• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
http://www.mediafire.com/watch/qbgx...e_07.22.2014_-_13.46.25.58.mp4.converted.webm

And here's why nobody should be looking at Shadow Blade: Reload at the moment...
I've even tried deleting local content and reinstalling... Settings refuses to work, cursors are missing, and when I can figure out what I'm selecting and get into a level, both the analog and dpad do nothing at all.

Right now, I'd say STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM THIS GAME UNLESS YOU'RE FEELING ADVENTUROUS AND ARE GOING TO USE KB/M FOR CONTROLS.

seems the emphasys is on the EARLY in early access, also seems you cant change resolution yet?

Sendou

Finished The Walking Dead Season 2 Episode 4. I enjoyed it. Still disappointing to see how little regard Telltale gives to players' choices after making it a selling point but it's something you should be used to by now. Basically it's a movie with light interaction. Even situations where you explore environment are very scarce. Still prefer this series over The Wolf Among Us. The story is pretty decent. Not much surprises as far as the game part is considered.

Can't say I'm too excited for Season 3 unless they think what they are doing from ground up. I mean I'd play it eventually but this concept gets boring. If they want to make Season 3 then they should really think about what interactive story means for them. Because it really isn't such now.

MTE

Good morning, Australia.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (MTE, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Hitman 2: Silent Assassin -- MB-E8057316C250C7BF - Taken by fernandes
Bioshock -- MB-916196DABF2A6885 - Taken by Altazor
Hitman: Codename 47 -- MB-5E8B6B122FE20EA9 - Taken by Evrain

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
That breaks multiquote when it loads the new page on the same one you started on though.

I generally just open a new tab, copy the quote over to whatever post I'm using, and then writing a response there anyway :p

I only use multiquote when catching up on posts I miss.

Yeah sure, it will be deleted like the Milamber desktop pic. Suuuuuure.... lol.

Never trust the internet.

I remember messing up on whose that originally was when I was new here. I hope senpai notices me ;___;

The game looks pretty good, will buy in the future. Though it honestly look a little bit like an iOS style game.

I know, I'm a special flower when it comes to excretions.

But do you poop in the shower? I've heard it's a liberating experience

http://www.mediafire.com/watch/qbgx...e_07.22.2014_-_13.46.25.58.mp4.converted.webm

And here's why nobody should be looking at Shadow Blade: Reload at the moment...
I've even tried deleting local content and reinstalling... Settings refuses to work, cursors are missing, and when I can figure out what I'm selecting and get into a level, both the analog and dpad do nothing at all.

Right now, I'd say STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM THIS GAME UNLESS YOU'RE FEELING ADVENTUROUS AND ARE GOING TO USE KB/M FOR CONTROLS.

And all of my interest in that game is dead for now. I'm sure it'll be fixed in the future, of course, since it's an early access game.

seems the emphasys is on the EARLY in early access, also seems you cant change resolution yet?

I could change the resolution when I first started.
Once I got the controller input to work (sorta) the resolution locked to 640x480... but I think it's still rendering in 1824x1026.

Ventara

If, for some reason, you missed out on Feep's generous offer, here's a spare code I have for Sequence, an amazing game that you should definitely play.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ventara, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sequence -- MB-5187BFACB0AB6C64 - Taken by Sofa King. 2 entrants total.

t1406069432z1.png

Jawmuncher

I could change the resolution when I first started.
Once I got the controller input to work (sorta) the resolution locked to 640x480... but I think it's still rendering in 1824x1026.

I know its EA but I can't understand why devs would want to release anything in this sort of state.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
hopefully Halfway is good, I cant take 2 hertbreaks in a row

Ill give it a spin tomorow (and Darkwood woot)

edit: also this happened
2000.png

and my honest reaction (as expected)

tumblr_n4kc2ffJui1txb8sho1_500.gif

at least its out of the way now

Jawmuncher

Opposite in that it is not a high value title.

Gah, why did you change your Avatar?

Avatar changing is the name of my existence in the steam thread.since it's always what I use as a identifying mark. January when everyone was using their real pics was a nightmare.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Argh, OlliOlli is breaking my brain...

Years and years of Tony Hawk collide with the totally different style of OlliOlli controls.

Must stop pressing A to grind... :p

But great game so far!

Zalusithix

Well, now that the D:OS raffle is over, time for a quicker one for the older games. The final D:OS raffle will be another day.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Zalusithix, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Beyond Divinity -- MB-4C5958354FC1EFFB - Taken by nightstorm. 9 entrants total.
Divine Divinity -- MB-58DBFFEC665C9441 - Taken by Mono. 4 entrants total.

t1406069973z1.png

Pudge

honestly - I'm glad too ... when I played the beta - that game was a GIANT clusterfuck (even worse than BF4 with 64 players) ... at that point it was pretty much totally random ... and not fun either (not for me, at least) ... no to mention it having pretty much NOTHING to do with actual cops and robbers, I mean come on - police using rocket launchers? robbers destroying half a city to get away with $500k in cash? meh

I really like how chaotic it felt. The gameplay needs to be tuned for sure, but not enough shooters are that crazy anymore.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Opposite in that it is not a high value title.

Gah, why did you change your Avatar?
Because the Summer Seal ended, so there was no point in keeping the pink team Braixen :p

Besides, I really like this Genesis album, and I find the cover art to be very peaceful and calming. I'm a negative and pessimistic guy, but this drawing is optimistic and beautiful, so I wanted to sport it as my new avatar. I thought about some other albums too, but I finally chose this one.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Because the Summer Seal ended, so there was no point in keeping the pink team Braixen :p

Besides, I really like this Genesis album, and I find the cover art to be very peaceful and calming. I'm a negative and pessimistic guy, but this drawing is optimistic and beautiful, so I wanted to sport it as my new avatar. I thought about some other albums too, but I finally chose this one.

Phil Collin's Genesis, bleh. Though, I now listen to Phil's Sussudio unironically nowadays.

Ventara

Another Divinity: OS giveaway, another loss for me. Just another day on SteamGaf.

And why hasn't anyone taken Sequence yet? You all better have the game already!

Dambrosi

Banned
Okay, so I took one look at the Squeenix Humble Bundle, and laughed at the fact that all the best games (and the worst) were all on the $1 tier.

Some money saved there.

And I'm stoked that Trails In The Sky is finally almost out. I hope it has cards :p

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Damn Servizio, damn! How can you be so fucking lucky? You should change your avatar to this

tumblr_mtsjmmzy271qcf65wo6_400.png

oipic

The Crew beta definitely has some technical problems (screen res/aspect ratios are especially borked for the minority among us still rocking 4:3 monitors, for example), but I had a good enough time with it for a couple of hours last night.

The 'story' and premise is a bit cliched in the style of Fast & Furious, but in true Ubi fashion, the world is vast and there's a LOT to do (and to unlock and collect - and purchase...what's with that?).

Can see it being good fun in quick blasts with friends, in the spirit of Burnout Paradise. Steam friends list support would be lovely in this case - the Uplay thing is a hindrance.

Shantom

What? First 30, then 15, now 13? Seriously, do we have confirmation how many cards it has?

It's definitely 13, have a look at the store page on Enhanced Steam, it'll let you have a look at the badge page.
It seems the original plan was 31, then they were told there was a 15 card limit so they settled on 13.

Ventara

Got a PM. My heart skipped a beat. It was just the giveaway receipt. :(

It's definitely 13, have a look at the store page on Enhanced Steam, it'll let have a look at the badge page.
It seems the original plan was 31, then they were told there was a 15 card limit so they settled on 13.

Thanks for clarifying! I thought I read somewhere there was a 15 limit, so I was suspicious of the 30 card thing.

Tizoc

Yo Freedom Planet is legit. If you liked Shovel Knight you cannot miss out on this game.
Go buy it now you cheap shmucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom