• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

After more than 1 year, WoW updated and sub re-activated. Now the song and dance with updating all the mods, because I took a look with them off and I was lost. Even with some updates, the basic UI in WoW still sucks but at least I started making space in my bags because finally they have a transmog system closer to D3 and not the abomination they had before.

Buraindo

Does Murdered Soul Suspect have any redeeming qualities? Thinking about giving it a go.

I thought it was okay. Nothing outstanding but not terrible either.
The plot's all right I suppose and the gameplay's all fairly straightforward. Stealth sections aren't too bad save for maybe one or two encounters
The game has far too much collectible garbage, it's all optional if I remember correctly so you may want to avoid bothering for the most part beyond the ones that are pretty much in your way and side investigations. Expect to run around a lot.
I wouldn't say you'd be missing much by not playing it but I thought it was enjoyable enough to beat at least.

kagamin

My Code: VFD party is shaping up nicely, so far I have me, Sch1sm, Bigzgod, Ana, NightmareTrigger, and InfiniteNine. I wonder who I'll add next...

So... I finally tried out King Arthur 2, a game I won from modbot a while back. (Thanks jshackles!) King Arthur 1 was a really fun Total War-alike that brought might & magic into the mix with Arthurian fantasy and text adventure stuff; ended up being a really fun game. King Arthur 2, however, is a technical mess that's nigh unplayable. The load times alone are unbearable, bordering 3+ minutes from desktop to menu, then again when entering/exiting the campaign map. Which you will be doing a lot. And then the performance crushes any fun out of whatever remains, with anything but the lowest settings killing performance on a 970--and even then, it's uneven. There is no joy, fun, or even entertainment to be had with it.

King Arthur 1 was a cool game so this breaks my heart. Like, Total Warhammer brings a lot of what KA1 introduced and polishes it, such as magic and asymmetrical factions, but it is still missing KA1's cooler ideas; namely text adventure segments, deeper RPG elements, customisation options, and story, and a much more in-depth campaign. There's still plenty in the series that Creative Assembly could look to for inspiration (or heck, anyone). Thea: The Awakening is the only other game I can think of mixing traditional gameplay with text adventure segments--though in Thea's case, it's 4X/text adventure.

I should mention that Total Warhammer is shaping up to bring a lot more to the table if the leaks are right. Though it's going to cost a pretty penny thanks to the licenses involved.

I can't believe a game made with fucking RPG maker invoked so much emotions from me....seriously can't get To The Moon out of my mind. That last half of the game was a goddamn roller-coaster. Haven't felt this way since playing the Last of Us for the first time and even then I think To The Moon got much more out of me.

Card Boy

Banned
Does Murdered Soul Suspect have any redeeming qualities? Thinking about giving it a go.

+ It's short (which is great if you have a massive backlog)
+ Central story is decent enough to keep you entertained
+ Good atmosphere
+ Run well on PC (i hear the console versions are a disaster)

Its negatives which i saw are

- Pointless enemy system (game could of being done without demons)
- Character faces are not that great sort of NPC level type shit.
- Gameplay presents very little challenge
- Afew glaring plot holes
- If using the controller the mouse cursor tends to sometimes go in the center of the screen between cutscenes which annoyed me

The game is no where near as bad as the 59 metacritic score makes it out to be. It deserves another 10 points at least.

Parsnip

I think it's decent. The stealth stuff hate is a bit overblown I find. They are a bit pointless for the game, but easy enough to not really pose any kind of obstacle.

Ascheroth

What kind of game is God Eater?

It's a fast-food-eating arcade action game.
You travel the world on your quest to find the best fast food restaurants in existence to conquer their bigger and bigger burgers in intense munching showdowns so that you may become worthy of the title of the 'one who ate everything', the God Eater!

Nah, it's a hunting game.

Ludens

Banned
So I have a strange issue with Idlemaster. Basically yesterday I was idling a bunch of games, I quitted Idlemaster and played Hitman, but a card for Tyler popped out even if Idlemaster wasn't running.
Now I'm idling three games, and again a Tyler card popped out, but Tyler is not one of the games I'm idling. How is this possible?

Femix Wright?

Nope, totally not a Phoenix Wright wannabe.
ss_e23028d885e69ffb30b4e399df3c3d642ce53146.1920x1080.jpg

ss_8146c71f95026252cbfc2a8c1a2115b06022f8c5.1920x1080.jpg

Deques

It is monster hunter-like

It's a fast-food-eating arcade action game.
You travel the world on your quest to find the best fast food restaurants in existence to conquer their bigger and bigger burgers in intense munching showdowns so that you may become worthy of the title of the 'one who ate everything', the God Eater!

Nah, it's a hunting game.

Watched a review, and it seems not really my kind of game

Have a dumb Steam question:

So I wiped clean my SSD and reinstalled Windows since after installing my new 1070, The Witcher 3 would not launch. Did that and it's working great now but I've got a different issue now. I had installed Doom on my secondary hard drive and I left that alone, so the game is still installed there.

How can I get Steam to recognize that Doom is already on my secondary hard drive? When I fire up Steam on my SSD, it's showing I should install Doom, so how can I point Steam to Doom on my secondary hard drive where it's already installed?

Some dude on reddit was giving away a Humble key for Battleborn so... I own Battleborn now. Will check it out once I have some free bandwidth to download it.

So I wiped clean my SSD and reinstalled Windows since after installing my new 1070, The Witcher 3 would not launch. Did that and it's working great now but I've got a different issue now. I had installed Doom on my secondary hard drive and I left that alone, so the game is still installed there.

How can I get Steam to recognize that Doom is already on my secondary hard drive? When I fire up Steam on my SSD, it's showing I should install Doom, so how can I point Steam to Doom on my secondary hard drive where it's already installed?

Steam Settings -> Downloads -> Steam Library Folders.

You can set different directories for your Steam game installations. I'm not sure if it will pick up your existing installation though. Maybe try making a Steam backup of Doom and reinstalling it when you've chosen the directory properly.

Arthea

steam client -> settings -> steam library folders

edited: dammit spindoctor!

In Properties you can choose multiple Steam library folders.

haendeul

I think you should start the installation in Steam and point it to the folder where it's already installed. Steam should start reading the files that are already there and download any files that might be missing.

Or see above ^

Cant you just do this yourself? Afaik there are people buying a normal GPU, then building something to connect that as an external GPU to their Laptop.
I believe you that hobbyists have done similar things but the idea of a plug&play, external-HDD-enclosure-like GPU case sounds more convenient.

It was a mess but supposedly the "Ultimate Cut" makes a lot more sense.

Yeah, no, not really. Never saw the Theatrical but the Ultimate was still pretty baffling.

A reminder: you should buy Aviary Attorney

I've had that one on my wishlist forever. Looks really good. Is it a genuinely good game or just kind of a joke though?

EDIT:

also im just gonna stick my head ocassionally to piss hardcastlemccormick. this place changed a lot, i'll just leave it at that

s' cool

edit: I underlined where the joke is jic

mcgonagall.jpg

I'm not the only one that read this as Regenia Nope right

Actually, the first name is Regeria. And no, the H in Hope is pretty clear to read.

Okay, so it's a Phoenix Wright-like. There's nothing wrong with clones per se. If they have original cases, written well, then great. If the cases are similar to the ones in the AA games, that's when people can cry foul. We'll also have to see how serious this game takes itself: after all, the AA games were so wacky and self-aware that by the time Phoenix called a robot to the stand in AA5, Edgeworth didn't even contest it by that point, citing all the stuff they'd done in the past. I don't think anyone would want to play a "serious" lawyer game. Maybe I'm wrong.

Edit: Wait, WHAT?

Don't like a character? You can throw them under the bus. Just be sure you're ready to watch them hang.

They say this sort of thing would have a ripple effect in later games. Um...don't you think the ripple there would be that NOBODY would hire you as a lawyer anymore?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 13 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

ReignMaker -- MB-AAE7C82A22355821 - Taken by voodooray
Scapeland -- MB-D351A5EFB7D20F7D - Taken by darkchewie
RePete -- MB-E0CAA93B73B99DA5 - Taken by Purkake4
Demented -- MB-37F155A45B784102 - Taken by madjoki
Road Madness -- MB-08E1404924A42FAC - Taken by fuzzy123
Spellblast -- MB-3009900848376224 - Taken by bobnowhere
Violet: Space Mission -- MB-F2392F2DD0EC3E66 - Taken by ExoSoul
Techwars Online -- MB-2E5B869434AC5B01 - Taken by fifasnipe2224
North -- MB-DC00A1DEF6819777 - Taken by Eila
Calibre 10 Racing -- MB-393EC86A558CDB29 - Taken by Arthea
Starsphere -- MB-C7AA9FABC07F40E8 - Taken by Henry Swanson
Boxlife -- MB-526996ABD8A36581 - Taken by OmarYusaf
The Dreamatorium of Dr. Magnus 2 -- MB-A7D9B0B1E53035CE - Taken by someguyinahat

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Yo jshackles when will u be doing the charity stream thing for. Last time?

Typically Extra Life happens in November - this year it's on November 5th.

I suppose it's about time for me to start getting ready for that, getting sponserships in place, deciding on prizes, and picking out what games I'm going to be playing.

Typically Extra Life happens in November - this year it's on November 5th.

I suppose it's about time for me to start getting ready for that, getting sponserships in place, deciding on prizes, and picking out what games I'm going to be playing.

Are there any criteria for the games? Like, they have to be relatively new games or ones you haven't played before, or what? Are you okay choosing older games if they're in your backlog, or are you showcasing 2016?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom