• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Are there any criteria for the games? Like, they have to be relatively new games or ones you haven't played before, or what? Are you okay choosing older games if they're in your backlog, or are you showcasing 2016?

There aren't any criteria for Extra Life itself, but for the past three years I've been doing this I use the following criteria for my live stream:
  • Must be on Steam
  • Must have released that year
  • Must have Steam achievements
  • Must be a game I haven't played (on PC)
The past few years I haven't had any troubles putting that list together, but I might end up breaking one or two of these rules (or at least the "this year" rule) before everything's said and done.

dex3108

That game looks really neat and I would love for it to come over one day.

Yeap i was right

OF0y6nR.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0iDzTnRpKo

D

Deleted member 144138

Unconfirmed Member
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (hannes, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Duke Nukem Forever -- MB-D1263AF30CA9A11F - Taken by Eila. 5 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
The Darkness II -- MB-179DEE6F7F0459FB - Taken by Dusk Golem. 6 entrants total.

t1469121637z1.png

Hektor

On the one hand: I really wanna play this game asap.

On the other hand: pc version is confirmed.

I mean seriously, after all those really successful ports SE could atleast throw us a bone and give an estimated releasedate of the port to ease my decision.

The way they treat pcgaming is becoming insulting at this point. This is NOT testing the waters anymore, all their big ports have been unquestionably successful, this is just them being a backwards company.

Glad to see Chime Sharp get out of EA.

Uninstalled Party Hard because I really wasn't feeling it's vibe and also kinda gross subject manner.

12 is Better Then 6 is really hitting those Hotline Miami addictive game play mechanic really hard and I like it.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Finished SOMA. Liked it, outside of the monster chases. More annoying than anything. In terms of story it's interesting, but there was a bit too much hyperbole around that. Some reactions mentioned that something like SOMA 'hadn't been done', but I don't see it as very original or groundbreaking. Still thought-provoking and mostly well told though. I disliked the voice acting in the beginning, but it got better as the game went on.

I hope this team focuses on what they're good at, and ditches the terrible and outdated monster mechanics for their next game.

Ludens

Banned
oh yeah, took forever to even find him!

I went near the target, set an explosion with the rubber duck, he went into the safe zone and I was here, shooting him in the face. Than I changed my disguise and I exited the level.
I do all elusives in the same way :D

I bought the new indiegala earlier today and I got an email from indiegala support telling me to use another paypal account because payment was not correct, but it was... :((((

Hope they fix it and I get my bundle.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Back in my hometown for a while, going through my old boxes of PC retail adventure games from the late 90s and early 00s. Surprising amount of them still aren't available on Steam. Also a lot of them seem to have different titles in every country.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_in_the_Abbey
Name: Murder in the Abbey, except in Spain, where it's called The Abbey
Developer: Alcahofa Soft
Publishers: Dreamcatcher Interactive, Crimson Cow

http://store.steampowered.com/app/313200/
Name: The Abbey
Developer: Crimson Cow
Publisher: Strategy First

Same game? Are you confident?

Edit: Is "Voyage: Inspired by Jules Verne" (developer: Kheops, publisher: The Adventure Company, date: 2005, called "Journey to the Moon" in the UK/AU) the same thing as "Voyage: Journey to the Moon" (Steam, developer Microids, publisher Microids, date: 2005) which has a header image that calls the game "Jules Verne's Journey to the Center of the Moon"? Who knows?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
BundleStars Build your own Genesis Bundle

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/promotions/sega-genesis-pick-mix

Good way to get both ToeJam & Earl games for cheap!

Thanks, that's the first time I've seen ToeJam & Earl cheap. Since I own everything else Sega has on Steam, I picked a few of my favorites to give away:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (jshackles, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Sonic CD -- MB-CE79763C0140DE4B - Taken by redlacs
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 -- MB-F994D253E6B45C11 - Taken by illusionary
Golden Axe -- MB-428738C93F73EEBD - Taken by Lashley

redlacs

Thanks, that's the first time I've seen ToeJam & Earl cheap. Since I own everything else Sega has on Steam, I picked a few of my favorites to give away:

believe it or not, i've never played anything featuring Sonic yet. it may or may not be because theres around millon sonic games and i didnt know where to start..? in any case, if you say that this one is good then its good time to change it. thanks!

AHA-Lambda

I went near the target, set an explosion with the rubber duck, he went into the safe zone and I was here, shooting him in the face. Than I changed my disguise and I exited the level.
I do all elusives in the same way :D

I actually hadn't been bothering with the elusives until now =/
Tried using explosives too but kinda messed up and got killed.

Idk if the others are like ths one but this one was not very flexible, he walks around in a circle, is never left alone or without being in proximity to others, and interacts with nothing.

Frankly, I don't see how you'd so it without explosives or sniping =/

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
I am giving away 21 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sonic CD -- MB-93D4C16C4CF4A77C - Taken by Natty1. 4 entrants total.
Nidhogg -- MB-AE836BFDCD94F759 - Taken by illusionary. 14 entrants total.
Star Drifter -- MB-09788394780C6FB6 - Taken by Hakkelus. 2 entrants total.
Raiden IV OverKill -- MB-F580B0A9505253FF - Taken by laserlaser. 10 entrants total.
ReignMaker -- MB-63A88B61AF0A3D25 - Taken by bobnowhere. 4 entrants total.
Calibre 10 Racing -- MB-E801FC075768DDE8 - Taken by redlacs. 1 entrants total.
Astral Breakers -- MB-33007DC5C787E1AD - Taken by ExoSoul. 2 entrants total.
Wooden Floor -- MB-1C309E206E1080F6 - Taken by fuzzy123. 1 entrants total.
On My Own -- MB-1F46EA1424CF4B9E - Taken by dave is ok. 1 entrants total.
Spelunky -- MB-A8AC5C8B9495A332 - Taken by Dr.Acula. 10 entrants total.
Shining Force II -- MB-7679663D6AF3CD14 - Taken by Lone_Prodigy. 5 entrants total.
Shining Force -- MB-6B55575220948A7F - Taken by KainXVIII. 5 entrants total.
Sid Meier's Pirates! Gold Plus -- MB-D5BB36FCE00DC261 - Taken by fenners. 8 entrants total.
Robot Roller Derby Disco Dodgeball -- MB-F8E509A4C2CCF65C - Taken by Jalal. 4 entrants total.
Grid Masters -- MB-2BD520BA99DFBA58 - Taken by OmarYusaf. 3 entrants total.
Marble Duel -- MB-EB69B8DAA1784F68 - Taken by TheMadMan007. 3 entrants total.
Envoy 2 -- MB-16DC935A18E2FA86 - Taken by Kuroyume. 2 entrants total.
Never Alone (Kisima Ingitchuna) -- MB-9528B670299433A0 - Taken by Sammichu. 7 entrants total.
Sisters Secrecy Arcanum Bloodlines -- MB-ABEE364303348A46 - Taken by Kifimbo. 1 entrants total.
boxlife -- MB-67717406E249B715 - Taken by chronomac. 3 entrants total.
Puzzle Galaxies -- MB-251E145E02AF485B - Taken by illusionary. 3 entrants total.

t1469126677z1.png

Tomasety

Back in my hometown for a while, going through my old boxes of PC retail adventure games from the late 90s and early 00s. Surprising amount of them still aren't available on Steam. Also a lot of them seem to have different titles in every country.

Edit: Is "Voyage: Inspired by Jules Verne" (developer: Kheops, publisher: The Adventure Company, date: 2005, called "Journey to the Moon" in the UK/AU) the same thing as "Voyage: Journey to the Moon" (Steam, developer Microids, publisher Microids, date: 2005) which has a header image that calls the game "Jules Verne's Journey to the Center of the Moon"? Who knows?

The abbey/Murder in the Abbey are the same game. Both of them were inspired by La Abadía del Crimen (Spectrum)

It appeared a recently fan made remake of La Abadía del Crimen on steam and it's F2P.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/474030

Tizoc

believe it or not, i've never played anything featuring Sonic yet. it may or may not be because theres around millon sonic games and i didnt know where to start..? in any case, if you say that this one is good then its good time to change it. thanks!

wot
There are dozens of them but it is easy to just start from the beginning :p
Grab Sonic 1, 2 3, and Knuckles.
Start with those games at least.

Sonic 3D Blast is a 3D Adventure Platformer and plays differently.
Sonic CD is more exploration oriented than the other games despite keeping the speedy aspects of the original games.

Oh I played that game, and really liked it. I got it off DotEmu's website though XP.

Aurablade

I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Aurablade, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Wonder Boy in Monster World -- MB-E9E7D648479598FA - Taken by Sammichu. 2 entrants total.
Vectorman -- MB-2DA9A39A3CEFE03F - Taken by illusionary. 1 entrants total.
Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom -- MB-CD7627CF974ACB95 - Taken by Hakkelus. 1 entrants total.
Virtua Fighter 2 -- MB-D8A83AB7098CB7D6 - Taken by laserlaser. 3 entrants total.
Ecco Jr. -- MB-8B057346895F282C - Taken by 73V3N. 2 entrants total.
Ecco the Dolphin -- MB-809E7CA447D15FA8 - Taken by data. 2 entrants total.
Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millennium -- MB-AAC43E9EB506FC0B - Taken by KainXVIII. 3 entrants total.
Vectorman 2 -- MB-B2752504F164D029 - Taken by ShogunX. 1 entrants total.
Dynamite Headdy -- MB-35CC384CE2EA27C9 - Taken by dickroach. 1 entrants total.

t1469128457z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom