• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHA-Lambda

so what DLC is worthwhile for Euro Truck Simulator 2?

I'm assuming ETS2 is still a better buy than American Truck Simulator at this point?

dex3108

exactly my thoughts. that would be awful! there should be at least some time in which you could regain your stolen account and "change your mind"

For example if you have younger brother and you piss him off he can delete your account. This is huge security issue in my opinion and Valve should make sure that it is not easy to do it.

So here is something interesting.

Been playing GTA V for the first time since launch times this week, finding that everything I did is not there anymore since Rockstar Social Club + Steam doesn't support cloud saving etc, just achievements. Just started today and got this message on startup:

h8xol3U.png

With that in mind, I'm gonna take a wild guess that preparations are on going for a new Rockstar PC game / putting up older ones on RSC

I just checked Social Club version and nothing popped up. And i don't see anything in settings related to cloud saves.

Arthea

yeah, that permanent account termination sounds like a horrible idea, so many things can go wrong with no fault of an account owner.

Speevy

Banned
I want to play through one more game before school starts.

What can I beat in 10 days that is absolutely unmissable?

Just beat Inside.

I'll buy it if I don't have it already.

Kaleinc

Banned
Oh lawd in heaven, that's too good.
Shareholders also prefer the idea of selling costumes $5 a pop for a broken $60 game than fixing anything.
yeah, that permanent account termination sounds like a horrible idea, so many things can go wrong with no fault of an account owner.
You could get VAC when account was hijacked now it's more exciting lol.

Arthea

I want to play through one more game before school starts.

What can I beat in 10 days that is absolutely unmissable?

Just beat Inside.

I'll buy it if I don't have it already.

in 10 days? almost any game that's not endless or 100 hours long

You could get VAC when account was hijacked now it's more exciting lol.

how is permanently losing your account with all your games you paid for is exciting in any way again?

Ludens

Banned

Some games have time, but I suppose you only idled them since they are around 2 hours. I suggest:

-Shovel Knight, awesome title, not too long, a must
-Trails in the Sky: good game, but if you are not in the mood for TON of text, don't play it right now, even because it's around 60 hours long
-Deadly Premonition: A masterpiece, with an added value if you are a Twin Peaks fan. But even if you never watched the tv shows, it's still a great game to spend your time on
-The Vanishing of Ethan Carter: suggesting story, rather short experience with stunning visuals, a wonderful soundtrack and a nice gameplay (not properly a walking simulator but almost, considering you have some easy puzzles to solve in and there)
-Life is Strange: Very good story, good pacing, nice gameplay, you will beat it in no time. One of the best game I played last year.
-Witcher 3. This game is everything. Probably my favourite title of the last ten years, right after Shadow of the Colossus. Compelling story, awesome gameplay, stunning visuals and graphics. A masterpiece, probably the best CRPG from Planescape Torment. But it's VERY long, around 150 hours for the main game only, so if you wanna beat multiple titles, it's not the right choice maybe.

Also no need to be sorry :D

Kifimbo

Stuff.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.
Stuff.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Stacking -- MB-0EF9E02BF3146C10 - Taken by Hakkelus
Braveland -- MB-02442C3D49C59EE2 - Taken by Ludens
Retro/Grade -- MB-6F09D976A600F3F1 - Taken by outunderthestars

Eila

in 10 days? almost any game that's not endless or 100 hours long

how is permanently losing your account with all your games you paid for is exciting in any way again?

Not even with Steam Guard you're safe as big time youtubers have had their accounts hacked by asking the carrier for your SIM card, so I hope their system isn't as absolute as they say.

Panda Rin

Anyone have experience living abroad for more than a year? I plan on moving to South Korea in a few months for a job. Can I still use Steam without any hitches?

Speevy

Banned
Thank you all for the recommendations.

Yeah, I was ranked top 100 in the world for VT4 for a little while, but I haven't played it in a few years. None of my Games for Windows Live games work on this machine, which is a shame because I never played some of them.

And yes, a lot of that is idling. Like I don't know how it thinks I played Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen for that long when I barely left the tutorial. Idlemaster doing its job I suppose.

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Adorables -- MB-433808CFC9A1D789 - Taken by spacellama
Take this, Ozium's GOTY

Arthea

they're not dumb, this is not going to be easy for a hacker to do.

well about that...

not that they really are, but they tend not to think about consequences way too often and until something real bad happens and there is massive outcry, they tend not to fix things.

That's why I think that it shouldn't be even possible when steam is concerned. Unless you have to wait like for a year, and repeat your request every month and provide all kind of evidence that you are an account owner and it would help to be informed that you are financially responsive for terminating someone elses account, even if it's not legally possible, or is it?

Thanks! I snagged Retro/Grade

Will also throw some more stuff out there.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

fractal -- MB-E873FCD80F632ACC
splice -- MB-2D24BCF7B33EDF80 - Taken by Zeeman. 1 entrants total.

t1469144849z1.png
[/QUOTE]

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
That moment you realize that Valve is giving Steam the ability to manage itself so it can never be taken over even when every person there is dead.

VCdvKYZ.jpg

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Source on that?

Suppose you're Valve and the only thing you want is not to hire support people.

So you pay a programmer to automate something a human used to do.

If you screw the pooch on the programming side, is the result that humans have MORE to do or LESS to do?

Arthea

Suppose you're Valve and the only thing you want is not to hire support people.

So you pay a programmer to automate something a human used to do.

If you screw the pooch on the programming side, is the result that humans have MORE to do or LESS to do?

but that's it, they have less to do, because termination is permanent, without any possibility to restore the account, meaning do extra work, requiring unconventional non programmed solutions and real people to deal with heartbroken owners.

damn
lol

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Adventure Quest 3D -- MB-BBD7E6483C55D5ED - Taken by texhnolyze. 9 entrants total.

t1469146045z1.png

How to redeem your key:
Simply go to http://aq3d.com/redeem-early-access-key/ and follow the instructions redeeming the key you win to access a Steam key.

Games you can beat within 10 days that are unmissable?

Portal for sure. You could probably get through all five of the Blackwell games (which it appears that you just idled them for cards.) Syberia and Syberia II. Lego Batman 2 is a lot of fun (and probably the best Superman game you'll ever play.) If you're looking for more AAA fare, Tomb Raider 2013.

Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale

Fun game, but beating it in 10 days is a stretch, especially if you're playing for the first time.

illusionary

It's pleasantly surprising to be getting a steady 38fps out of my GTX-965M on a quick test with XCOM 2 on 1080p/high - I wasn't sure how well it would hold up as I've not really looked to push it with very recent games just yet. I've got a few other things to play before I get to the game in earnest, but GMG's sale price was enough to convince me to buy.

Nzyme32

That moment you realize that Valve is giving Steam the ability to manage itself so it can never be taken over even when every person there is dead.

VCdvKYZ.jpg

There was a recent email from Gabe that got posted confirming that they still intend to remove themselves from the process being a gatekeeper, with a plan in place to do so. Wouldn't surprise me that this also extends to most of the ways Valve bottle neck Steam.

Seriously, watch them open Steam up to more customisations, and JShackles takes over - then goes mad with power!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom