• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Summary of what's on the store page:

Guy from modern Japan makes a wish/prayer at a shrine to become Japan's national athlete for Judo, gets teleported to a different timeline, meets two foxgirls, gets into shenanigans.

So basically, waifus.

lol on the waifu comments that I was expecting. Without checking steam, my guess it's a novel game, right?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
is this Stained game also a waifu game?
:3

Jawmuncher

ModBot said:
Instructions for Jawmuncher:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Jawmuncher, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

vqMb12N.png

Dino Crisis Steam Beta -- MB-412A594D420ECC38 - Taken by Dusk Golem. 21 entrants total.

t1404945044z1.png

Here's my spare beta code.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I want this to happen so bad with proper graphics options and controller support.

You can play it with a controller just not the 360 controller. (You could use a tool to play with the controller but I find it to be a pain in the ass)

Kuroyume

Banned
ModBot said:
I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kuroyume, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Foreign Legion: Multi Massacre -- MB-4734A6147856EF23
Kill Fun Yeah -- MB-A506EABA7A8BAD37 - Taken by billmcdougal. 3 entrants total.
The 11th Hour -- MB-CA51EBDA638D4ADE - Taken by Pakkidis. 1 entrants total.
1953 - KGB Unleashed -- MB-59D328F723C5455D
Bardbarian -- MB-6E445B1AC3DD407D - Taken by trolho. 2 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Cognition: Episode 1 -- MB-1B32BB9275108C00 - Taken by someguyinahat. 2 entrants total.
EDGE -- MB-06B033BC17A7BF3F
Desperados 2: Cooper's Revenge -- MB-0A6612A207BA0128
Toki Tori 2 Plus -- MB-03305C37CDA30456 - Taken by weemadarthur. 1 entrants total.
Xotic Complete (inc. 3 DLC) -- MB-35E9B031D8110D69
The 7th Guest -- MB-20EFBE64C5C6769B - Taken by wagamer. 1 entrants total.
Desperados: Wanted Dead or Alive -- MB-3A283CCF14CD1512 - Taken by ReduxMachine. 2 entrants total.

t1404945164z1.png

tumblr_mvzavnBicD1s1ygtqo1_1280.jpg

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Hm, really debating over Banished. It looks great, and a friend of mine is having a lot of fun with it (really, like, RIGHT NOW, as I'm talking to him on the phone :lol)...budget's tight right now though (only game I've budgeted for is Abyss Odyssey) so I'm trying to decide if I want to make room for Banished in there as well. Not like I can't or anything, but still, ten bucks is ten bucks. :lol Maybe I should check how long that Humble Store sale lasts.

neoemonk

FF IX on PC would be nice I guess. I still have my PS1 disc and luckily those games play on every PlayStation ever made but one day the PS2 and PS3 will die and I have not found a compelling reason to get a new console.

FF IX on PC would be nice I guess. I still have my PS1 disc and luckily those games play on every PlayStation ever made but one day the PS2 and PS3 will die and I have not found a compelling reason to get a new console.

When they do die and your disks are still good you can always use an emulator to play the disk.

Mono

Wait, do PS1 disks work on PS3, or are you talking about the PSN version?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

LuckyEMS

Banned
Everything that was unclaimed from page 1!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 16 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (LuckyEMS, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

CoH2 Soviet Commander Conscript Support Tactics -- MB-E5A29806EB60B9E8
LoTRO Steely Dawn Starter -- MB-8C5E0288AC0FDAD2
Warframe Booster -- MB-7DAE6D8A188336BC - Taken by AsylumX. 1 entrants total.
Landmark Closed Beta (1 Week) -- MB-8EE0ED0AB677C460
Broken Sword -- MB-DAB5DAA34859AFB3 - Taken by ReduxMachine. 4 entrants total.
Magicka E3 Robe -- MB-409DD74E9503C9D2
Company of Heroes 2 German Commander Storm Doctrine -- MB-861CBDD470FA7C3E
CoH2 Four Colour Belorussian -- MB-7FD27C6797969CBC
Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection -- MB-B70FA91C6CEAA68F - Taken by Blak_Status. 3 entrants total.
Anomaly 2 -- MB-215D4D19D5B906F0
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-73E5084E125AD49D
Bioshock -- MB-F4E706D8E148A48F
Company of Heroes 2 German Skin Four Colour -- MB-D55F09DB51BD2B37
Smite Almighty Zeus -- MB-AB2B58D2803AA9CC
Total War Rome 2 Nomadic Tribes Culture Pack -- MB-0C439F5671059E11
Trine 2 -- MB-12FBE610969509E6 - Taken by CrunchyFrog. 3 entrants total.

t1404954884z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wait, do PS1 disks work on PS3, or are you talking about the PSN version?

The PS3 has always been backwards-compatible with PSX games, digital and physical; emulation is entirely software-based, so it isn't a matter of hardware support as PS2 BC was.

Edit: The only issue is that PSX disc region-locking still applies, so if you have a US console but, say, a PAL copy of FF7, it won't work.

Mono

The PS3 has always been backwards-compatible with PSX games, digital and physical; emulation is entirely software-based, so it wasn't a matter of hardware support as PS2 BC was.

I assumed PS1 games wouldn't work since PS2 game don't on most PS3s. Great to know!

Jawmuncher

For the millions in SteamGAF who are feverishly waiting for the Steamworks LP3 update.

As previously mentioned, the migration of the online service for Lost Planet 3 (PC Version) is nearing completion, and a downloadable update is scheduled to go live on STEAM this Thursday, July 10th at 1:00am PT. The migration to a new server will unfortunately reset MULTIPLAYER leaderboards and the CINEMATIC GALLERY. CAMPAIGN difficulty will also default to Normal difficulty.

The PS3 has always been backwards-compatible with PSX games, digital and physical; emulation is entirely software-based, so it wasn't a matter of hardware support as PS2 BC was.

Edit: The only issue is that PSX disc region-locking still applies, so if you have a US console but, say, a PAL copy of FF7, it won't work.

The power of the cloud cell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom