• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

yGray

Banned
I imagine Valve will make an announcement when it settles on a final retail design.

It shouldn't have continued past s05.

I gotta sorta agree with this. It had a defined story and they killed it by trying to bring "leviathans" into the show as corporate america.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Umm... Why do I have Alice: Madness Returns in my Origin library? It says that it was added June 27 2014, but I haven't bout anything from Origin since 2012 at best.

Maybe it scanned my PC and it found my Steam copy?

Anteater

Umm... Why do I have Alice: Madness Returns in my Origin library? It says that it was added June 27 2014, but I haven't bout anything from Origin since 2012 at best.

The cdkey you get from your steam version could be used to activate an origin copy I think, that's probably where you got it from, but you need to do it manually

Shadownet

Banned
I mostly agree, but I certainly haven't stopped watching.

I think the past few seasons have been relatively bad, but this past one was actually much better (although the brotherly drama has gotten old).

It's still really entertaining though, and has some great characters. There were some great plots in early days, but these past seasons have generous helpings of Cas and Crowley, so...

They need to bring back
Bobby and Papa Winchester, if only for a bit. I miss them.

I guess you didn't hear for this add-on: Hola
Damn, it worked flawlessly!
Got Civ V CE, BF3 Premium and GTA Classic Trilogy for only 26€!

Thank God you suggested me Hola or otherwise I was about to "buy" help by offering a 5$ game to the person who'd help me. Thanks Vazduh!

Hola also seems to unblock youtube. But most often it just doesn't start playing. Any other youtube un-proxy tool you know/recommend?

I plan to do it in about maybe 2-3 hours or so. It might just be an hour of failure but I've always just wanted to try streaming something haha.

Are you streaming with ShadowPlay? I was able to do it with single player games just fine but it lagged my CS:GO like all hell. My internet is garbage so multiplayer games are a no go.

Locust

xhKzXQM.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Cognition Episode 1 -- MB-55AC9C7D3BC03B42
Storm in a Teacup -- MB-942E2C772F316295 - Taken by bobnowhere. 3 entrants total.
iBomber Defense and iBomber Defense Pacific -- MB-4BD95BD4445522A8 - Taken by Sarcasm. 1 entrants total.
Sequence -- MB-716D2980A8127EBC - Taken by 73V3N. 3 entrants total.

t1406140957z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I have this feeling that If I start playing the game, they will announce the update in a week :lol

Same here. I had a hell of a time with GFWL when I played it (about an hour or two total, after wrangling their BS) and then it lost my save file. I'm sure there'll be a LttP thread for Dark Souls once GFWL is finally removed.

If they decide not to ever remove it... well I guess that's okay too. But I won't be picking up any of the sequels until after I play and beat the first.

MadGear

Finalization of the removal of GameSpy?

Damn, didn't know they were working on this. Now i regret not getting MK9 during the steam sale.

Anyone know how many TF2 keys MK9 is worth right now (never traded before, so don't know the best place to look for this)?
Or would you recommend waiting for the whatever prefix edition of SF4? My urge to play a beat em up led to me installing the MK Kollection recently (do not own any other game of that genre), but I'm not much of a retro gamer and these game are just way to old for my taste :D

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Does anyone know if Banner Saga, the choices you make in the dialogue affect the story? or is it just normal dialogue choices?

Most choices affect your caravan's population, your rations, renown etc Very few of them have an impact on the actual story

HoosTrax

I can't play a GFWL game these days without something stupid happening. Latest offender is DiRT3, which I had previously played about a month ago. Tried to give it a ago over the weekend and my GFWL account didn't want to log in, so save file no-worky...

I can't play a GFWL game these days without something stupid happening. Latest offender is DiRT3, which I had previously played about a month ago. Tried to give it a ago over the weekend and my GFWL account didn't want to log in, so save file no-worky...

Same thing happened to me, couldn't even play the game at all, I just unistalled and will play when GFWL is in it's grave.

Shadownet

Banned
Most choices affect your caravan's population, your rations, renown etc Very few of them have an impact on the actual story

Thats good. I rather not obsessed over my choices like I did with The Wolf Among Us. I usually have to pause the game to think it over lol

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Thats good. I rather not obsessed over my choices like I did with The Wolf Among Us. I usually have to pause the game to think it over lol

I can easily make a choice, but curiosity always gets the better of me and I ultimately jump on Google to see would have happened if I'd travelled the other path.

Turfster

Alice Madness Returns has a minimalistic Origin key checker implemented in it, and when you first ran it, you had to sign in to Origin. (Or at least you did when I bought it years ago)
I also stopped playing because the fucking Origin checker kept making the game stutter at random moments =p

inm8num2

Does anyone know if Banner Saga, the choices you make in the dialogue affect the story? or is it just normal dialogue choices?

IIRC the choices you make will affect some dialogue. For example, you might choose whether to pursue a group of thieves or to let them go and protect your people. Later on another character may reference your decision in a dialogue, either agreeing or disagreeing with you.

As others said it's mostly about affecting your resources, morale, etc.

Shadownet

Banned
I can easily make a choice, but curiosity always gets the better of me and I ultimately jump on Google to see would have happened if I'd travelled the other path.

I treat it as a life or death situation. You only got one chance!

unless you do another playthrough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom