• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ventara

Aww, no new Humble Bundle today?

Humble and Bundlestars are consistently on a good level.
Indiegala and Groupees feel down my list heavily compared to 2-3 years back though.

Groupees has definitely dropped in quality. Can't remember the last time I bought something there.

Ludens

Banned
Aww, no new Humble Bundle today?

Groupees has definitely dropped in quality. Can't remember the last time I bought something there.

And they used to be great, I still remember some good bundles with La Mulana plus OST, Cat Lady etc.

Mivey

I'm stuck for the third time in LIMBO. I'm now stuck here:

I need that box to reach a rope at the right side of the level, but whenever I move it to the right, the ramp falls down, and the left side (where I am standing) of the ramp is raised, thus I cannot get my beloved box with me.
You can pull that suspended platform, I think.

Now with store page. GOTY 2016.

giphy.gif

Ventara

And they used to be great, I still remember some good bundles with La Mulana plus OST, Cat Lady etc.

I regret not using my $10 coin on that VN smut bundle. Now who knows if I'll ever get to use it on something decent. I don't even know if it's still worth $10.

cicero

It feels like they are catering specifically to game collectors now. Even their once semi-special Be Mine bundles are pretty lackluster.

Tizoc

For the new page :p
qVdYZvS.jpg

Crom has deemed Rhaknar unworthy of this bounty and thus blocked him from this giveaway.
I'm just messin', enter away Rhaky

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 13 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header_292x136.jpg

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

t1cxE6r.gif
Rocket Knight -- MB-0003835A981EC4CE - Taken by Benedict. 5 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
t1cxE6r.gif
t1cxE6r.gif
t1cxE6r.gif
t1cxE6r.gif
Transformers: Devastation -- MB-65071E9DB9C42CC9 - Taken by TheAutomator. 40 entrants total.
Dungeon of the Endless: Crystal Pack -- MB-17143442AD60138D - Taken by Ludens. 13 entrants total. - Taken by Anno. 8 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
The Legend of Dark Witch -- MB-93D8D9C3ABC3CC35 - Taken by Kurt Russell. 5 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
A Boy and his Blob -- MB-6E3787D6DB74F30B - Taken by Tellaerin. 2 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
t1cxE6r.gif
t1cxE6r.gif
Strider -- MB-6BD2214862FD5800
t1cxE6r.gif
t1cxE6r.gif
t1cxE6r.gif
Paint it back -- MB-36C6B53160D5E2B8 - Taken by oipic. 14 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Kathy Rain -- MB-F307E22E46000253 - Taken by Nabs. 17 entrants total.
Wasted -- MB-221537FEF281380C - Taken by EdmondD. 2 entrants total.
Keep talking and nobody explodes -- MB-02974D1207465B75 - Taken by Kagemusha. 9 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara -- MB-FBC8C14910B8CB1D - Taken by Sarcasm. 9 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Aviary Attorney -- MB-3914CC0AC1025AD6 - Taken by Arthea. 28 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Lost Planet 3 -- MB-BD4067918E8DD322 - Taken by Glitchesarecool. 4 entrants total.

t1467746522z1.png

Please let me know if you encounter any issues redeeming the games. Oh and this isn't Free for All so you can only enter for one game :X

Deques

For the new page :p
qVdYZvS.jpg

Crom has deemed Rhaknar unworthy of this bounty and thus blocked him from this giveaway.
I'm just messin', enter away Rhaky

Please let me know if you encounter any issues redeeming the games. Oh and this isn't Free for All so you can only enter for one game :X

So many hots! :D

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Tizoc you dont need to repost when it already does it automatically you loser!

You can now buy or rent all of RWBY on Steam. Considering you can watch the whole show for free on YouTube or the RoosterTeeth website it seems a little pricey to buy, and doesn't make much sense to even have a rent option. They also have a bundle with the game, but there's no additional discount related to the bundle.

Speevy

Banned
How would you guys feel if I bought every small bundle currently running on Bundlestars and gave them away?

Or would that be like wading neck deep in shit?

mp1990

Banned
Everybody go watch sgdq on twitch nooooooooow
Yes that is real and happening live

You guys should join the GAF chat room in twitch as well and come talk with the cool kids

Just a little taste of how refined our conversations are:

Cmn9dp9W8AA5dOI.jpg:large

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member

This game by Messhof (Mark Essen - who also made Nidhogg) has been around in various builds like forever (2007), and some of you might have played the remake by Jonathan Blow, Nicewrench.

It's a game (flapformer) where you role play as a flying wrench trying to get through various obstacles by gliding, flapping or spinning through the air most of the time. Very basic mechanics, very basic levels. It's a game that - if you're anything like me - will suck you in a bit, you'll slightly obsess about clearing the increasingly challenging levels to the point where you feel the game is messing with you a bit. It gets real hard eventually, to the point where clearing some of the later levels feels like real accomplishments. It takes like a five hour to clear it. It has great music, I felt a bit high reaching the endings towards the end, it has this Super Meat Boyish quality as a game. It's so good getting it right. I also felt frustrated and dizzy when I was not able to do this, and had to put them off for later.

There's also time trials (online leader-boards) and a level editor, where you can make your own stuff and publish it on the steam workshop. You get an achievement for doing this. And for clearing other people's stuff. There is potential in this, but I think - sadly - there's not that many active players (Players total: 3,618 ± 1,581 (86.96%) according to Steamspy). If you have some dollars you should try it out and reach for the Sun.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of The_Super_Inframan, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 28 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sky Mercenaries -- MB-12DDE6E38041ABC5 - Taken by shockdude. 3 entrants total.
The Big Elk -- MB-4C11B8B564CAF76C - Taken by Costa1774. 6 entrants total.
Bus Simulator 2012 -- MB-6ACE194BD5EAC6F3 - Taken by Eila. 3 entrants total.
OddPlanet -- MB-21E6494825BA9242 - Taken by Henry Swanson. 6 entrants total.
Car Mechanic Simulator 2014 -- MB-419B0B3ABFB8F4D3 - Taken by data. 3 entrants total.
Elements Soul of Fire -- MB-0F087C28E39D09DB - Taken by Hakkelus. 1 entrants total.
Heaven Island -- MB-32535F31B21688A3 - Taken by ussjtrunks. 1 entrants total.
Cheaters Blackjack 21 -- MB-2B6955056E5B6128 - Taken by Kifimbo. 1 entrants total.
North -- MB-4342D121CCF3E4D7 - Taken by Kuroyume. 4 entrants total.
BlackShadows -- MB-83EC5A23EBB42BF8
Sparkle 2 Evo -- MB-EB2C1EAB0F39FA1F - Taken by septicore. 2 entrants total.
Ruzh Delta Z #2 -- MB-17ECD856A7F8E259
Muffin Knight -- MB-BD9B572A1AED58F9 - Taken by Mavromatis. 1 entrants total.
Data Hacker Corruption -- MB-A71446CE8EC741AF - Taken by PaulSane. 3 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
TransOcean The Shipping Company -- MB-12A04507E27814D8 - Taken by Nzyme32. 7 entrants total.
Dead Bits -- MB-36E9492D055405CB
Adorables -- MB-FF53A1B9182DEABE - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.
qzNSxgo.jpg
Moonlight Minios -- MB-B7B97E35E265B3B8 - Taken by Sammichu. 1 entrants total.
Yelaxot -- MB-B41D0A1E8651919A - Taken by chronomac. 4 entrants total.
Cubicle Quest -- MB-36A820D72988C607 - Taken by dot. 3 entrants total.
Desert Thunder -- MB-D6A64898D75604D9 - Taken by jgalat. 2 entrants total.
Ruzh Delta Z -- MB-7B1D031CCA623791
Incitement 3 -- MB-519045877829EC49 - Taken by Purkake4. 4 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
Bad Rats the Rats' Revenge -- MB-883A13F689C037B5 - Taken by Tall4Life. 1 entrants total.
Story Of the Survivor -- MB-B6C3173BBD7ECA97 - Taken by darkchewie. 2 entrants total.
Chip -- MB-A25F911BC88EB68E - Taken by Hakkelus. 1 entrants total.
Rescue - Everyday Heroes (U.S. Edition) -- MB-058706E5AFEBEC35 - Taken by Catshade. 1 entrants total.
Liveza Death of the Earth -- MB-638F27B41366A08A - Taken by Jalal. 2 entrants total.
Gun Monkeys -- MB-C77185B3CA869C7C

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Elements Soul of Fire was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Heaven Island was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for BlackShadows was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Sparkle 2 Evo was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Ruzh Delta Z #2 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Muffin Knight was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Data Hacker Corruption was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Dead Bits was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Adorables was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

Note: The key you added for Moonlight Minios was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Cubicle Quest was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Desert Thunder was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Ruzh Delta Z was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Incitement 3 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Bad Rats the Rats' Revenge was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Story Of the Survivor was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Chip was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Gun Monkeys was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1467750613z1.png

Speevy

Banned
How would you guys feel if I bought every small bundle currently running on Bundlestars and gave them away?

Or would that be like wading neck deep in shit?

Well, if no one is interested I guess I won't do that.

I feel bad because I didn't get to do giveaways during the actual sale.

There's a few things running now but nothing spectacular.

Maybe I'll just find one game to give away that everyone wants.

On GameBillet, using the code summersale:

Dark Souls - 3 34,40€
Tales of Zestiria - 16€

Cheaper than on Steam during the summer sale.

Lomax

HunieCam Studio is still 69% off on Humble Store ($2.16, $1.94 with monthly discount):

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/huniecam-studio

If you like clicker games it's probably good for $2 worth of entertainment, and the cards are still around 20 cents each so you can get around $1 back in card money. I wouldn't exactly say I recommend it, but it's not bad. The achievements are also less grindy than HuniePop with one exception. A round of the game runs about 1.5-2 hours. But you will have seen all the game has to offer within 15 minutes.

Ventara

Well, if no one is interested I guess I won't do that.

I feel bad because I didn't get to do giveaways during the actual sale.

There's a few things running now but nothing spectacular.

Maybe I'll just find one game to give away that everyone wants.

What? You definitely did. I won your Lego Jurassic Park giveaway, and I think you gave away Mordor in the same giveaway.

And you don't have to do giveaways. I mean, I can't remember the last one I did, ahahaha...

Khronico

Have barely touched GAF because I've been playing video games. Bought some games during the sale and here's some impressions of those games I've played so far if anyone's interested

Panzermadels Tank Dating Simulator: Dumb schlock that's relatively enjoyable and pretty funny. It was worth the 5 bucks I spent on it. Nearly all of it's humor is derived from WW2 stuff so it's basically laser targeted at me. Definitely not the best VN I played but it's decent.
T34 best tank

The Sea Will Claim Everything: Probably the best game I bought on the sale, and I don't much care for PnC style adventure-ish games. Such a gleefully absurd game that I can't help but have a smile on my face while playing it. Just... go buy it and experience it for yourself.

GTAV: The game I spent the most amount of time in out of all the games I bought. One of the most impressive open world games I've ever played. Not much to say that hasn't already been said about GTAV, but yeah, it's pretty amazing.

Rebirth 3: Best of the Rebirth trilogy and the best Neptunia game until Nep VII came out. Each Neptunia game gets better and better and this is the peak of the series for me. Tons of mechanical refinements and gameplay tweaks to make it the most playable of the bunch and the most enjoyable. For me, the Neptunia series is like a comfort food. It's just... fun and silly. Sometimes I just want a fun and silly game to play.

35MM: What if STALKER was a walking simulator? That's basically 35MM. Low budget eurojank game that has a ton of heart. I'm not sure why I like it as much as I do. It's weird. Get it I guess?

Anno

Nordic is putting in some solid work to these Titan Quest beta updates. Suddenly a massive item rework appears.

Grief.exe

Red Dead Redemption Xbox Backwards Compatibility, PC version coming soon ofc.

Nordic is putting in some solid work to these Titan Quest beta updates. Suddenly a massive item rework appears.

Put in the money to grab the DLC during the summer sale for this reason, great to see continued support of classic games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom