• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of ports to PC, what I would give for a port of this with online multiplayer...

zBybaYY.jpg

Id prefer it over a mario kart port.

Oh my god YES!
How much I loved that game as a kid.

Lain

I grabbed that Indieroyale Donut Bundle, since I didn't have any of the games and I had 2 of them on my Steam wishlist. I'll give Quest of Dungeons a try.

Jawmuncher

The only good dinosaur game is Dino Crisis 3.

Dino D-Day is actually a better game than Dino Crisis 1 or 2. Maybe better than 3.

You both are the Trex and i'm regina after reading these commments
a9a82b0b868b6252298fb3f261209f90.gif

D': is there any good dino games?

Dino Crisis 1 & 2 (I mean seriously I have it as my avatar for a reason)
Primal Carnage
Turok 2008

Those are my favorites. Jurassic the hunted wasn't too bad as well.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I cant keep up with your generosity man! YOU'RE too good! :D

-----------

Is Alien Isolation supposed to be a good game? GAF got hype for it?

Aye, made by people who generally love the Alien franchise with a mandate of "we can't have another Gearbox situation" by SEGA. What makes it so special though is that it/s a proper survival horror game, where the greater focus is just on that, surviving by running away or hiding and a weapon will only help so much.
Lots of praise have been going to the A.I. of the xenomorph resulting in some very good scare moments.

What little time I had trying out the demo convinced me that whenever I get it, I'm playing it at night with the lights off and the best headphones I can get and recommend to all to do the same.
I love Alien as a movie though so to go to that and live it out is a dream game, so perhaps you should look at the E3 stage demo yourself offered on a variety of sites (I think there was a thread on NeoGAF for it as well).

Do we know if Alien will have OR support at launch?

Nay, it won't. Game is too late into development cycle to do that and they were just testing out the Rift as a prototype when they showed off that demo

D': is there any good dino games?

Nanosaur is a good one for it's time.
Peter Jackson's King Kong: The Official Game of the Movie
Tokyo Jungle as well, also the best baby chicken game ever made.

nbnt, that was the perfect opportunity for a mystery giveaway! Hahaha. I just want people to see the new mystery giveaway art.

Remind me again how to use mystery art. Just leave the giveaway code without a name?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Let's see new mystery art... Also what could this game be? It's not what you probably think it is.

giphy.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Vd1j7n6.png

WhereIsThisGoing -- MB-F2F88FB29361B7BE - Taken by topyy. 37 entrants total.

t1404942524z1.png

Dang, missed the mystery image, I always forget how to make it appear. D:<

You both are the Trex and i'm regina after reading these commments
a9a82b0b868b6252298fb3f261209f90.gif

Dino Crisis 1 & 2 (I mean seriously I have it as my avatar for a reason)
Primal Carnage
Turok 2008

Those are my favorites. Jurassic the hunted wasn't too bad as well.

I had a lot of fun with Dino Crisis 1 and 2. More so then Resident Evil 1 and 2 that's for sure.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I wonder how the Bad Rats developers would feel knowing their game was the go-to joke gift for our Steam giveaways.

Laughing all the way to the bank?

If I were them I would be smiling saying "My game is shit but still making money"

Is there an option in Steam somewhere to remove that "BPM" nuclear button in the top right of the client? I'm always afraid I'll accidentally press it and then get trapped in BPM for heaven knows how long...

OR, maybe the idéa is that everyone would think that they are swapped but they aren't.;)

Inconceivable!

I wonder how the Bad Rats developers would feel knowing their game was the go-to joke gift for our Steam giveaways.

It's not only here that it's done. Other forums that do gifting/giveaways always try to pass the rats as well. There is no way the devs don't know about the joke and I'm sure they're happy with it as they line their pockets.

Goodness, as soon as I criticised Steam's BPM the store died on me.

qq

Edit: I'll never apologise, Valve. This show of power on your part does nothing to sway me.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I'm sure they're fine with the game being a gag gift -- they took the time to add trading card support, after all. See also: Secret of the Magic Crystals getting DLC four years after its release.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

I'm pretty sure that most of the money never even goes to the Bad Rats devs since Strategy First published Bad Rats.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
For the new page, failed the mystery icon appearing (at least now I know how~) Oh thanks Stumpokapow! But a short raffle for some game or another. It's not what you think. Magnifico.

giphy.gif

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Vd1j7n6.png

WhereIsThisGoing -- MB-F2F88FB29361B7BE

t1404942524z1.png

Dr Dogg

Probably quite sad seeing as Strategy First publish it. They don't have exactly the best developer relations and reimbursement out there.

Beelzebubs

Fine, you each get one, but there's at least one more yet to be discovered!

Thanks Stump and here it is in all it's glory!

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Beelzebubs, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

xxPVMYM.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-5D6269E8FDF4A15E - Taken by DarkMehm. 33 entrants total.

t1404942224z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom