• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

Man, Shadwen is still fucking rough.
And I'm not talking about the wonky animations or the npcs getting stuck on walls, I'm talking about random highlights "sticking" for a whole fucking level...

You need to construct your grappling hook at the start by gathering elements, and it tells you to "drag the found objects to the schematics", but if you don't have all of them, it'll just reset it every time.

Xater

Well, the entire game is sylish. But those sections make me not want to replay the game after i unlock the highest difficulty.

Wait they are not skippable after you have already seen them? How does someone make a game like this? Should be a no brainer to include a skip option for replayability.

mp1990

Banned
Cheesecake would be proud of me

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (mp1990, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Kentucky Route Zero -- MB-35E46113326846EC - Taken by Jadax. 10 entrants total.

t1467735746z1.png

AHA-Lambda

Idk, nothing I can really grasp on to. I didn't hate it but I didn't find it particularly impressive after all the praise either :/

If I want to be picky, only real thing I can say is I found it difficult to follow how or even why
the ghosts are able to move people and objects around in time? Or why they insist on playing games with the kids?

Kinda felt like something you just accept rather than is explained, like the
game repeating at the end or that your character just somehow got out of being sealed in with the ghosts

Lain

3 hours in and Ghost 1.0 keeps being great, although I found a weird bug. I'm not sure what triggers it, maybe it's because of the Steam overlay, since it happened twice some time after I brought up the overlay to look at some achievement I unlocked?
This bug turns menus unresponsive (can't scroll through them nor select anything). I can exit them by pressing ESC, so I don't get stuck in there but I can't save/teleport at the save points. I can use the Save&Quit option from hitting ESC once (the options sub-menu doesn't work though) and I have to quit the game completely and restart it to get it to work correctly again.
Time to dive into the steam thread to check if someone else encountered the same issue and if there's a solution or a reason for it.

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Hey SteamGAF. I made some last minute Steam sale purchases yesterday and I have the day off today so going to set up a couple more giveaways:) Here's this for now though...

Stardew Valley Giveaway
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dupy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Stardew Valley -- MB-3033C87275C41981 - Taken by SilentMatthew. 20 entrants total.

t1467735794z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
3 hours in and Ghost 1.0 keeps being great, although I found a weird bug. I'm not sure what triggers it, maybe it's because of the Steam overlay, since it happened twice some time after I brought up the overlay to look at some achievement I unlocked?
This bug turns menus unresponsive (can't scroll through them nor select anything). I can exit them by pressing ESC, so I don't get stuck in there but I can't save/teleport at the save points. I can use the Save&Quit option from hitting ESC once (the options sub-menu doesn't work though) and I have to quit the game completely and restart it to get it to work correctly again.
Time to dive into the steam thread to check if someone else encountered the same issue and if there's a solution or a reason for it.

I finished it and never had that bug :(

Xater

I bought Stardew during the sale and it's a great game. It's so good it puts any harvest Moon to shame. Really impressive from one guy.

sheaaaa

SteamWorld Heist is hard as fuck on the higher difficulties. Really turning me off the game so I think I'm going to turn it down. Needed something light to cool off after finishing Dark Souls 3 and so far it's not doing it for me.

Turfster

Idk, nothing I can really grasp on to. I didn't hateful but I didn't find it particularly impressive after all the praise either.

Only other thing I can say is I found it difficult to follow how or even why
the ghosts are able to move people and objects around in time? Or why they insist on playing games?
Kinda felt like something you just accept than is explained, like the
game repeating at the end or that your character just somehow got out of being sealed in with the ghosts
Fair enough,
I don't think that first one was explicitly stated, but
since they're uncoupled from our reality by the implosion of their nuclear reactor and taken outside of our normal dimensions, and time and space are just dimensions, they can shift things around easily from the 'outside'?
There's more ending options than that, btw.

AHA-Lambda

Fair enough,
I don't think that first one was explicitly stated, but
since they're uncoupled from our reality by the implosion of their nuclear reactor and taken outside of our normal dimensions, and time and space are just dimensions, they can shift things around easily from the 'outside'?
There's more ending options than that, btw.

Yeah that's kinda what I thought :/

Didn't know about the other ending stuff though! Well apart from
giving them Cassandra
but I wasn't going to do that

Hey SteamGAF. I made some last minute Steam sale purchases yesterday and I have the day off today so going to set up a couple more giveaways:) Here's this for now though...

Stardew Valley Giveaway

Great giveaway Dupy! Good luck to whoever wins. Came so close to triggering the purchase button on this myself during the sale.

Dupy

Here you go, longer raffle this time to let more people enter...

AAA Game Giveaway
ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dupy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Alien: Isolation -- MB-45B947D3CEFC9C87 - Taken by Last Baron. 16 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt -- MB-6F90103F94B0CB2E - Taken by pantsattack. 40 entrants total.

t1467746722z1.png

MadGear

Does anyone know what can cause the "Steam Client WebHelper" to suddenly use up all of the available bandwidth upon launching a game? I had this happen a couple of times already with CS:GO. The odd thing is that this one out of three processes doesn't seem to stop transferring data no matter how long I wait and the only way to fix it is to kill the process and wait for it to relaunch. What is that process even supposed to do when in-game? Syncing workshop items?

Ludens

Banned

Stardew Valley Giveaway

Wow, missed it. For a reason or another I always miss your giveaways, but thanks for the generosity.

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
Here you go, longer raffle this time to let more people enter...

AAA Game Giveaway

Wish I could erase Witcher 3 from my steam library and memory, so I'd be able to experience it again. Superb game and awesome giveaway!

Is A:I good? Can't remember buying it but it's in my library.

So what are the entry requirements for becoming a part of the Steam community thread? Enjoyed the banter and discussion in the Steam Sale thread and thought I would follow everyone back.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of kagamin, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (kagamin, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sonicomi -- MB-305E6304AA7FAFE0 - Taken by Soulflarz. 50 entrants total.

t1467741068z1.png

Dupy

Also cross posting my Halo giveaway from the "Free to a good home" thread. Check it out here. It's technically not a Steam game but figure people around here would be interested.

Yakkue

Stardew Valley Giveaway

Incredibly generous of you, Stardew Valley is definitely among my GOTY.

Ruruja

I have not. In fact I havent really messed around with any steam options. I apologize for my apparent super offensive time wasting question that you wasted about as much time being snarky about it as you would have just saying "yes there is, go here:"

I thought it might come across snarky. I didn't mean it that way. I was just answering my own question, which was obvious (or you'd have seen the option).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom