• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gamersyde Review : Furi Includes gameplay videos as well.
Verdict
Furi is undeniably an incredibly well-crafted game, where gameplay is almost flawless and mechanics are particularly innovating. It's above all a game where skills are required and patterns must be learned and understood in order to complete. Provided you give yourself the means, it's also a very gratifying experience and we have loved every single second of it. With its great soundtrack and art style, the only reason that could keep you away from the game is its genre itself, as not everyone enjoys boss fighters, but as it will be offered on PS+ tomorrow, console owners should definitely give it a try. As for PC gamers, it is still worth a buy if you like a challenge as it should take you more than 10 hours to complete.
image_furi-32412-3527_0003.jpg
image_furi-32412-3527_0010.jpg
image_furi-32412-3527_0015.jpg

Tizoc

So? W40K is a huge franchise, of course they'll make more, because they know they will sell, like they'll keep doing Sonic games even if they are crap.
Then why do u assume there wont, be a ungeon of endless sequel or successor even?

So if anyone needs a game for the next sale and loves Metroidvania games, I can recommend Rabi-Ribi.

You want sexy bunnies? Check!

You want the Metroidvania experience? Check!

You want great music? Check!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOsA-I-lHgw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obCVixJAc7E&list=PLCib2muzTsdJMC9HvhpM7n_HG_DNHlhPh&index=24

You want hard/challenging bosses? Check!

It is really a great game! It will make gamers cry like an anime fan on prom night.

jediyoshi

k6UE3SO.png

Don't know of a site the tracks viewership, but I feel like CSGO is at a record right now at 300k+, 200k+ for the current tourney. Pretty wild since most of NA is hungover right now and GDQ is siphoning off a lot of other casual viewers.

A question about the review, you put easy difficulty as a negative, is that because it makes the game too easy?
Oh there is a misunderstanding. I didn't do the review at Gamersyde. I'm merely linking to it but I assume the balancing on Easy Difficulty is not satisfying.

Lain

As RhakRhak previously said Ghost 1.0 is good.
Italian translation is a bit weird here and there and the humor can be hit or miss (mostly hit with me) but the gameplay is tight and the art and animations are pretty good. The narration style reminds me a bit of the old cyberpunk games.

First non regret from the Sumer Sale.

Ludens

Banned
Italian translation is a bit weird here and there and the humor can be hit or miss (mostly hit with me) but the gameplay is tight and the art and animations are pretty good. The narration style reminds me a bit of the old cyberpunk games.

A question: is there a way to enlarge the portion of the screen showed?
The game, like Unepic, is too small for me.

redlacs

Well Zenge was nice casual puzzle game. Easy to pick up an what I appreciated most is that it found the balance for me between being challenging enough to use the brain but not so hard to get stuck. Every time i though the next level may be a nightmare if its more complex than the previous, it gently introduced some new mechanics instead and kept it fresh. Worth the dollar if you ask me, but it was also already bundled on at least two occasions.

data

Browsed the overclock forums for a bit and found a person who poked the sides of their 60$ mouse with a soldering iron, the end result is...

well I'll let you see for yourself.

warning you, though.

900x900px-LL-e42eafb2_mMBaULK.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

I just got to that "im OP now motherfuckers come at me" point that you get in every one of these games with enough upgrades and damn it feels good. 9 hours in, not sure how long it is, I have all the keys now to access every zone, cant imagine its much longer.

This cat knows how to make one of these games let me tell you, it builds on everything that he did in unepic and improves on it a lot (well except maybe lenght assuming Im near the end, UnEpic was twice as long, but we'll see)

gelf

Not sure why anyone is still surprised by Sega buying up strategy games and their developers anymore. This has been their MO for a while now.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Defenders of the Last Colony -- MB-D548460D1F3464D3 - Taken by voodooray - Taken by Sarcasm
SUPERFIGHT Closed Beta and Joiner Micro Deck -- MB-7D6A1A0C9A2E3268 - Taken by Capt.Haddock

Couple of spares. The Superfight thing is 2 keys together so if something goes wrong just PM me and we'll sort it out.

Xater

Not sure why anyone is still surprised by Sega buying up strategy games and their developers anymore. This has been their MO for a while now.

Yeah the European PC centric arm of Sega is doing fine. It's the rest of Sega that's in shambles.

Xanathus

Browsed the overclock forums for a bit and found a person who poked the sides of their 60$ mouse with a soldering iron, the end result is...

well I'll let you see for yourself.

warning you, though.

900x900px-LL-e42eafb2_mMBaULK.png

Thought it was insect larvae holes first, but why would you do that?

5 hours in and I haven't figured out the 'repetitiveness' issue w/ Mad Max.

Then I looked at the map. Jesus, this could be a problem.

I'm not normally a collect all the collectables kind of person. I'll get towards the end of say, a AC game intending to do everything then suddenly I'll just say "fuck it" and finish the game and move on. I just loved existing in the Mad Max world so even after 60+ hours I was going strong.

The person claimed it was to add more grip. It's so freakish, I've been getting shivers the whole time and I haven't even looked at it since then

I was reading somewhere that a bunch of holes close together in a semi organic style is a universal fear across cultures.

I think he would be better off adding some sort of traction sticker.

Corpekata

Banned
5 hours in and I haven't figured out the 'repetitiveness' issue w/ Mad Max.

Then I looked at the map. Jesus, this could be a problem.

You will. The first like 3rd of the game is pretty good but then you'll realize all the strongholds are the same and of barely any consequence, the missions start to feel barely different, the upgrades don't make the combat any more fun, etc. Even the car combat and the convoys that are the sole standouts end up devolving into the same tactics as the cars get too much armor and health.

ModBot said:
Instructions for bobnowhere:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- MEGA GIVERS ONLY! You must have given away at least 25 games through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Satellite Reign -- MB-25002474EA907359 - Taken by Ludens. 14 entrants total.

t1467732446z1.png

Couple of spares. The Superfight thing is 2 keys together so if something goes wrong just PM me and we'll sort it out.

We just bought the actual card game yesterday and played it last night. It was a lot of fun! Side note: this is the first sale that I didn't buy a game for myself. Feels a little weird but I blame my overwatch addiction.

Eh, I wasn't overly impressed with oxenfree :/

Me neither. I remember feeling that they tried to do too many things at once and consequently didn't do any of those things really well. Did they ever fix that annoying bug where NPC dialogue audio files would cut out mid way through a sentence if you said something?

Looks like Romance of the Three Kingdoms just got it's English language patch. Kind of tempted to check out the game to figure out why it's so popular.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom