• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
2rJbQd7.jpg
Would instabuy :) Goty 2014

I'm too scared to actually win Bad Rats, but the thrill is amazing. Never won one of those giveaways. :(

Bad Rats is the STD of Steam. You get it once and are stuck with it, but at least you get it and deal with having it. And from there you can infect others with it unsuspectingly.

Lomax

Is anyone still winning M&M's money? I'm on a 9 day losing streak, and I'm considering just giving up.

My girlfriend won yesterday for the very first time after two weeks of losing. I haven't won since late June. Of course the card my gf won didn't work, but that seems to vary from person to person. I keep trying though it barely seems worth the disappointment.

High School Dreams is ~80% off now on GMG (0.95€)
http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/de/en/pc/games/simulation/high-school-dreams/

If you want to join the fun

If this was a Steam key you know we'd all be getting it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Is anyone still winning M&M's money? I'm on a 9 day losing streak, and I'm considering just giving up.

Honestly, I've just given up. I've won a total of 3 times, the first being the first day. The first time I won, I had no problems using the card. The second and third times I won (the latest being yesterday) I was given a card with a $0 balance each time.

It's not worth the hassle for me to call their non-toll-free number to try to get the issue resolved, so I've just decided to stop trying.

derbene

Neo Member
Deponia: The Complete Journey sounds interesting, could a fellow GAFer give me a heads up on how (or better: where) to buy TF2-Keys? Besides Ingame and via Steam-Market.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
What is this M and M? I asked it yesterday but no one looks at it :D

Is also a Europe thing?

It's a contest where you text a number and they give you a $6 pre-paid Mastercard if you win. It's US only.

louiedog

"Reap your heart out! We're pleased to announce Grim Fandango will also be available on PC, Mac, and Linux alongside PlayStation 4 and Vita!"

Double Fine just tweeted

Hanzou

Ugh I am really getting bored of the bioshock Infinite combat. Need to finish it though to get to the games I bought in the sale.

Anustart

Anyone got a link to an official Microsoft 360 pad + wireless receiver? Just ordered my new gpu, need a controller!

As much as I would have loved a 4gb 770, I went with a 4gb 760.

kiyomi

Finally built my first PC over Sunday/Monday and thought I'd say hi.

I've amassed a fairly lowly 186 games on Steam in the 2 years I've been using it, and for the most part, I couldn't play any of them on my old Mac. Even TF2 at lowest settings and a very low resolution was unplayable.

Fast forward to the new PC and I'm amazed - I haven't even got my GPU yet and I've been dipping my toes into TF2 and DOTA. I'm a little scared of DOTA, but I want to see what all the fuss is about.

When I get my GPU, what FPS do you think I should try first to get my head around M+K? I've never really played PC games before, so this is all new to me. I've got Half Life, HL2, the Portal games, L4D2, etc, plus the Metro games. Where do I even start? WHAT DO I DO GUYS.

tl;dr completely new to pc gaming it's great but help

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
"Reap your heart out! We're pleased to announce Grim Fandango will also be available on PC, Mac, and Linux alongside PlayStation 4 and Vita!"

Double Fine just tweeted

Good to have it official, but there was little doubt as the backlash this would have caused on the internet would have made the deal a non-starter anyway.

jshackles

Why do they give money away for free, though?
What's the caveat?

You'd be surprised by the power that subliminal cognitive association can have.

I thought I owned Ys Origin on PSP but that only came out on PC? huh. Good timing for this sale too as i'm currently going through Ys II on the Vita.

Can anyone vouch for Ys Origin?

ViviOggi

I've amassed a fairly lowly 186 games on Steam in the 2 years I've been using it, and for the most part, I couldn't play any of them on my old Mac. Even TF2 at lowest settings and a very low resolution was unplayable.

Fast forward to the new PC and I'm amazed - I haven't even got my GPU yet and I've been dipping my toes into TF2 and DOTA. I'm a little scared of DOTA, but I want to see what all the fuss is about.

When I get my GPU, what FPS do you think I should try first to get my head around M+K? I've never really played PC games before, so this is all new to me. I've got Half Life, HL2, the Portal games, L4D2, etc, plus the Metro games. Where do I even start? WHAT DO I DO GUYS.

Dota 2 is the best game ever made but if you ever want to finish those other ones you'd better stay away from it for a while. You should definitely watch The International tournament though, it started yesterday and even has a newbie-friendly stream.

Grief.exe

Congratulations on building your first PC! Hope you get to enjoy everything the platform has to offer!

This thread is a good place to start as far as FPS recommendations.

The-Bean

Portal would be a good start. Slow-paced, but requires some precision in places. Would be a great game to get the hang of keyboard/mouse. Just out of curiosity - what are the specs of your PC?

wetflame

Pizza Dog
So there's a 25% off voucher for Alien Isolation at GMG (ALIENI-SOLATI-ON25PC) but the discount it gives is less than the store credit I have. And they can't be used together. Boo. I'll just get it from Nuuvem
or Russians
Edit: Oh, it's region locked?

louiedog

It looks like the Sony press conference was on June 9th. Maybe they sold a lot of PS4s to PC gamers who desperately wanted Grim Fandango during that month of exclusivity. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom