventara won, gonna have to do a better one in the morning

alg-trutv-jesse-ventura-jpg.jpg

Edit: 7 fucking minutes is all it lasted...
Heh, that was real fast, didn't even got to see the original post XD

GoT will be the game Telltale half asses, making it one of the worst games they've ever made, while Tales from the Blands will be widely regarded as one of the best video games of all time.

Believe
Just to spite morningbus yes?

Well, if they are ripping off shit, very unlikely to not be shit as well.

Ventara

Either way, doesn't matter. You no longer have the card, so the trade is invalid. However, if you send another trade, it somehow makes the system realize the old trade should be cleared faster I think? It worked for me during the summer sale.

I see. I don't see a counteroffer option, so I guess that leaves making a new offer. I don't know the guy, though, so I think I'll just wait for it to clear itself. Thanks for the info, though. Might come in handy in the future.

Hugstable

Banned
it be great if your entire library was just unreleased games... look at all my .... oh. :(

lol thankfully my library only consists of two unreleased so far, Witcher 3 and Abyss Odyssey. Thankfully neither is gonna be future backlog as I'm gonna play both when they release. Plus I really want to play Divinity after Dark Souls 1 and 2. Some many RPG, not enough Summer :(

I'm little on the late side, but I gotta say... State of Decay is a really fun game.

Once you get past the Jankyness of the port and the terrible lack of tutorial "what? Resources that are over your capacity don't survive the night?", it becomes a really nice resource management game.

I re-started it three times: Two because I didn't learn mechanics the first two and a third because... well, Marcus died... :(

On the last restart though, I already gained enough knowledge on the game's mechanics that I had nothing but fun playing it. It was a great "one more mission" type of game, where 4 hours would go by and I wouldn't notice.

As I was telling a game, this game would benefit greatly from Steam Workshop support. Not for stupid "cheat" mods, but for more things to do in the game. For instance: There's an airplane that crashed in the middle of the map. Not only the game never triggers you to go there (It didn't on my playthrough), so I decided to go there by myself and... there was nothing there, other than a small stash of food, the most common material in the game.

Workshop integration could allow people to make quest lines into interesting places, like the airplane. The
"go back to the lake and get a memento from my dad"
mission was alright and the game would benefit from more missions like that. Variety in the random missions ("A friend needs help!" or "let's kill one freak!") would also go a long way.

I already finished the main game, so here's hoping for the first DLC. IT was also 75% off and I didn't start playing it yet.

Drizzle Speaks the truth. State of Decay, despite its flaws and annoying bugs, is a fantastic game. I've gone through it once after...8 restarts (5 of those times, marcus died :( ) it was mostly smooth sailing the entire way through. I managed to always keep my supplies topped off, and I always had ample ammunition when the situation called for it. Once you get the mojo flowing headshots wise, a horde is nothing. My only weakness was running over zombies. My complete game had cars smoking and damaged everywhere. On my second playthrough, I'm gonna go hog wild with ammo capacity mods. I just wanna lay waste to everything that moves this time around.

Shengar

Banished is very good. For me it feels like the mixture of Sim City and Black and White. There are some minor tidbits that itch my annoyance like the lack of children models, but considering that this is literally developed by a single person, I could understand. Will the developer recruit other person into his studio for future project? I hope so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom