• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lomax

I really wanted to like Ys:OiF but apparently I just don't have the patience for bosses that require mistake free repetition for prolonged periods of time any more. I should probably go back to it one of these days but I always seem to have something else to play instead.

Shadownet

Banned
Me and huggie about to play Payday 2. anyone wanna join?

Edit: Nevermind. we're starting in an hour when Huggie get back. let me know if you guys wanna play.

Eldritch is really clever, especially with it's destructible environments and vertical levels. At that price it's hard to pass up as it's playable and completely enjoyable.

There are some negatives, it feels shallow for all the interacting mechanics and it gets easy once you find the perfect item build, but it's been months since I played and the dev has been updating it pretty regularly.

I played it for a bit and quite enjoyed what it had to offer.

It's got a nice indie charm about it.

That's a good price for the game.

Great, thanks for the info!

Nabs

I really wanted to like Ys:OiF but apparently I just don't have the patience for bosses that require mistake free repetition for prolonged periods of time any more. I should probably go back to it one of these days but I always seem to have something else to play instead.

If you do go back to it, try to grind out a few levels before retrying that boss. A single level can completely change a boss fight.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
GKfwwb4.jpg

Thanks a lot Shadownet, this was one of the games I wanted the most, after loving the first seasons of both The Walking Dead and Sam & Max. I was waiting for the whole season to be released so I could play it in a single sitting, like I did with TWD S1 (and will do again with the second one).

Now I really need to force myself to stop playing Guild Wars 2, lol

You actually can right now via residualvm, but everyone should buy the shit outta the remaster anyway.
I didn't know this, but as you say, I'm still going to get the remaster. That's a game I wanted to play for a long time, so I can't not buy it.

Shantom

XSEED finally dropped the price of 1&2 to match the price of Oath in Felghana in the UK. Here's an Ys-y way to celebrate that.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Shantom, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Ys I and II Chronicles Plus -- MB-8E21F86C4DEEF45C - Taken by The_Super_Inframan

t1404938623z1.png

Giving away Spec Ops The Line, thanks to extra humble bundle keys.

Registers on steam, enjoy :)

ModBot said:
Instructions for glimmerman:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (glimmerman, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

t1cxE6r.gif
Spec Ops The Line -- MB-DA07078B99367ABB - Taken by Kirosia

And heres a Steam key for The Darkness II, have fun!

ModBot said:
Instructions for glimmerman:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (glimmerman, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

t1cxE6r.gif
The Darkness II -- MB-9D9AA3B1E3FF70FE - Taken by Subject16

Razakin

If someone is still looking for a Bioshock, noone happened to take it from my earlier giveaway.

And damn those Ys puns, if I'd only have extra money I would buy all 3 of them and give them away. Because those are the games that everyone should play, and enjoy the music at least.

Phinor

I'm not sure I want to pay even russian trader price for Alien Isolation. On the other hand if I don't pre-order it, I won't get that damn DLC and I'll just skip the game completely. Wouldn't be the first game I completely skip because of DLC.

I just have a hard time seeing how it's a "full" price game. The gameplay surely gets dull if it's a 10+ hour game and if it's much shorter than that, even the russian price tag is questionable.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I'm not sure I want to pay even russian trader price for Alien Isolation. On the other hand if I don't pre-order it, I won't get that damn DLC and I'll just skip the game completely. Wouldn't be the first game I completely skip because of DLC.

I just have a hard time seeing how it's a "full" price game. The gameplay surely gets dull if it's a 10+ hour game and if it's much shorter than that, even the russian price tag is questionable.
I missed this. How much by russians?

Hugstable just destroyed the purity of my steam library by giving me an unwanted copy of bad rats :( now I have to at least try it out. I'll be back in a few hours to give my review. May god be with me

Tesseract

Banned
has darkout been part of any bundles? really, really wanna play it.

fuck, i should've bought it during the summer sale.

also: are we allowed to trade drm free games among each other here?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
In space, noone can hear you say how fast this thread moves

dkz0s.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rhaknar, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Alien: Isolation -- MB-CA7DEA1F15DA00F8 - Taken by Jawmuncher

t1404939525z1.png

giphy.gif

Anustart

Anyone got a link to an official Microsoft 360 pad + wireless receiver? Just ordered my new gpu, need a controller!

As much as I would have loved a 4gb 770, I went with a 4gb 760.

Anyone? Someone linked me once to it on amazon, but I can't find it again. Seeing plenty of wireless receivers and controllers but none together. I thought the combo pack was cheaper. Needs to be microsoft branded. :( I no find :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom