• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

Went to sleep after staying up all night to watch dat SMASH hype video and I awake to find out BLOOD is coming to Steam?

praise the sun!

in other news I'm having a lot of fun with Ys 1, not sure why people said it isn't that good.. simple yes, but it's fun.

If you're liking 1, you're going to love 2.

Knurek

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Knurek, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dysan the Shapeshifter -- MB-3FA4D5568F1ABB46 - Taken by Daedalos42. 5 entrants total.
One Finger Death Punch -- MB-78F218CCFBA7953D - Taken by CrunchyFrog. 12 entrants total.
Ichi -- MB-5660FA5539F66935 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 6 entrants total.

t1405389392z1.png

Two great games, one that seems to be worse than Rad Bats.
Ask yourself, can the first game really be Dysan? Or is it something more amazing?

ModBot said:
Instructions for Chairmanchuck:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Chairmanchuck, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

One Finger Death Punch -- MB-5E45DBB9453E00EA - Taken by 73V3N
Ichi -- MB-002EB9AFCD3F4EF3 - Taken by KenOD
Rhythm Destruction -- MB-64859022CEF8F2F7 - Taken by Volcynika

Have fun.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Looks like Steam updated their auto-complete search function to show publishers as results too (this is the source of the error in nbnt's giveaway; he tried to give away a game that had a publisher in the search results and modbot was like "i don't know how to deal with this mang"). Problem fixed. The auto-complete box is also prettier now and uses the blue-grey gradient like most of Valve's recent design stuff.

Example code:
http://store.steampowered.com/search/suggest?term=4PM&f=games&cc=us&l=english&v=262171
(this is not a page you're ordinarily supposed to see, it's what gets called when you type a search into the box and it auto-completes)

Or if you want an example search, just type "Number None" in the search box and watch the autocomplete.

Altazor

I missed out on the Witcher 3 regionlocking thingie but I'm not that bummed about it... I think my current PC is pretty much unable to run that game. And I don't have money right now to buy games. I hope this'll be remedied soon.

liezryou

Eh, I really doubt regional trading is so widespread that it makes a large impact on their sales, I imagine most people just wouldn't buy the game at all if they couldn't get it for a cheap price.

Actually it does, I can't find it but valve has said before russia is their biggest market.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Actually it does, I can't find it but valve has said before russia is their biggest market.

That's not even remotely true.

irl3Ba4.jpg

(2014)

It's their biggest growing market, but that's as more about Steam being in Russia and F2P games taking off than international trading.

Articalys

Huh, I'd figured that North America didn't exactly have a huge majority of the market over everyone else, but I didn't know it was almost tied with Western Europe.

Vibranium

Banned
Got back to playing the Blackwell series now that I've returned from vacation- it's super awesome and Dave Gilbert is great (gonna play Epiphany when it's cheaper). If Rosa was real I would definitely be a close friend as we share a lot of similarities, though I wish I could speak to the dead and have Joey to save my ass.

Mono

Got back to playing the Blackwell series now that I've returned from vacation- it's super awesome and Dave Gilbert is great (gonna play Epiphany when it's cheaper). If Rosa was real I would definitely be a close friend as we share a lot of similarities, though I wish I could speak to the dead and have Joey to save my ass.

Dave Gilbert is one of my favorite devs! I'm replaying the Blackwell games to listen to his commentary tracks, which are excellent as well. Pro Tip: Always look him up in game on the phonebook/computer/smart phone.

Which game are you on?

Shadownet

Banned
Ditto for me too, got 23 friends in the group, all away or playing games so I don't want to interrupt them. Especially Huggy playing Dark Souls, don't want to cause him to die :p

Really? I bug him all the time.

Hi
Huggie?
how are you?
You busy?
Hey..
Listen.
Hey!
LISTEN!
I need to talk to you.
are you there?
Do you wanna play Payday 2?

*poke*

Caerith

Caerith's scathing review of Sakura Spirit is good.

I aren't trying to sound like a bone idly boy, but !'m standing by my opinion on what I found to be an stupid game and wanted to write that up for others their sake. The lack of polish could Imost give you a stomache if you'll tolerance for typos was low, but in the meanwhile someone might laugh until their longs hurt.

Mono

You guys are making me sad that I spent my last $10 on Mass Effect 1 & 2! Abyss Odyssey looks amazing; I can't wait to play it! I really like the idea of a platformer with good fighting mechanics rather than just slashing up the enemy in two hits.

liezryou

Must have been growing market, my bad.

Also nobody talked about this but red solstice's price (at least 4 pack) went up quite a bit. Luckily i was able to snag a few 4 pack copies for 8 keys a piece (price is now 11-1.5). If anyone wants to split - 2 keys each.

EDIT: Found what i misremembered:
“Russia now outside of Germany is our largest continental European market,” Newell was quoted as saying on Geekwire.

Toki767

You guys are making me sad that I spent my last $10 on Mass Effect 1 & 2! Abyss Odyssey looks amazing; I can't wait to play it! I really like the idea of a platformer with good fighting mechanics rather than just slashing up the enemy in two hits.

Just wait for the Winter Sale. :p

Right? Why is that not even a common thing?

Jawmuncher

I'm done with Rise of the Triad.
Not even the cheats were making it fun. I'm not a fan of that old school style while trying to modernize it but not really.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

You could always idle for those Bad Rats cards :p

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
any word on Shantae's price tomorow, or better yet, was it in any
greenlight
bundle before?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
That's definitely going to be my first winter sale grab!

Seriously. I can't think of any other game that does that.

And sell those precious gems for game money!?

Omg, I forgot Bad Rats has cards!

Spend those 10 you would use on a meal on Abyss.

#AbyssArmy

Lain

Grabbed the Indiegala Firday 4 twice for for more than 1.99$ each time and only got the base tier. I'm guessing the page is showing the wrong price to beat. I hope they'll fix my problem tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom