• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
have I said Ghost 1.0 is fantastic?

because it is

bigzgod

fCbi49O.gif

use some cheats, just play for the story, its the best part. DO IT FOR THE PRINNIES!!

Fire Emblem Fates > Disgaea

Even Prinny knows it considering how often he bugs me about borrowing my SE

Fire Emblem Fates > Disgaea

Even Prinny knows it considering how often he bugs me about borrowing my SE

OBJECTION!!
I only bug you about that game cause I haven't played it. why would i bug you about borrowing any version of disgaea if i own em all already?

However I'll be honest. Disgaea 4>>>>Fire Emblem Awakening>Disgaea 1

redlacs

steam is slow. gaf is slow.
at least the speedruns are fast. looking forward to Boson X tomorrow. had great time with that game but watching someone doing it in 10 minutes will be even more great

Pakkidis

I can't seem to post reviews. I click submit review and it just hangs forever......

Enhanced steam also has problems loading as well.

Pachimari

Finally progressed from that night farm mission in Mafia, that wouldn't let me progress even though I had done what the objective told me to. So that's nice. Also progressed in Limbo and hope to have it beaten today.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
and done with Ghost 1.0 at 11 hours, didnt really look for secrets or anything (as I rarely do with these games. Highly recomended if youre a fan of the genre.

Hey remember when we barely had any of these games around a few years ago, especially on PC? Metroidvanias, fighting games and JRPGs a plenty these days, what a time for PC.

I can't seem to post reviews. I click submit review and it just hangs forever......

Enhanced steam also has problems loading as well.

I run into this issue very often.
Try cutting a few paragraphs from your review, then hit submit. Once you cut enough away, then it should post.

Afterwards you can go edit the review to paste the missing text.

Sch1sm

What to do if you win something, but turns out you own it already? Due note I entered while on mobile.

Nuke the key in a ModBot message and give it away again.

Format as follows:

Code:
Subject: nuke
Body: game key, the one you get in the win message

Turfster

Wait so the temporary ban that was revoked for the gambling shenanigans site was by an "overzealous volunteer moderator" and was "a mistake fixed by another moderator"?

Wok

Haven Moon, the Myst-like game made by a French fan, will be released on Steam this Friday for 15 dollars. I think the price is just right: it is the normal price of realMyst: Masterpiece edition and Haven Moon feels like the same kind of game.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/493720/

I hope the aliasing is not too strong, the trailer does not do justice to the game (I hope).

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Defenders of the Last Colony -- MB-D548460D1F3464D3 - Taken by voodooray

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Wait so the temporary ban that was revoked for the gambling shenanigans site was by an "overzealous volunteer moderator" and was "a mistake fixed by another moderator"?

Yes. It seems the intention of the link blocker on Steam is only to block malicious sites (aka, sites that spread malware) and not scams.

Grief.exe

Gamersyde Review : Furi Includes gameplay videos as well.

Verdict
Furi is undeniably an incredibly well-crafted game, where gameplay is almost flawless and mechanics are particularly innovating. It's above all a game where skills are required and patterns must be learned and understood in order to complete. Provided you give yourself the means, it's also a very gratifying experience and we have loved every single second of it. With its great soundtrack and art style, the only reason that could keep you away from the game is its genre itself, as not everyone enjoys boss fighters, but as it will be offered on PS+ tomorrow, console owners should definitely give it a try. As for PC gamers, it is still worth a buy if you like a challenge as it should take you more than 10 hours to complete.

Furi looks so good, I barely even bought games during the Summer Sale since I'm so overloaded.

SEGA making moves...

That just sounds weird.

Sega has been doubling down on the platform for a long time now.

Xater

Haven Moon, the Myst-like game made by a French fan, will be released on Steam this Friday for 15 dollars. I think the price is just right: it is the normal price of realMyst: Masterpiece edition and Haven Moon feels like the same kind of game.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/493720/

I hope the aliasing is not too strong, the trailer does not do justice to the game (I hope).

That looks cool. I shall add it to my too long wishlist of things to get once I buy my PC....

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
That's... not a good look there, guys.

Agreed. Also strange that sites like G2A are blocked, yet this is their justification.

Grief.exe

Yes. It seems the intention of the link blocker on Steam is only to block malicious sites (aka, sites that spread malware) and not scams.

Agreed. Also strange that sites like G2A are blocked, yet this is their justification.

Is it a scam though?

I know it's in a legal gray area and morally bankrupt service, but technically it doesn't scam its users outright and steal their money.
You could argue it implicitly does this through the act of gambling, but the end user agrees to that liability as soon as they click accept.

G2A on the other hand often sells stolen keys to its users, which historical precedent has shown to cause Steam keys being revoked from its users down the line.

I haven't dug into this beyond a surface level, so I could easily change my opinion.

jshackles

Is it a scam though?

I know it's in a legal gray area and morally bankrupt service, but technically it doesn't scam its users outright and steal their money.
You could argue it implicitly does this through the act of gambling, but the end user agrees to that liability as soon as they click accept.

G2A on the other hand often sells stolen keys to its users, which historical precedent has shown to cause Steam keys being revoked from its users down the line.

I haven't dug into this beyond a surface level, so I could easily change my opinion.

The "scam" part of this fiasco comes in because it turns out the owner of the gambling site in question is also a well-known Youtuber that does videos promoting his own site by "winning big" - all without disclosing his ownership of said site. While it's entirely possible they're on the up-and-up and his videos are only done with him winning legitimately, the presumption is that the system is "fixed" so that he can make a bunch of videos of him winning big on the site, thus attracting more attention on Youtube, thus attracting more publicity to his gambling site. Meaning everyone else in that betting pool had a 0% chance of winning and got scammed.

(at least, that is my understanding)

Annubis

The "scam" part of this fiasco comes in because it turns out the owner of the gambling site in question is also a well-known Youtuber that does videos promoting his own site by "winning big" - all without disclosing his ownership of said site. While it's entirely possible they're on the up-and-up and his videos are only done with him winning legitimately, the presumption is that the system is "fixed" so that he can make a bunch of videos of him winning big on the site, thus attracting more attention on Youtube, thus attracting more publicity to his gambling site. Meaning everyone else in that betting pool had a 0% chance of winning and got scammed.

Yeah, but the innocent until proven guilty means that you can't ban them now.
Valve could be hit by a counter lawsuit since they are all innocent currently.

Xater

Yes, that's the scam part of the whole ordeal. Videos even show him logging into the site's bots so it's very likely it happened.

Oh, I swear you often post them i thought you worked there, my bad.
Haha, true. I enjoy Gamersyde's focus on high-quality footage and just do my part in spreading the love ;)
5 hours in and I haven't figured out the 'repetitiveness' issue w/ Mad Max.

Then I looked at the map. Jesus, this could be a problem.
That can be an issue, no question. Advise you mix up missions types. Helped me have a blast of +40hrs without any fatigue.
Oh my, thank you very much. One of the two games of the monthly besides KR0 who got my attention. Hope I qualify for MG but I have my doubts.
Browsed the overclock forums for a bit and found a person who poked the sides of their 60$ mouse with a soldering iron, the end result is...

well I'll let you see for yourself.

warning you, though.

900x900px-LL-e42eafb2_mMBaULK.png
zll6M.gif

First thing I thought of.

Grief.exe

That action is most likely illegal on top of being immoral, but I don't think that would render the service itself a scam.

Stuck at Jury Duty right now but is FURI a game like Devil May Cry? It looks like it might have combat similar to it.

I'll check it out when I get home or I may bum it off my roommate who has PS+.

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Magma Tsunami -- MB-D4D697BC3D49D56C - Taken by Camel Master

For the karma

Rhaknar

humble android 14 will add games today right?

Hektor

In Total Biscuit's video those sections looked stylish af.

Well, the entire game is sylish. But those sections make me not want to replay the game after i unlock the highest difficulty.

Was going to check out this game tonight since it was free on PS4. Is it any good?

The fights are really fun and it's quite challenging. Altho the music is a bit mixed. Sometimes a bit to slow for the bossfights.

But yea, you certainly should give it a try.

Rhaknar

is there a way to make it so steam doesnt leech all my bandwith when its downloading games? I mean I apreciate the speed and all but not that it makes everything else unusable in the meantime >_>

Ruruja

is there a way to make it so steam doesnt leech all my bandwith when its downloading games? I mean I apreciate the speed and all but not that it makes everything else unusable in the meantime >_>

Have you checked Settings > Downloads? I mean you clearly haven't.

Rhaknar

Have you checked Settings > Downloads? I mean you clearly haven't.

I have not. In fact I havent really messed around with any steam options. I apologize for my apparent super offensive time wasting question that you wasted about as much time being snarky about it as you would have just saying "yes there is, go here:"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom