• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is on my and several others personal blacklists but that doesn't affect anyone else who doesn't use the BLACKLIST rule. Which then uses the community blacklist on which he may or may not be. I hoped he'd change his behaviour after the last time someone noticed but nope.

None of them are there, not even Epidemic.

Hahaha, 2/3 are now?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/zeroOman/games?tab=all

I actually have permablocked two very nice steamgaffers by mistake. Confused them with two giveaway abusers that had similar nicks. Wish I could undo that

I'm not sure who you "confused" me with, but this explains a lot, ser. :3

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Diedac, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

The Chaos Engine -- MB-71804FBA1B528A43 - Taken by HalfwayOrb

rybrad

The new beta with multiple categories options and shit/ctrl clicking to select multiple games makes me so happy. I have been trying to get my library organized and it was so damn tedious to sort the games one at a time into categories.

Anyone have any experience with Windows 8 Pro tablets? Been conflicted on whether to buy indie games on Steam or Playstation, mainly because the PS versions are crossbuy so I can take them with me on Vita. But I got to thinking and realised you could create something similar with a W8 Pro tablet. The only 2 things I'm wondering about is if something like the Toshiba Encore would be able to run indie games at 60fps (Stuff like Spelunky, Rogue Legacy and the like, mostly 2D stuff), and whether anyone who's gone through with this knows of any decent control methods that attach to the tablet itself (Something along the lines of the Razer Edge controller, but a little less bulky)?

Don't bother entering zerOman, you know why.

On a happier note, this just came out. If you should happen to win, try and post some impressions when you get around to actually playing it!
I know, I know, we don't actually play our games. :p

ModBot said:
Instructions for MakeshiftChef:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (MakeshiftChef, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Unrest- -- MB-0678A5A82D00A573 - Taken by Porcupine. 35 entrants total.

t1406156318z1.png

rtcn63

Anyone have any experience with Windows 8 Pro tablets? Been conflicted on whether to buy indie games on Steam or Playstation, mainly because the PS versions are crossbuy so I can take them with me on Vita. But I got to thinking and realised you could create something similar with a W8 Pro tablet. The only 2 things I'm wondering about is if something like the Toshiba Encore would be able to run indie games at 60fps (Stuff like Spelunky, Rogue Legacy and the like, mostly 2D stuff), and whether anyone who's gone through with this knows of any decent control methods that attach to the tablet itself (Something along the lines of the Razer Edge controller, but a little less bulky)?

The Dell Venue Pro models seem to be a popular choice, mostly because they regularly discount to $100-200. There should be a few threads on the board.

derExperte

Don't bother entering zerOman, you know why.

On a happier note, this just came out. If you should happen to win, try and post some impressions when you get around to actually playing it!

Cool, there's a demo on Steam btw.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

actually playing games you buy is for n00bs!! ;)

im the only one that the steam browser doesnt work anymore? store, community keep loading... :(

nope, you're not :p same here

Beelzebubs

Note that he's the dude that seldom activates gifts. For example no Darkness 2 in his account (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=122096500&highlight=zerooman#post122096500). No Bureau (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=121987288&postcount=2497). No Thunder Wolves (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=121869988&postcount=903). I'm sure there's more. We called him out a while ago after which he activated one won game and that was that.

He won RocketsRocketsRockets from me in a mystery giveaway yesterday and it seems like they've activated it. Didn't get a thank you though :p

actually playing games you buy is for n00bs!! ;)

nope, you're not :p same here

Lately I've had a metric fuckton of errors in the Steam client -- including it claiming flash isn't installed so I can't watch video clips on a game's store page.

Not sure what the hell is going on.

The Dell Venue Pro models seem to be a popular choice, mostly because they regularly discount to $100-200. There should be a few threads on the board.

Oh, just checked it out and in the UK refurbs occasionally come up at £150. Definitely going to keep an eye out. Now just need to figure out controllers. I'll have to hunt down some topics.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Man, I'm so grateful the community blacklist Does exist. I have issues with steamgifts sometimes because it hasn't got that sort of option yet.

rtcn63

Oh, just checked it out and in the UK refurbs occasionally come up at £150. Definitely going to keep an eye out. Now just need to figure out controllers. I'll have to hunt down some topics.

Pretty sure you can use PS3/PS4 controllers via bluetooth with the right drivers. Or not.

EDIT: Sorry, noticed you wanted something that attaches to the tablet itself.

SugarDave

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (SugarDave, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Thief Gold -- MB-6AAFC7CFAC7A230C
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin -- MB-8BD426FA8469BC5C - Taken by PriitV. 4 entrants total.
Hitman: Codename 47 -- MB-06EFAF3D3C70EADC - Taken by EdmondD. 1 entrants total.

t1406146957z1.png

Good luck!

Vuze

Wtf, Sims 2 Ultimate for free?! How awesome is that. I played the shit out of it when it was released, sogood.gif
One of the few physical PC games I own.

Pretty sure you can use PS3/PS4 controllers via bluetooth with the right drivers. Or not.

Yeah, seen that about, but looking for something more mobile that clips to the sides of the tablet, almost like a makeshift Vita. It looks like Wikipad are releasing...something soon that works like that, but so little information about not sure if they've made it iPad mini or not.

BHK3

Banned
So I'm over here thinking the dungeon developers turned over a new leaf, guess they didn't.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/302270/

I had some fun with the original, so seeing that they went and updated it made me hopeful...till I read the reviews. How is this shit allowed? Just a straight iOS port claimed as something else.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Surely Stump could give us his loot summary so we can crosscheck others.

Are you electing yourself to be the leader of the witch hunt now? His loot summary is none of our fucking business. If you have some concerns about him PM stumpokapow with the occurrences you know about and/or Permaban him if you want.

Why does everything on the internet have to devolve into a witch hunt?

topyy

ModBot said:
Instructions for topyy:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (topyy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Deadbreed Undertaker Beta Pack -- MB-82A857F4444B32B5 - Taken by crazyrabbits. 2 entrants total.

t1406147316z1.png

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Note that he's the dude that seldom activates gifts. For example no Darkness 2 in his account (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=122096500&highlight=zerooman#post122096500). No Bureau (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=121987288&postcount=2497). No Thunder Wolves (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=121869988&postcount=903). I'm sure there's more. We called him out a while ago after which he activated one won game and that was that.
I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on those, as maybe he's not near a PC to activate, however...

Sleepy Dawgs http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=109594381&postcount=18621

Face Noir http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=105978557&postcount=1404

Bioshock http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=120449452&postcount=5795

there's more, but you get the idea.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I actually have permablocked two very nice steamgaffers by mistake. Confused them with two giveaway abusers that had similar nicks. Wish I could undo that

If you want to follow up with this, you can; I can remove the blocks. I don't plan to put in an unblock command because I think permablocks should really be permanent, but if you sort of typoed a name, that's a pretty reasonable request.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
header_292x136.jpg

Some quick Halfway impressions from about 1 hour of playing it (which I streamed and you can watch here, just raw gameplay, I need to find my mic one of these days. Thanks for those that were watching aswell, it was fun)

The game feels very much like a 16-bit X-COM, but with more focus on story, almost like a rpg/xcom hybrid. You start off with 1 dude that wakes up from cryo sleep in some derelict spaceship that seems to be overrun by what looks like zombie thingies (original I know), but you quickly find some more team mates.

You cant create chracters, but each one you find and use seems to be a different class each with their own special abilities. The main guy is your standard assault type class and his special move seems to be a 100% accuracy shot, but does low dmg. The second is a lady with a full health self-heal ability, and the third I found was a sniper with a headshot special ability (massive dmg etc). You also have the standard x-com style options of attacking, overwatch (which here is called retaliation and triggers after someone attacks you, not if someone is on your line of sight), reload, use medkits or grenades. There is also a cover system that works exactly like the one in x-com (half and full cover) and the movement system is, again, just like xcom, you use 1 action point to walk a certain distance, or 2 action points to run farther but cant do anything else after. Each action you do seems to use 1 action point, so you can for example, shoot and reload, or walk to cover and shoot, except special abilities which use 2 action points (which is what each character has per turn). One neat thing is does different from xcom is that every time you shoot someone, you can actually use your second action point to make the shot more accurate.

Out of combat you move around with your squad (or with each individually, handy because each one has its own inventory which fills up fast) exploring the small levels looking for ammo, medkits and gear, or doing whatever the objective is. So far its been all pretty much "kill every enemy in the room to finish the level" type deals, I dont know if that changes much. I find it funny how the game warns you that you can still explore before finishing the level, like anyone would leave without opening the 2 or 3 containers still around :p

Theres also a small hub where you can talk to your squad mates, use a health station (which is weird because youre always at full health after missions when you go to the hub, so I dont know what thats about, maybe theres poison or sickness later on that you need to cure) or buy stuff from a shop (speaking of, you can recycle anything in your inventory for cash on the fly, which is a nice touch especially with how small the inventories are).

There is also gear you can equip (like a vest with better stats), weapons, medkits, grenades, and also stimpacks that perma increase your stats (like health, or agility for accuracy), the game keeps saying how rare they are but in the 1 hour I played I found at least 3, although 2 of them were story based.

And thats pretty much it, the game seems super polished, the story is your forgetable run of the mill derelict space ship with monsters but I love the look of it and the gameplay seems very cool. Someone was saying in chat that it doesnt get much more complex later on, which might be a problem, but I havent gotten there yet.

Might stream some more again tomorow, hopefully with a mic this time (not that I have much to say while playing really), but I want to find my mic for my eventual horror streams, where I WILL have things to say (mostly heavy breathing and an assortment of fucks I imagine)

Beelzebubs

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on those, as maybe he's not near a PC to activate, however...

Sleepy Dawgs http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=109594381&postcount=18621

Face Noir http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=105978557&postcount=1404

Bioshock http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=120449452&postcount=5795

there's more, but you get the idea.

The Face Noir says "Face Noir -- MB-4E6E1BFA70EB7C48 - Taken by zeroOman - Taken by Deques. 7 entrants total."

He did activate a game from me yesterday however so I'm pretty sure they've been at a computer. We probably should move to PM's.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Are you electing yourself to be the leader of the witch hunt now? His loot summary is none of our fucking business. If you have some concerns about him PM stumpokapow with the occurrences you know about and/or Permaban him if you want.

Why does everything on the internet have to devolve into a witch hunt?

Because behavior like his breaks any sense of trust between this community. I agree that situations like this should be handed with discretion and not turn into witch hunts but something must be done to stop people like him abusing the giveaway system since a lot of members are obviously neglecting to use a public/personal blacklist. For a start, the public blacklist should be used as a default rule in all giveaways

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom