• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

*obligatory anteater bitches about region lock and fuck you sega/konami post*

221HKIp.jpg

Saty

They did do a followup article a week later.

It takes them months to assemble their data due to the method. They may just be preparing for a new article.
Yeah, meant after the follow-up. If they are building data for another post i would have thought they will make a heads-up about it or say something and not disappear.

Maybe what's more surprising is that no other big site tried to follow their instructions and make one of their own articles. Could it be frowned upon by Valve and other publishers and that's what discouraging them?

Relax.MX

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Relax.MX, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

BioShock -- MB-E457AFB71D7F6414 - Taken by InvisibleStride
t1cxE6r.gif
The Darkness II -- MB-1E33B1C89D47A7E4 - Taken by Bel_Air_Jeff

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 15 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

MbmDY6z.png

t1404921169z1.png

bad rats... here we go....

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (phoenix296, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Bioshock 2 -- MB-27B3D6AC5076D904 - Taken by Relax.MX
Bioshock -- MB-9DC81E137353633D

t1404931421z1.png
Now that mod bot is now awake and so am I...

I want in on the Deponia Collection. I've played about an hour of the first game and I really like it.

Guess I better idle for some cards to sell, cause I only have like $1.30 in steam wallet right now.

There's an interesting article over at thebitpulse.com about the sales impact that an Early Access game receives once it hits Steam.

http://thebitpulse.com/2014/07/crea-proves-that-steam-launches-are-still-powerful/

Bonus points to them for using Enhanced Steam in their primary screenshot.

From the article:

Even though these sales healthily push Crea’s development forward, it’s not quite the success story some indies have faced. Vertigo Games earned $130,000 in 3 months after Cook, Serve, Delicious! was caught in a Steam Flash Sale. Eldritch’s sales skyrocketed after landing on the platform.

Comparing apples and oranges. Cook, Serve, Delicious was a completed product. It's interesting that they don't even consider "some people don't want to buy an unfinished game."

Miletius

Well, TWAU was satisfying. I thought the game was a little on the short side compared to The Walking Dead, but overall I thought that the game was better put together. I think it's a solid pick up if you like Telltale style games.

JakeD

according to steam enchanted getgames has it for $40 and it activates on steam as well. I've never used that site though

greenmangaming also has a code to bring it to $40...doesn't combine with credit though. funny i only have $2 in credit, but $38 is so much more appealing than $40 for some reason. i'll keep an eye out on trading but i think it's a safe bet it will be region locked and ungiftable

Hydra? Now I haven't. I've only been in Darkroot Garden where you fight the Butterfly. I've been down to the starting area of Basin, but haven't actually explored it yet. Same with the Demon Ruins.

You should go find Havel the Rock down in Darkroot Basin for he is your bestest friend you could ever have. He gives you a pretty good ring too.

Before the summer sale, I had around 50 games on my wishlist. Between flash sales and reading the steam thread, I got clued in to a bunch of games that also looked interesting. Now I have 70 games on my wishlist.

Why is this style of marketing so dang effective?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Sooo

Instead of spending my day off playing Killer is Dead, I spent my day installing a new OS (win7 64bit instead of 32) since KiD required it and crashed on start-up.

Fun on the bun

It had to be done at some point. And my computer is so nice and clean on the inside now. And I can finally get some more RAMS since I'm not bound by that silly 4gig limit anymore

wagamer

I won a mystery game! How do I know what it is though? :D Does Steam notify me if I have it already when I enter the key to the library?

And thanks whoever the donator was!

Vlad

So, Hexcells

If you're a fan of Picross or logic games in general, buy Hexcells!

Well, actually, to be more accurate, Buy Hexcells and Hexcells Plus!

Bought both of them during the sale and just finished off Hexcells Plus. Every impression I read about the game beforehand recommended buying both, and they're not lying. Hexcells by itself never really gets going, and in the grand scheme of things, acts as a tutorial. The levels get a bit larger later on, but there's nothing in there that's overly challenging. I ended up beating it in about two hours, entertained but slightly underwhelmed. Figuring that I may as well plow through the other game, I went ahead and installed Plus, expecting to be done with it in a similar fashion.

Final time after beating the final Hexcells Plus puzzle: 13 hours.

So yeah, that's where the challenge is.

yGray

Banned
So excited for Alien Isolation. I'm disappointed that people are upset about it being preorder DLC.

With that said, I'm not entirely sure how I feel about it being a $60 game. How much padding will the story have?

Hugstable

Banned
You should go find Havel the Rock down in Darkroot Basin for he is your bestest friend you could ever have. He gives you a pretty good ring too.

That's the path I plan to take once I'm done playing some Payday 2. Dark Root Basin is really easy to get to anyway haha.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
I wonder how much R* will charge for it. I kind of want the game but at the same time I don't want to pay $50+ for it since its like a year old.

I'm almost certain it'll be $60 ... because why wouldn't they? people are going to buy the hell out of it anyway ...

I found these keys from "my loot" I assume none were taken, but beware, I guess.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

PGP3OVL.png
Torchlight (GoG) -- MB-820C01B95DD6FE3B
Bioshock -- MB-7E5B948CBFA1FB05 - Taken by anastef. 7 entrants total.
Interstellar Marines -- MB-8AFF101C67065DAD - Taken by bluechox2. 6 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Bioshock was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Interstellar Marines was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1404922543z1.png

ev0

Mystery Game #5 was Dungeonland.

I don't know much about it, but will def give it a try now. Thank you modbot and mystery donor!

Turfster

I wonder how much R* will charge for it. I kind of want the game but at the same time I don't want to pay $50+ for it since its like a year old.

Yeah, they're going to try to hit you for all they can, so 60$/€ is a given =p

Hm, is there another way to edit steam wishlist?
It's very slow and a grid view would be comfortable.

You can type a number to replace the current ranking.
You have to save after every one you edit that way tho, iirc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom