• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
People talk about "waifu" games, but I'm amazed there isn't actually a Wife-carrying based game on Steam yet. It's a very silly sport and that's perfect for Steam Greenlight.
----------------------------------------------

Build a Microids Adventure Bundle 2. $1 minimum, $5 recommended, worth $50 for standard price of the games all together, give or take.
http://groupees.com/microids2

Dracula: The Resurrection
Dracula 2: The Last Sanctuary
Dracula 3: The Path of the Dragon
Dracula 4 and 5 - Special Steam Edition
Atlantis 2: Beyond Atlantis (GOG)
Atlantis 3: The New World (GOG)
Dragon Lore: The Legend Begins (GOG)
Iron Storm

Dream Chamber to be added once 2.000 bundles are sold.

I won my first Moonbase Alpha game, LOL. Trying to fix a solar panel while you're basically laughing your ass off is one of the most extreme tasks I've encountered in gaming.

Every game I start in that begins with everyone trying to repair the moonbase and in 15 minutes it turns into everyone talking the dumbest shit with the text to speech and doing jumps in the rover.

Levyne

Banned
I had never heard of steam commnunity or whatever the misspelling is. Something to keep an eye out for I guess. Luckily I don't think I've ever had anyone random message me anything and my trades have been polite affairs.

Beelzebubs

Heh I though bollocks to it and bought a Stockpile key to use on a crate. Bad idea I know but was feeling lucky. Got a Mercs mohawk, looks like I'll roughly break even on reclaimed I think probably lose a little but meh.

I really should leave the TF2 market alone, don't think I'm dedicated enough to actually do anything with it.

maneil99

Heh I though bollocks to it and bought a Stockpile key to use on a crate. Bad idea I know but was feeling lucky. Got a Mercs mohawk, looks like I'll roughly break even on reclaimed I think probably lose a little but meh.

I really should leave the TF2 market alone, don't think I'm dedicated enough to actually do anything with it.

The key to making money on the TF2 market is to never open crates. You find people who opened crates and got shitty items, by those items for slightly lower then market value and hope you can turn a profit out of it

Shadownet

Banned
by the way, Ikkyu on Steam. he's selling TF2 keys for $1.95 each. which is honestly the cheaper i've ever seen personally. Add him if you want, tell him I sent you :p

wagamer

Any puzzle fans looking forward to this game? I made this little write up to see if it'll interest anyone else on it. The creators of the serious sam series is making this by the way on an upgraded engine. Yes the people who made the most mindless fps game about shooting a million things in a million pieces is now making a '2deep4u' game, enjoy :D

Definitely going to keep this on my radar, thanks for the info!

So started hammering TF2 recently to try and get into Steam Trading. Just posted my first trade on TF2 outpost... is this the kind of bullshit I'll have to deal with?

Yeah has happened to me too several times, they seem to have some bot to track new TF2Outpost trades (or trade bumps). I've usually gotten them literally a second after posting a trade.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Build a Microids Adventure Bundle 2. $1 minimum, $5 recommended, worth $50 for standard price of the games all together, give or take.

Iron Storm

Probably a silly question, but are the Dracula games as bad as their Steam page comments make them out to be?

maneil99

by the way, Ikkyu on Steam. he's selling TF2 keys for $1.95 each. which is honestly the cheaper i've ever seen personally. Add him if you want, tell him I sent you :p

I wish there was a way to get keys for a decent price now on steam, I normally use PP but have to make due with Steam Wallet, no idea why key prices raised from 2.30~ -> 2.50+

Beelzebubs

The key to making money on the TF2 market is to never open crates. You find people who opened crates and got shitty items, by those items for slightly lower then market value and hope you can turn a profit out of it

Oh I know it's a bad idea, was just bored. Market price is around 7 refs so can probably get a key back for it.

JustLynx

only 3 people entered Bad Rats? shame on the rest of you all.

At this point Shadow of Mordor holds more intrigue since we don't know much about the game compared to the Witcher 3. it might be amazing or it might sucks real bad. Witcher 3 seem solid for GOTY nominee though.

From the gameplay it looks pretty promising, but yeah, we'll have to wait and see

Ventara

Post his profile. There are a ton of Ikkyus on Steam. I want to get in on that $1.95/key.

Anustart

In a true display of SteamGAF, I started up guacamelee for the first time then promptly quit and went back to playing nothing.

Elija2

It doesn't actually got to the Steam website its steamcomm
n
unity.com, it's a scam site, you log in and they steal your account info.

It makes me wonder why Steam Chat doesn't have a built-in block for this kind of stuff. Like if someone messages you with a stearncommunity link it would give a warning saying "This is a proven phishing site. Do not click."

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Just got a booster pack for Mechanic Escape..

do I open it or sell it

#yolo

Always live life on the edge™ and open boosters for a chance at that sweet foil money.

Guessing the Dracula games are that bad then. Skipping this bundle, at least I'll save $2.

People talk about "waifu" games, but I'm amazed there isn't actually a Wife-carrying based game on Steam yet. It's a very silly sport and that's perfect for Steam Greenlight.
----------------------------------------------

Iron Storm

Awesome, too bad there's no Atlantis 1 :(

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Of course you guys should be careful of scam sites, though sure most of you are.

And not even scam sites, be careful of just annoying begging users. I've had people add me just to bug me for some game I have in my inventory or to buy me something, and even some person trying to tell me they were a 20-something girl who'd send me nude pictures of herself if I got her a game. Most recently I had someone who kept on using that annoying cal function on Steam to ring up my Steam to try and get my attention.

Beggars and scammers aren't very hard to deal with, but do be careful with links and people you don't know on Steam, of course.

BHK3

Banned
It makes me wonder why Steam Chat doesn't have a built-in block for this kind of stuff. Like if someone messages you with a stearncommunity link it would give a warning saying "This is a proven phishing site. Do not click."

No need, steam already added a global warning for ANY link saying you are being taken to a non steam official site.

maneil99

Of course you guys should be careful of scam sites, though sure most of you are.

And not even scam sites, be careful of just annoying begging users. I've had people add me just to bug me for some game I have in my inventory or to buy me something, and even some person trying to tell me they were a 20-something girl who'd send me nude pictures of herself if I got her a game. Most recently I had someone who kept on using that annoying cal function on Steam to ring up my Steam to try and get my attention.

Beggars and scammers aren't very hard to deal with, but do be careful with links and people you don't know on Steam, of course.

Don't be afraid to say no or fuck off.

Toki767

This is kind of why I only really deal with Dunder. He's like super hassle free and he's a cool guy in general on Steam and on GAF.

Jadax

So started hammering TF2 recently to try and get into Steam Trading. Just posted my first trade on TF2 outpost... is this the kind of bullshit I'll have to deal with?

6Ew008H.png

This is not even half of my blocked list. 99% of them are scammers. Welcome to tf2op.

IvZgWAs.jpg

Deques

You must be popular among girls who want to send you nude pics of them :)

This is kind of why I only really deal with Dunder. He's like super hassle free and he's a cool guy in general on Steam and on GAF.

Ditto on that. Dunder is great.

Luckily, I haven't bit hit with PMs from various sellers and I try to stay far away from TF2 outpost. I only had one transaction there and that was for Valiant Hearts.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Don't be afraid to say no or fuck off.

Yup, how I roll, be blunt about it and just block them if they try and continue.

The flip side to this is there are some fantastic people to deal with, or just have on Steam as friends. Something I often do when I get invites from people I know (which is often as YouTube and posting places) is check to see if they're friends with other people I know, and if they're part of a group, like the NeoGAF group.

Btw, if you use this topic regularly, I suggest joining the NeoGAF group, if only to make it known you're a NeoGAF user. Anyone here can invite you, and its a helpful little tool to identify GAF'ers.

That obviously must be it.

If only they ever delivered!

I can say I've had exactly one issue with a scammer/beggar before, but that was back when I first started my Steam account. No issues since then. If someone who I have absolutely no mutual friends or groups with sends me a friend request, and I haven't played something with them recently or something? ignored.

Arthea

Any puzzle fans looking forward to this game? I made this little write up to see if it'll interest anyone else on it. The creators of the serious sam series is making this by the way on an upgraded engine. Yes the people who made the most mindless fps game about shooting a million things in a million pieces is now making a '2deep4u' game, enjoy :D

Talos principle.jpg

Ya, I have it on my whishlist from the moment it appeared. The concept itself sounds great. I hope that a game will be good too.

edited: Dracula bundle bought. I missed bundles where we can pick games, thankfully we have them back, it seems.

Toki767

The flip side to this is there are some fantastic people to deal with, or just have on Steam as friends. Something I often do when I get invites from people I know (which is often as YouTube and posting places) is check to see if they're friends with other people I know, and if they're part of a group, like the NeoGAF group.

Btw, if you use this topic regularly, I suggest joining the NeoGAF group, if only to make it known you're a NeoGAF user. Anyone here can invite you, and its a helpful little tool to identify GAF'ers.

Already in the group and we're already Steam friends. :p

Kanokare

That GAF CS:GO competitive match we had, I'm gonna upload the 2nd one. I think that one we did better. Cough.

I gotta set up my recording better. Something in game was doing a feed back that I need to fix. Just a good test of the shadowplay haha. I also got a skype call mid game so yeah...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
all these ghost messages from offline people when I get home are fucking creepy

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Probably a silly question, but are the Dracula games as bad as their Steam page comments make them out to be?

The first three easily are due to the fact they are incomplete versions of the games and just suffer terribly from it. Missing scenes, missing video, clues required to logically move ahead just gone, rather rubbish.

Dracula 4 and 5 aren't too bad, just a bit outdated in how it's laid out mechanically (bit like playing a tank control survival horror game post RE4 feels outdated), and feel a bit simple compared to the original good versions of the Dracula games.

Quite honestly I would say this bundle is best used to pick up Dragon Lore and the Atlantis titles, with Dracula only there for curiosity sake.

Shadownet

Banned
If only they ever delivered!

I can say I've had exactly one issue with a scammer/beggar before, but that was back when I first started my Steam account. No issues since then. If someone who I have absolutely no mutual friends or groups with sends me a friend request, and I haven't played something with them recently or something? ignored.

yeah i'm pretty lucky that all the traders i came across are legit. the only one i trade with frequently now are

Ikkyu - for keys
Dunder - cheap games
Liezryou - cheap games if Dunder doesn't have them in stock.

That GAF CS:GO competitive match we had, I'm gonna upload the 2nd one. I think that one we did better. Cough.

I gotta set up my recording better. Something in game was doing a feed back that I need to fix. Just a good test of the shadowplay haha. I also got a skype call mid game so yeah...
Just a bit... Shadowplay might not be so bad to record CSGO now that I think about it. Push to talk would be handy for that.
I'd like to see this. I'm sure you wiped the floor with those scrubs. SteamGAF's next stop is MLG right?
We actually did pretty good up until the second half. It was neck and neck most of the time.

I'd like to see this. I'm sure you wiped the floor with those scrubs. SteamGAF's next stop is MLG right?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
o_O

Jeez. Looks like I'll be staying far away from TF2 trade sites.

They're not inherently bad or anything, and you can find some great deals. It's just that there are scams and you've got to be careful and use cautious judgement when it comes to trading sites, like anything else.

The first three easily are due to the fact they are incomplete versions of the games and just suffer terribly from it. Missing scenes, missing video, clues required to logically move ahead just gone, rather rubbish.

Dracula 4 and 5 aren't too bad, just a bit outdated in how it's laid out mechanically (bit like playing a tank control survival horror game post RE4 feels outdated), and feel a bit simple compared to the original good versions of the Dracula games.

Quite honestly I would say this bundle is best used to pick up Dragon Lore and the Atlantis titles, with Dracula only there for curiosity sake.

That's really disappointing to hear.

Might pick up 4&5 along with the Dragon Lore and Atlantis titles later, depending on what the other bonus is.

yeah i'm pretty lucky that all the traders i came across are legit. the only one i trade with frequently now are

Ikkyu - for keys
Dunder - cheap games
Liezryou - cheap games if Dunder doesn't have them in stock.

Tenrius, another Gaffer, is a great trader too, picked up a few games at the Russian prices through him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom