• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tellaerin

Any puzzle fans looking forward to this game? I made this little write up to see if it'll interest anyone else on it. The creators of the serious sam series is making this by the way on an upgraded engine.

This sounds really intriguing. It's kind of bizarre to see something like this from Croteam, though. If I didn't know better I'd say that they were deliberately developing this game just to screw with morningbus' head. >.>

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Any puzzle fans looking forward to this game? I made this little write up to see if it'll interest anyone else on it. The creators of the serious sam series is making this by the way on an upgraded engine.

"The Talos Principle is a philosophical first-person puzzle game from Croteam, the creators of the Serious Sam series"

What

Tom Jubert's involvement has me interested though.

Bleh, I switched back to the beta client tonight because I wanted the organization fix, and a couple of recent free games like Floating Point disappeared from my library again. I guess they haven't fixed that yet.

Any puzzle fans looking forward to this game? I made this little write up to see if it'll interest anyone else on it. The creators of the serious sam series is making this by the way on an upgraded engine. Yes the people who made the most mindless fps game about shooting a million things in a million pieces is now making a '2deep4u' game, enjoy :D

I hadn't heard about it until E3, looks pretty fascinating.

maneil99

Any puzzle fans looking forward to this game? I made this little write up to see if it'll interest anyone else on it. The creators of the serious sam series is making this by the way on an upgraded engine. Yes the people who made the most mindless fps game about shooting a million things in a million pieces is now making a '2deep4u' game, enjoy :D

4903376281.jpg

Some barebones gameplay vids:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6Edwcn469M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KLlFqWlt4M

E3 gameplay made me think it was SS3, alot of the same assets, not sure if they were placeholders

No. Last post on the last page.

Anyone would gift me Deponia? I would pay the key back if I get enough money with some Steamcards. Should be maybe in 2-3 weeks, considering the rate I get new cards through bundlegames :D
Would be nice~

maneil99

No. Last post on the last page.

Anyone would gift me Deponia? I would pay the key back if I get enough money with some Steamcards. Should be maybe in 2-3 weeks, considering the rate I get new cards through bundlegames :D
Would be nice~

If nobody does I'll do it tomorrow. I won't have enough keys left to get anything I want anyways lol. Stupid Gaffers and their stupid google search

Scythian

4903376281.jpg

Looks interesting! I love puzzle games and philosophy is right up my alley, so it looks like I might enjoy this if it's as thought-provoking as it sounds.

On another note, I just spent 2 hours playing Killing Floor, and would play more if I hadn't looked at the clock and realized it was 1:30 am. Welp.

If nobody does I'll do it tomorrow. I won't have enough keys left to get anything I want anyways lol. Stupid Gaffers and their stupid google search

Thats nice of you. I would do it myself, but I just have 80 euro-cent in my Steamwallet now and wouldnt want to charge 5€ for just 1 key.

i got you mate

Thanks Shadownet. You should soon get an own tag :D
I will pay you back as soon as I can :)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
what day is it?

killer is dead day

I need to get back to that. I liked the first few levels but then all of a sudden challenge levels and girlfriend levels opened up, and I had to buy gifts, and It was all just a bit much and I stopped. Aparently I can skip all that and just stick with the main story and be fine tho

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Man. The level editor/level sharing feature in Broforce is probably the best thing the devs could have possibly done. Without it, the game probably wouldn't be worth the price they're asking for early access. With it, it's worth at least twice that. Already there's a huge amount of really great, fun levels available, and that number is obviously only going to grow as time goes on. Such a great feature.

maneil99

I'm gonna shitpost myself to the top of that Wall of Shame

Man. The level editor/level sharing feature in Broforce is probably the best thing the devs could have possibly done. Without it, the game probably wouldn't be worth the price they're asking for early access. With it, it's worth at least twice that. Already there's a huge amount of really great, fun levels available, and that number is obviously only going to grow as time goes on. Such a great feature.

Aaaaand now I want it, Xenonauts, Insurgancy, Broforce and Advanced Warfare. My life will be complete... just need a new job. Is it true the game's only 2 hours? How's playability. I don't wanna play one level every month that they add and be done with it.

I need to get back to that. I liked the first few levels but then all of a sudden challenge levels and girlfriend levels opened up, and I had to buy gifts, and It was all just a bit much and I stopped. Aparently I can skip all that and just stick with the main story and be fine tho

I was bummed when I saw that you need to finish the sidequests on AAA rank to get the optinal costumes for the waifus.

Beelzebubs

So started hammering TF2 recently to try and get into Steam Trading. Just posted my first trade on TF2 outpost... is this the kind of bullshit I'll have to deal with?

6Ew008H.png

Every game needs a level editor.

People are creative.

Imagine Blood Money with a level editor.

So started hammering TF2 recently to try and get into Steam Trading. Just posted my first trade on TF2 outpost... is this the kind of bullshit I'll have to deal with?

6Ew008H.png

If you post that you are looking for sth. such people will add you.

If you add the traders, such thing normally shouldnt happen. A lot of scammers add me when I am looking for something on Steamtrades. Always have fun with them by wasting their time and saying shit like "This doesnt work.", "I clicked it but nothing happened."

What I was wondering though is, the steamcumumnity links... What are they for? I saw people from all different countries using this tactics. Even talked to some chinese one trying to make me click it.

maneil99

6Ew008H.png

What do you mean hammering :p I've actually never created a post on TF2Oupost, have done like 300 trades, only use the search :p

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I'm gonna shitpost myself to the top of that Wall of Shame

Please don't.

6Ew008H.png

Yes, but don't worry. As long as you have Steam Guard, you'll be fine.

Every time improve protection Steam Guard.

It was a joke!

I hope so >_>

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently it wasn't killer is dead day at all. :( crash

Is it my good old 32-bit Win7 os that is finally biting me in the ass?

If so it could just be reinstall os-day, which sound much, much more boring :/

Shadownet

Banned
This guy has his url posted on tf2outpost. Trade

But he doesn't seem to have the Complete Journey, just the trilogy. Are they the same?

yeah im wondering about that too. if trilogy is the same thing as complete journey.

btw Ventara. dont get yours. i heard your copy is a lemon...

just dont get it.

Beelzebubs

If you post that you are looking for sth. such people will add you.

If you add the traders, such thing normally shouldnt happen.

What do you mean hammering :p I've actually never created a post on TF2Oupost, have done like 300 trades, only use the search :p

Very new to all this trading stuff so trying to not do stupid stuff with it. By hammering I mean I'm playing a lot and making sure I get all the weekly drops I can to craft into refined metal to buy keys etc.

I'll learn slowly.

http://i.imgur.com/6Ew008H.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Yup. I get around 4-5 of those a day. Whenever you block one, two will take its place and annoy you or someone else. Apparently enough people are still falling for it a lot for this type of phishing method to be used so frequently.

Ventara

yeah im wondering about that too. if trilogy is the same thing as complete journey.

btw Ventara. dont get yours. i heard your copy is a lemon...

just dont get it.

No, YOU shouldn't get the game! I heard they were planning to scam you! In fact, don't get anything this month!

How many keys does the Deponia collection usually go for?

I got mine for 1 key plus a $0.20 card.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

6Ew008H.png

all my trades with non gaffers went exactly the same:

me: hey mate
him (or her I dunno): hello
me: I saw on tf2outpost you have X game for Y keys
him/her: yup
me: I would like one please

thats it

Shadownet

Banned
Thats nice of you. I would do it myself, but I just have 80 euro-cent in my Steamwallet now and wouldnt want to charge 5€ for just 1 key.

Thanks Shadownet. You should soon get an own tag :D
I will pay you back as soon as I can :)

Dont worry about it Chuck. this one is on me :)

No, YOU shouldn't get the game! I heard they were planning to scam you! In fact, don't get anything this month!

I got mine for 1 key plus a $0.20 card.

too late :p i beat you to it

Deques

How many keys does the Deponia collection usually go for?

Most traders sell it for 2 keys. But I was lucky to find a trader who sold it for 1 key

all my trades with non gaffers went exactly the same:

me: hey mate
him (or her I dunno): hello
me: I saw on tf2outpost you have X game for Y keys
him/her: yup
me: I would like one please

thats it

My discussion is shorter

Trader: Hi
Me: Hi, i want x game
Trader: y keys
Me: Ok
*Trade*
Me: Thanks
Trader: Thanks

Ok, it wasn't that much shorter

I realize it's a scam, but I always get those random "my friend" messages - what's the scam? If a trade is initiated, you still have to accept it, right?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I realize it's a scam, but I always get those random "my friend" messages - what's the scam? If a trade is initiated, you still have to accept it, right?

That scam in particular links to a phishing site. In other words, bad things will happen to your account, including account hijacking.

It doesn't actually got to the Steam website its steamcomm
n
unity.com, it's a scam site, you log in and they steal your account info.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Aaaaand now I want it, Xenonauts, Insurgancy, Broforce and Advanced Warfare. My life will be complete... just need a new job. Is it true the game's only 2 hours? How's playability. I don't wanna play one level every month that they add and be done with it.

Well, like I said, the game's in Early Access right now. The campaign is currently pretty short, but again as I said, the community created levels are REALLY good and add a ton of life to the game. And the core game mechanics are so good that replaying the campaign levels is really fun too. Really, no reason not to get it.

Garcia

I won my first Moonbase Alpha game, LOL. Trying to fix a solar panel while you're basically laughing your ass off is one of the most extreme tasks I've encountered in gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom