• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

Grabbed HunieCam Studio from humble because of the lower price compared to the Summer sale + 10% discount from the monthly.
I really liked HuniePop, so I was expecting something enjoyable but 4 hours later the only thing I can say is, HunieCam is kind of shit.
It's a managerial clicker but it's really not all that fun. Too much clicking in too many different places with too many different timers.
I paid 1,81€ for it and I still feel like I overpaid.

Speaking of Falcom, I'm glad they finally announced Tokyo Xanadu for the west (and PC!) but now that there's a PS4 version with added content I'll have to wait and see if that comes over too. Hopefully it will, along with a PC port.

Speaking of Falcom, I'm glad they finally announced Tokyo Xanadu for the west (and PC!) but now that there's a PS4 version with added content I'll have to wait and see if that comes over too. Hopefully it will, along with a PC port.

I'm pretty disappointed we'll only be getting the vanilla version for now, but I'll probably buy both the Vita and PC versions so that maybe they'll bring over the new version as well. :/

Grabbed HunieCam Studio from humble because of the lower price compared to the Summer sale + 10% discount from the monthly.
I really liked HuniePop, so I was expecting something enjoyable but 4 hours later the only thing I can say is, HunieCam is kind of shit.
It's a managerial clicker but it's really not all that fun. Too much clicking in too many different places with too many different timers.
It can't be that bad!

Corpekata

Banned
I still hold my theory the Hunie devs are trolling their fans and seeing what bullshit they can make them put up with in the name of anime tits.

Messiah

Feels weird not having bought anything substantial in a big sale for the first time in forever.

Really looking forward to UNIEL next week. With that ArcSys only have one announced game left to release. Looking forward to what they are cooking up after that.

Feels weird not having bought anything substantial in a big sale for the first time in forever.

Really looking forward to UNIEL next week. With that ArcSys only have one announced game left to release. Looking forward to what they are cooking up after that.

I only bought Shadowrun Dragonfall. Invested a bit more in the PSN sales but not much, money is very tight.

data

Atleast you can get another 50 cents out of the cards.

Phinor

That's.. not what I'd prefer. Nothing against Sega (well that's not true..), but I have a feeling most Amplitude games aren't going to sell enough to justify their existence under Sega and changes will happen sooner or later. Good for the Amplitude people though if this is what they wanted, short term financial security for long term unknowns. Then again I thought they were doing pretty well financially so who knows why they did this in the first place.

Lain

It can't be that bad!

The music is OK and the UI isn't too shabby.

I found the game more annoying than fun in its mechanics. You start by picking a girl from the starting 3. You have to build up fans to be able to make money from the girl doing cam work. How all this work is: you drag the girl to the photo building, then either you wait for the timer to end by itself, or you click on the building to speed it up. Once the task is complete, you have to gather the resources (fans in case of the photo session building, money from the cam whoring, talent from the stripper joint etc) by clicking. You can keep the mouse button pressed instead of clicking.
Now, one of the first thing which isn't fun is the fact that gathering resources makes it so the timer stops dropping down, so if you have 3 girls doing cam-whoring, once the first one finishes, you can't speed up the rest until the money is all gathered and that's boring. It's doubly boring when each click picks up 1$ or takes off 1 minute. You can upgrade it, but it's still slow starting out.

The girls have stress levels. You begin with each action only building up a little stress, but pretty quickly each cam session will push 25% stress on the nice girls. Drinkers and smokers gain less stress, but you gotta go and buy booze and cigarettes, an action which also builds up stress (the accessory system, needed to add fetishes for the girls, helps with this, but just like everything else it requires time and clicking). Once the stress is 100% the girls won't do anything else until you've left them in the SPA for a while. Since stress is always going up you're always going to have girls in the SPA at some point, while some are buying shit and others are cam-whoring and you can only speed up the completion of 1 task which is hindered by the resource gathering (money/fans/booze/cigarettes/style/talent).
Add the time-based nature of the game (you have 22? in-game days to reach between 5k and 50k fans), the slow pickup rate for the game to get going and I found myself scrambling to click left and right, trying to manage having enough money to pay the girls at the end of the day vs having enough money to invest in upgrades to be able to make more money (supposedly you can go in the red only once, if you're still in the red twice consecutively, you're out).

With HuniePop, I found the base game itself fun with the added dating humorous. With HunieCam is the base game which I'm not finding fun.

The music is OK and the UI isn't too shabby.

I found the game more annoying than fun in its mechanics. You start by picking a girl from the starting 3. You have to build up fans to be able to make money from the girl doing cam work. How all this work is: you drag the girl to the photo building, then either you wait for the timer to end by itself, or you click on the building to speed it up. Once the task is complete, you have to gather the resources (fans in case of the photo session building, money from the cam whoring, talent from the stripper joint etc) by clicking. You can keep the mouse button pressed instead of clicking.
Now, one of the first thing which isn't fun is the fact that gathering resources makes it so the timer stops dropping down, so if you have 3 girls doing cam-whoring, once the first one finishes, you can't speed up the rest until the money is all gathered and that's boring. It's doubly boring when each click picks up 1$ or takes off 1 minute. You can upgrade it, but it's still slow starting out.

The girls have stress levels. You begin with each action only building up a little stress, but pretty quickly each cam session will push 25% stress on the nice girls. Drinkers and smokers gain less stress, but you gotta go and buy booze and cigarettes, an action which also builds up stress (the accessory system, needed to add fetishes for the girls, helps with this, but just like everything else it requires time and clicking). Once the stress is 100% the girls won't do anything else until you've left them in the SPA for a while. Since stress is always going up you're always going to have girls in the SPA at some point, while some are buying shit and others are cam-whoring and you can only speed up the completion of 1 task which is hindered by the resource gathering (money/fans/booze/cigarettes/style/talent).
Add the time-based nature of the game (you have 22? in-game days to reach between 5k and 50k fans), the slow pickup rate for the game to get going and I found myself scrambling to click left and right, trying to manage having enough money to pay the girls at the end of the day vs having enough money to invest in upgrades to be able to make more money (supposedly you can go in the red only once, if you're still in the red twice consecutively, you're out).

With HuniePop, I found the base game itself fun with the added dating humorous. With HunieCam is the base game which I'm not finding fun.
I appreciate the write-up, maybe I could get some fun out of it as a time passer.

Midn1ght

Got :

The Walking Dead Season 2
Octodad: Dadliest Catch
Hotline Miami 2
Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered
Undertale
Proteus
Castle of Illusion
The Stanley Parable
A Boy and His Blob
I am Bread
The Silent Age
Toby: The Secret Mine
Refunct
System Shock Enhanced
Always Sometimes Monsters

I also unlocked 27 cards I think and could not manage to complete the badge. Had no idea I had to complete it before the sale ends :(

oxenfree_2016_07_05_07iupu.png
GUD
GRAFICS

I think there's only been one and it's been updated a lot?

idk, the one I played was godawful but also a blast with friends

just looked up the one I played, it had a free weekend and it was called ORION: Dino Horde. There was a lot of shady stuff so I wouldn't recommend buying it.
There are just two as far as I know, the original one and the new project that's broken up into various modules they're supposed to be developing, with the end goal being to evolve it into some kind of Destiny-ish thing (with dinosaurs, in space). I think the first one got a name change at some point along the line, and gradually evolved from "unplayable mess" to "janky but fun".
Alright, thank you both.

Pachimari

If I can get myself away from that GreenArcade stream of Tekken 7, I hope to complete Limbo today. It has been a great experience so far. I also want to complete that one mission in Mafia that I am stuck in, but I think there's a glitch that won't allow me to progress. And Wolfenstein: The New Order's story has been very compelling so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom