• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoever gets it, Witcher 1 is fantastic. I'm excited to start the second this winter.

I'm glad you said this, because some other recent impressions weren't as favorable. Granted, they were in comparison to Witcher 2, which most seem to agree was far better. I started with 2 but liked it so much that I have picked up the first one and have not gotten the chance yet.

Phinor

Warmachine Tactics early access coming in few hours. It'll be interesting because it's a kickstarter and it's almost on schedule. They had an ambitious plan to release the game a year after the kickstarter. I only pledged for the game so no early access for me but we'll see.

I'm glad you said this, because some other recent impressions weren't as favorable. Granted, they were in comparison to Witcher 2, which most seem to agree was far better. I started with 2 but liked it so much that I have picked up the first one and have not gotten the chance yet.
Well I haven't played the second but the first is a wonderfully written and reactive RPG with one of the coolest worlds/lores I've had the pleasure to play.

The combat is what it is. Quests and writing are unbelievable. Actual thinking and intuition are involved...

DarkMehm

Well I haven't played the second but the first is a wonderfully written and reactive RPG with one of the coolest worlds/lores I've had the pleasure to play.

The combat is what it is. Quests and writing are unbelievable. Actual thinking and intuition are involved...

That's good to hear. I will start playing the Witcher series soon in preparation for the upcoming game.

Parsnip

Didn't have time to play Burial at Sea ep2 yesterday after all, today it is then.

Also, it seems I always miss the best giveaways.
Clearly I should just stop sleeping.

I played the witcher 1 very recently.

Don't bother with it. It's stuff to the gills with backtracking, the battle system is really shallow and not enjoyable, and the pacing is terrible.

Either read a synopsis or watch the official animated summary from CDProject Red. I put 20 hours into it before I just tapped out, whereas I've been hooked to the Witcher 2 and can't wait to finish it.

Morning guys.
Any puzzle fans looking forward to this game?
This looks brilliant! Thanks for making me notice.
I'm working on a new way for ModBot to detect steam game names [...]
- First, I store the name, appid, and price of every single game on Steam by screen scraping Steam's search results one by one.[...]
That's an awful lot of work you take upon yourself.

Also, reasking in hopes JaseC is online and reading:
How can I check which version of a game I have in my library?
Censored/uncensored/standard us or german one?
I got tier 2 humble bundle and redeemed Bioshock 1 but I'd like to check which edition I have.

Has the price to buy your wishlist always been in enhanced steam and I am just now noticing it? Cool feature! Only $298 to buy my wishlist, clearly I am not using it enough

Nzyme32

Could you compare it with the Walking Dead seasons? (to date)

Compared to walking dead season 1:

Wolf among us has shorter episodes, and often less to do in terms of walking around and exploring, solving problems. This is irrelevant however as the wolf among us focuses on the conversations required to explore the characters and the case at hand, after all you are the sheriff. There are also a lot more quick time events, but these are done in a fairly good manner. It rarely feels repetitive and is rarely forced to simply pad the game. The events suit the context.

Compared to walking dead season 2:

Episode lengths are almost identical. And again the same differences of the wolf among us apply versus season 1 of the walking dead.

The mood and setting, characters and interactions you have are what really separate the wolf among us from the walking dead. It could be argued that the tension is somewhat different compared to the walking dead games but that varies throughout the season.

Having now completed the wolf among us, I find it difficult to properly compare it to the walking dead now that I have a better understanding of why they so different. The world you are exploring, the narrative and the characters within it have much more depth due to the investigative nature of the game, it's mood, setting and lore/history, which is also what makes it much more compelling in a lot of areas compared to the walking dead.

I like both games equally, but they are different enough that I can't really choose between them.

Grief.exe

Don't bother with it. It's stuff to the gills with backtracking, the battle system is really shallow and not enjoyable, and the pacing is terrible.

Either read a synopsis or watch the official animated summary from CDProject Red. I put 20 hours into it before I just tapped out, whereas I've been hooked to the Witcher 2 and can't wait to finish it.

Didn't you stop during chapter three? I believe that is when the game picks up. I generally recommend that people tear through the initial chapters.

CDPR needs to improve their early pacing for their third title.

I did and was still a bit confused. Method of payment isn't specified and why are games with white cells listed if you can't comment on them?

method of payment is typically Paypal (unless that changed). White cells are nothing. Green cells identify his current inventory while Red is kind of holding area.

You want to look for Green cells or Red cells without comments.

but....it has nudie cards...

Amzin

I know there were problems with using M&M winnings, has anyone had them no work on Steam? It just says insufficient funds when I try and run it. I can go try amazon or something but I'd rather just get it directly into Steam... if I wait and try again, any chance it'd work? :p

Woo, awesome. I have never liked "realistic" racing games but after binging on all of Top Gear this year I'm pretty psyched for this game. Not enough to invest in a wheel yet but we'll see~ Hope the pre-order hits other places too.

Vlad

The Swapper

p.s. i swapped at the end. did anyone jump?

(more Swapper spoilers)
Yeah, I also swapped the first time around. Made a second runthrough recently to get all the secret rooms and get the other ending, though. I gotta say, the hidden rooms are really the only thing that bugged me about the game. I had absolutely no problem using a a guide for them, as there's no way in a million years I would have found a single one of them. Having to swap through random seemingly-solid walls is just BS design.

Hate the baby. Samson is okay though, I like the rage.

My favourite will always be Cain though.

I find myself always going back to Isaac. The item you eventually unlock for him is just too good.

DogMeat77

I know there were problems with using M&M winnings, has anyone had them no work on Steam? It just says insufficient funds when I try and run it. I can go try amazon or something but I'd rather just get it directly into Steam... if I wait and try again, any chance it'd work? :p

Woo, awesome. I have never liked "realistic" racing games but after binging on all of Top Gear this year I'm pretty psyched for this game. Not enough to invest in a wheel yet but we'll see~ Hope the pre-order hits other places too.

Seems hit or miss for people. I've just been adding M&M cards to paypal and using paypal on Steam and haven't had an issue. Others have had an issue though.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I did and was still a bit confused. Method of payment isn't specified and why are games with white cells listed if you can't comment on them?

Games with no red or green cells typically mean that Dunder is going to get more of that game in at some point, but isn't taking reservations at the moment. Keep checking back for those ones. If there's a red square it means he'll be getting a copy soon and you can reserve yourself one, if there's a green square it means he has a copy now and you can get it immediately. Dunder takes Paypal or TF2 Mann Co keys (1 key = $2 USD).

It's stuff to the gills with backtracking, the battle system is really shallow and not enjoyable, and the pacing is terrible.

I agree the games has problems and can totally understand if people simply can't get into it. It was hard for me aswell. Heck, I dragged my progress over the course of 9 months. Stopped mutliple times because the game felt endless, had no clue what to do, and combat sometimes put me to sleep.
I managed to finish the game and surprisingly I can't wait to start another playthough after I'm done with the Witcher 2. Playing Witcher 2 makes me appreciate the atmosphere and the quests in the first game more, it's weird.

Jawmuncher

I've been thinking of using trainers to get through the first game. Have started it twice and never get very far. Reminds me I need to check if the new translation for book 3 was released yet.

Didn't you stop during chapter three? I believe that is when the game picks up. I generally recommend that people tear through the initial chapters.

CDPR needs to improve their early pacing for their third title.

I did. I had my fill by then and got caught up in a battle that I couldn't finish.

I've moved on to W2 with no regrets. Even at its best, the witcher 1 was a bore for me. I'm about 5 or so hours into W2 and having a heck of a better time with it.

Tizoc

But the sales repeat!

d3036f4a1adfb1c1eaff10e3e9e1ae1e.jpg

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
If there's an error while adding a giveaway right now, it's because I'm deploying the new game name search system. If the key is added properly just ignore the error, if the key is not added, please wait a little bit.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Hopefully Alien Isolation preorders will open up in the next few days now that they announced the bonuses. Will preorder in a heartbeat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom