• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strazyplus

Hope I can get The Sims 2 Ultimate, I'll never need to raffle again. Fucking loved The Sims 2 but don't have it anymore and of course EA being EA I can't buy it digitally anymore.

futuramafry.jpg

GET IT HERE

Note that he's the dude that seldom activates gifts. For example no Darkness 2 in his account (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=122096500&highlight=zerooman#post122096500). No Bureau (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=121987288&postcount=2497). No Thunder Wolves (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=121869988&postcount=903). We called him out a while ago after which he activated one won game and that was that.

The power of DetectiveGAF.

How is said individual not been blacklisted yet?

Awesome! One day I will totally play this.

it's ok.

Strazyplus

Don't judge me GAF I rarely keep up with Origin news.

Haha.

neither do I. ^^
Origin is like a disease on my computer that I try to control.
I managed it so well that I do not need it. as theres nothing Origin provides that I want and the day its the same for steam it too will have the similar fate, but like most of us...
I have over 130 games...

Kiru

Note that he's the dude that seldom activates gifts. For example no Darkness 2 in his account (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=122096500&highlight=zerooman#post122096500). No Bureau (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=121987288&postcount=2497). No Thunder Wolves (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=121869988&postcount=903). I'm sure there's more. We called him out a while ago after which he activated one won game and that was that.
Also no Bastion from me. Makes sense why I never got a simple "thanks" :'(

Ibuki

Banned
Note that he's the dude that seldom activates gifts. For example no Darkness 2 in his account (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=122096500&highlight=zerooman#post122096500). No Bureau (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=121987288&postcount=2497). No Thunder Wolves (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=121869988&postcount=903). I'm sure there's more. We called him out a while ago after which he activated one won game and that was that.

Why does he enter then? He just wants to trade the game or something?

Apparently nobody has had the balls to put him in the perm list.
If we're certain on this, I will do it the next time I give something away.
(if you want more games to check, he's won three from me: Dead Island Epidemic, Hoard Complete Pack, Risen -- I checked, he at least owns Hoard and Risen... so take that for what it's worth.)

Anyone have Windows 8? Is it true that directdraw games have issues on it?

I have Windows 8.1 and have been having problems with just a few games, not sure whether they use this directdraw thing; whenever the screen is flickering with bands and stuff, if there's the option for windowed mode that fixes it, otherwise I have found a sort of workaround, that is I press ALT+TAB a few times until it fixes it
it didn't work with Shufflepack though

By the way I have found "indows 8.1 to be much faster and overall better than Windows 8, so I would recommend you to do the upgrade.

Why does he enter then? He just wants to trade the game or something?

trading, selling, or giving away to friends

all have happened before

To be honest, this is the first I've heard of this guy. I know people get moved the perma list after so many times being blocked, but with something this damning it should be an automatic ModBot perma. I don't know how exactly Stump has handled these things in the past.

derExperte

He is on my and several others personal blacklists but that doesn't affect anyone else who doesn't use the BLACKLIST rule. Which then uses the community blacklist on which he may or may not be. I hoped he'd change his behaviour after the last time someone noticed but nope.

(if you want more games to check, he's won three from me: Dead Island Epidemic, Hoard Complete Pack, Risen.)

None of them are there, not even Epidemic.

Doopliss

If anyone is interested, the user agent of the Steam browser:

Code:
Old:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; Valve Steam GameOverlay/1405474565; ) AppleWebKit/535.19 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/18.0.1025.166 Safari/535.19

New (beta):
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; Valve Steam GameOverlay/1406138455; ) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/35.0.1916.86 Safari/537.36

So like March 2012 -> May 2014

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Remember me to do the same. In fact, I'll do it now. Just gotta find the ModBot instructions thread, as I don't remember how to do that.

With enough SteamGAFfers putting him on their personal blacklists, he may end up in the global one.

He is on my and several others personal blacklists but that doesn't affect anyone else who doesn't use the BLACKLIST rule. Which then uses the community blacklist on which he may or may not be. I hoped he'd change his behaviour after the last time someone noticed but nope.

Blacklist should default, like PMTHANKS does now.

And someone add him to the community BLACKLIST. I think it's PERMBLOCk <user>.

What new browser are you referring to?

The Steam GUI browser.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

Surely Stump could give us his loot summary so we can crosscheck others.

oupi

Remember me to do the same. In fact, I'll do it now. Just gotta find the ModBot instructions thread, as I don't remember how to do that.

With enough SteamGAFfers putting him on their personal blacklists, he may end up in the global one.

here is how to block:
You can permanently block any user by sending a PM to ModBot with the subject permablock. The body should be a list of usernames, one per line, that you wish to block

And of course I didn't win the DreadOut giveaway :(

Would have been an interesting game to play while waiting for Fatal Frame 5. Hopefully they'll put it on sale one of these days. 50% off would be nice.

iosefe

here is how to block:
You can permanently block any user by sending a PM to ModBot with the subject permablock. The body should be a list of usernames, one per line, that you wish to block

this is not to be taken lightly, of course

Blacklist should default, like PMTHANKS does now.

And someone add him to the community BLACKLIST. I think it's PERMBLOCk <user>.

I believe PERMABLOCK only blocks them from all your future giveaways, not add them to the community blacklist. I think if enough people add a person to their personal blacklist, they go into the community blacklist. I could be wrong though.

I believe PERMABLOCK only blocks them from all your future giveaways, not add them to the community blacklist. I think if enough people add a person to their personal blacklist, they go into the community blacklist. I could be wrong though.

Fair enough, I'll add him next time I give away something.
If someone would answer my question about the new IndieRoyale Stealth Bastard content, I might buy one of those and give it away.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Have games, be a high level. Wait................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................for ages.

And then never get a booster that's actually worth anything.

Personally I wish you could add packages to your wishlist. Like "Skyrim Legendary Edition" which contains all of the Skyrim stuff or the "Alan Wake Franchise Pack" that has all the Alan Wake stuff.They say that you can't do it since packages like that are designed to come and go, but it'd be pretty trivial for them to add something (again like Amazon does) where if it were no longer available for purchase, it's just let you know in red or something and give you an easy way to remove it. Or better yet, make automatic suggestions of things to replace it with.

I want this too, it would save at least a little bit of space in my already too long wishlist. But I guess it's Valve being Valve again and not wanting to implement it because, as you pointed out, those subs won't last forever and I guess they'd rather not deal with having to come up with a fix for telling users to remove the packs when they're gone.

I spent a $20 Steam card I got as a birthday present almost exclusively on Steam Cards.

giphy.gif

But now you can raise your steam level to get even more foil drops. All according to Valve's keikaku.

Thank you for posting this. People are taking this giveaway stuff way too seriously.
I was thinking of giving away some older bundle games earlier but people assuming you're a cheating criminal that only does it to enter the super mega important big giveaway kind of puts a damper on it.

I'm not really sure why anyone would be mad about something like that other than wanting less people to enter mega giver raffles so they have a better chance of winning. To me, there's a big difference in giving away games that have been in bundles and dumping seven Adventure of Shuggy keys (that anyone could have gotten for free during the summer sale) at once into a raffle. One is clearly trying to get mega giver status and the other is more benign. There's a reason the Shuggy giveaway was done anonymously.

I wake up and Darkwood is delayed?

Honestly, it's probably for the best, considering all of the other relatively higher hyped indie/small publisher games coming out this week. Darkwood deserves a chance of having a good opening week.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
here is how to block:
Just read it in Moddy's help thread, but thanks a lot anyway!

this is not to be taken lightly, of course
You dare tell me what I should or shouldn't do? PERM'D!

Of course I'm kidding!

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
I actually have permablocked two very nice steamgaffers by mistake. Confused them with two giveaway abusers that had similar nicks. Wish I could undo that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom