• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It seems Nuuvem will have a sale in the next few days...

Let's see if they have something interesting.

PSA: The GTA Complete bundle will likely go on sale and it's the only way to still get the Steam versions of GTA and GTA2.

Copons

Never, ever, declare you don't want to win a giveaway you entered by mistake, because you'll always, inevitably win it.

Eanan

I really hope I don't win.
Dead Serious.
OF COURSE I WON

OF COURSE

xqlRz7l.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
most of you dont actually realize whats funny / sad about Munch winning lol

EdmondD

Recently moved to a new house. Feels good to have internet again. Feels good not having to lift heavy shit and hurt my back anymore. I think I will buy Ys Oath in Felghana.

Tizoc

What's that? YOU NEED MORE CONVINCING TO GET THE YS GAME?! SON/DAUGHTER LET ME TELL YOU A LITTLE ABOUT YS OATH IN FELGHANA

There you were, you just learned how to navigate the current dungeon, found as many of its secret items and equipment as you can, you have currently the best equipment available and figured that tough boss' attack patterns. You had died 3 or so times but eventually you triumphed with over 50% health left!
Then the cutscene occurs, by then it's 1 AM, you think to yourself 'If I go to bed now I can get a good 8 hours sleep before waking up for work!'
...but you appear near a save point in what appears to be a cave, it's quiet, you think to yourself 'Hmm well let me just take a quick look at this new dungeon', you walk out of the cave THEN YOU HEAR IT!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsGPthUe8Po
Your mind sparks! Your vigor increases! YOU WANT TO SEE THIS THROUGH! THE MUSIC PUSHES YOU TO CONTINUE TO ROCK AS ADOL EFFIN' CHRISTIN!
You reach the boss, but by then it's 3 AM! This boss has been wrecking your shit 6 times now, but you don't give up, why? BECAUSE THE MUSIC COMPELS YOU TO STRIKE THAT BOSS DOWN! ONLY WHEN YOU'VE ACHIEVED THAT VICTORY YOU SO SOUGHT DO YOU REALIZE!
Fuck I'm only getting 5 hours sleep...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
the real cosmic joke is when he gives it away and then I enter and win it, and we go full circle

aku:jiki

Any hidden gems in here? http://groupees.com/bagb8

I don't want to buy everything but I don't want to regret not getting a great game either.
My perfect eye for games tells me that Leave Home is probably the best of the bunch, but I have it on XBLIG and it's not very good beyond looking pretty.

You can tell from the video that the Waffles game, which might be second best, has far sloppier controls than SMB does and it'd probably just be disappointing if you've spent any amount of time with SMB.

Rhaknar

Super Panda Adventures has a store page now, and it was in 356 bundles previously

Vlad

New Sometimes Tuesday Groupees Bundle. First 24hrs = $1.00. All steam keys.
The games are:
1000 Amps
Borderzone
T.E.C. 3001
Pretentious Game
Making History II: The War of the World

Borderzone and T.E.C 3001 has cards.

http://groupees.com/tuesday?source=indiegamebundles

Seems like a good deal for a buck.

Don't know anything about most of those, but I had a great time with 1000 Amps. It's an interesting little puzzle platformer with some metroidvania aspects.

What's that? YOU NEED MORE CONVINCING TO GET THE YS GAME?! SON/DAUGHTER LET ME TELL YOU A LITTLE ABOUT YS OATH IN FELGHANA

There you were, you just learned how to navigate the current dungeon, found as many of its secret items and equipment as you can, you have currently the best equipment available and figured that tough boss' attack patterns. You had died 3 or so times but eventually you triumphed with over 50% health left!
Then the cutscene occurs, by then it's 1 AM, you think to yourself 'If I go to bed now I can get a good 8 hours sleep before waking up for work!'
...but you appear near a save point in what appears to be a cave, it's quiet, you think to yourself 'Hmm well let me just take a quick look at this new dungeon', you walk out of the cave THEN YOU HEAR IT!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsGPthUe8Po
Your mind sparks! Your vigor increases! YOU WANT TO SEE THIS THROUGH! THE MUSIC PUSHES YOU TO CONTINUE TO ROCK AS ADOL EFFIN' CHRISTIN!
You reach the boss, but by then it's 3 AM! This boss has been wrecking your shit 6 times now, but you don't give up, why? BECAUSE THE MUSIC COMPELS YOU TO STRIKE THAT BOSS DOWN! ONLY WHEN YOU'VE ACHIEVED THAT VICTORY YOU SO SOUGHT DO YOU REALIZE!
Fuck I'm only getting 5 hours sleep...

Which Ys should I play first? :p

Tizoc

Which Ys should I play first? :p

Oath in Felghana is a great starting game, then Origin.

Ys 1 and 2's combat system may not appeal to everyone but at least get those 2 I mentioned above.
Heck support the dev and maybe get all 3, you might open up to Ys 1 and 2's combat, who knows!

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
14613179944_d3828bbc04_o.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for nbnt:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (nbnt, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

xheRJRF.gif
Bad Rats: the Rats' Revenge -- MB-EFDC222746E5FAEF
t1cxE6r.gif
Alien: Isolation -- MB-94D878C8173EAE69

t1404951405z1.png

Dr Dogg

Comparing the darkness resolutions between ps3 and 360:

1024x576 (no AA) for PS3
1280x720 (4xAA) for 360

Yeah its just minimal difference.

Also Darkness 2 plays great with a keyboard/mouse. Dont know what you are talking about.

What because it has a third higher resolution and higher AA it makes it massively better does it? In relation for me when I played though both they weren't at the same time and even though the 360 version did look and run better it's not that the PS3 version is a disaster and was perfectly playable if not comparable. Throwing numbers around isn't really going to tell you how something plays now does it.

Now for me the very fact The Darkness II is designed around a controller for it's gunplay and powers made it pain in the arse to control without remapping the controls through. Sure it's subjective but the are designed around a controller layout first and foremost. Good for you that they're great but there is an issue for a few people with this and was brought up in several reviews, on 2K's own support site and I personally had issues with it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
ModBot said:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (JaseC, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

TEC 3001 -- MB-3FD039719437EECE - Taken by Kuroyume
Memories of a Vagabond -- MB-BD08FCF6A96A7E56 - Taken by Dusk Golem
1000 Amps -- MB-B689B4DF3D25915B - Taken by PandaPedinte
BorderZone -- MB-06956EE52AF505D2 - Taken by Saty
8-bit Commando -- MB-150C2069AC40A41F - Taken by Tellaerin
Quest of Dungeons -- MB-933B386F17227676 - Taken by aku:jiki
The Book of Legends -- MB-09E12267564BE1F0 - Taken by Tizoc
Nightmares from the Deep: The Siren's Call -- MB-4D26DB2C4AFB9F1A - Taken by Aaron D.
Making History II: The War of the World -- MB-05B5CD85040452D6 - Taken by xeris

8BC should be unused, judging from the date it was added to the bundle. I apologise in advance if I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom