• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

what should i play tonight

south park stick of truth (got to the alien ship then kinda lost interest)
prison architect (going through the campaign and love it)
child of light (haven't started)
remember me (haven't started)
kingdoms of amalur (about 5 hours in, really like it surprisingly but starting to experience side quest burnout)

sp. at least get through the first day.

sp. at least get through the first day.

true i should probably finish that up first

it's just I really enjoyed the game until I realized basically all of the side quests were odd fetch quests. kinda sucks considering how short the game is

Sorry to be a little off-topic, but:

- How many Orion games (that futuristic thing with dinosaurs) there are (or were)?

- What were the many titles changes?

- What is the release order for these titles?

- What is the chronologic order (timeline)?

- How many Orion games (that futuristic thing with dinosaurs) there are (or were)?

I think there's only been one and it's been updated a lot?

idk, the one I played was godawful but also a blast with friends

just looked up the one I played, it had a free weekend and it was called ORION: Dino Horde. There was a lot of shady stuff so I wouldn't recommend buying it.

Tellaerin

There are just two as far as I know, the original one and the new project that's broken up into various modules they're supposed to be developing, with the end goal being to evolve it into some kind of Destiny-ish thing (with dinosaurs, in space). I think the first one got a name change at some point along the line, and gradually evolved from "unplayable mess" to "janky but fun".

bakeray

Hexcells Complete Pack
Squarecells
Child of Light
Hotline Miami 2
Brutal Legend
English Country Tune
The Long Dark
Lovely Planet
Hyper Light Drifter

was a light sale for me, but got good value. will tide me over till fall.

Yakkue

what should i play tonight

south park stick of truth (got to the alien ship then kinda lost interest)
prison architect (going through the campaign and love it)
child of light (haven't started)
remember me (haven't started)
kingdoms of amalur (about 5 hours in, really like it surprisingly but starting to experience side quest burnout)

Why not go with Prison Architect? You seem to enjoy it the most right now :)

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
What have I been doing with my life before now? I just played through about half (?) of Ys I in one sitting and I am hooked. How I overlooked this series for so long is just beyond me. The music is great (and apparently the later ones are even better), and the gameplay is fresh and exciting. Once you have the handle of it the bumping is really cool. Can't wait to play though the rest of this, then Ys II and then play Ys Origins and the rest.

Tizoc

They are speedrunning wolfenstein the new order over st twitch.tv now
They speedrun dishonored before that which ended around15 mnutes ago

Yakkue

What have I been doing with my life before now? I just played through about half (?) of Ys I in one sitting and I am hooked. How I overlooked this series for so long is just beyond me. The music is great (and apparently the later ones are even better), and the gameplay is fresh and exciting. Once you have the handle of it the bumping is really cool. Can't wait to play though the rest of this, then Ys II and then play Ys Origins and the rest.

What difficulty are you playing on? The Ys games are really hard to put down once you've started. I should start the next one soon too..

Nabs

Good shit. I hope you also picked up Felghana.

image.php

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
What difficulty are you playing on? The Ys games are really hard to put down once you've started. I should start the next one soon too..

Playing on Normal. Decent challenge so far. Thankfully the grinding is so quick that I can have been able to easily earn enough money to afford better armor and weapons when I need them. The bosses can be quite tricky.

Good shit. I hope you also picked up Felghana.

I only have Ys I+II and Origins atm. By the time I get though those it will probably be about time for the winter sale haha! You can bet your bottom dollar that I will be looking out for the rest of the series though.

Dr.Acula

Banned

They should have never killed bumping :(

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of kagamin, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (kagamin, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sonicomi -- MB-305E6304AA7FAFE0 - Taken by Soulflarz. 50 entrants total.

t1467741068z1.png

Grief.exe

I'm really happy that Spike Chunsoft seems to be going all in with their steam releases. Hope that tri-ace game comes over too.

Aksys seems to have turned around, too, with Tokyo Xanadu/Tokyo Twilight Ghosts Hunters (something like that AFAIK)

Can't wait to see the next announcements from SEGA/Capcom.

Oh, and i didn't buy anything this sale. Really happy with myself. My backlog is already huge as it is. :)

Keep an eye on Vanillaware too, they seem to be ready for ports.

Lomax

Well HunieCam is definitely not in the same league as HuniePop, but it's okay for a clicker game. Made almost half the cost back from the card drops though which is the first time that's happened in a long while.

And Super Mega Baseball is amazing.

Phinor

Anyone know why quantum break is $44.99 on the US Win10 store but €52 whereas gears of wars converts correctly?

Well the reason is Xbox One, if you want a reason. AAA Console games are still $59.99 in US, while they have increased price to 69.99-74.99€ in Europe. Microsoft sure as hell isn't going to undercut their console business so all their full price games in Windows Store/Windows 10 will be 70-75€ in Europe. That in turn makes them the most expensive games on the platform and that will limit their already small buyer base even more. Windows 10 games are barely selling any copies and the price is just one of the insults thrown at us.

At least they can mask their sales in the future thanks to the buy one-get both platforms initiative.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Tizoc, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 13 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Rocket Knight -- MB-0003835A981EC4CE - Taken by Benedict. 5 entrants total.
Transformers: Devastation -- MB-65071E9DB9C42CC9 - Taken by TheAutomator. 40 entrants total.
Dungeon of the Endless: Crystal Pack -- MB-17143442AD60138D - Taken by Ludens. 13 entrants total. - Taken by Anno. 8 entrants total.
The Legend of Dark Witch -- MB-93D8D9C3ABC3CC35 - Taken by Kurt Russell. 5 entrants total.
A Boy and his Blob -- MB-6E3787D6DB74F30B - Taken by Tellaerin. 2 entrants total.
Strider -- MB-6BD2214862FD5800
Paint it back -- MB-36C6B53160D5E2B8 - Taken by oipic. 14 entrants total.
Kathy Rain -- MB-F307E22E46000253 - Taken by Nabs. 17 entrants total.
Wasted -- MB-221537FEF281380C - Taken by EdmondD. 2 entrants total.
Keep talking and nobody explodes -- MB-02974D1207465B75 - Taken by Kagemusha. 9 entrants total.
Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara -- MB-FBC8C14910B8CB1D - Taken by Sarcasm. 9 entrants total.
Aviary Attorney -- MB-3914CC0AC1025AD6 - Taken by Arthea. 28 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Lost Planet 3 -- MB-BD4067918E8DD322 - Taken by Glitchesarecool. 4 entrants total.

t1467746522z1.png

Quantum Break is 25% off on the Windows Store in case anyone is interested.
I deleted it to make space for other games, how "fixed" is the game now?
Well HunieCam is definitely not in the same league as HuniePop, but it's okay for a clicker game. Made almost half the cost back from the card drops though which is the first time that's happened in a long while.

And Super Mega Baseball is amazing.
Good thing that HB store's price was half that of steam's, I wonder if it's changed now.

Tizoc

I really hope we see EDF 4.1 on Steam soon, I nearly bought it in the PS4 sales a few times now, holding strong so far.

This isn't on PC but a quick shoutout to the Falcom game Brandish on PSP/Vita, it's absolutely superb from what I've played of it so far.
Actually the original brandish was releaed on jp pc systems the the remake is releaed on psp.
I do hope we get the psp on steam someday shouldnt be too hard to port seeing as we got psp games on steam already

zkylon

zkylewd
really close to giving up on disgaea

it's just not a very good game and i feel my time's worth more than this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom