• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
All these opportunities for the nofun gif.

It's like the current state of Sonic: an embarrassment.

shockdude

Today I figured out how to design a custom volume control for Windows using AutoHotKey. It's pretty cool; volume increments in steps of 1 instead of 2, volume 0 is a valid volume level, and the OSD is at the bottom-center instead of the upper-left.

Hopefully the Windows 10 anniversary update won't screw it up lol.

jonno394

You might try to remove the game from your account using this link:

https://help.steampowered.com/#HelpWithGame/?appid=287290

Then try again to activate the code from your disk. If that doesn't work, you'll need to contact Steam support to have them remove Episode 1 from your account so you can activate the full code from your physical copy.

I've heard horror stories, but steam customer service have been a nightmare. They haven't read or understood the issue at all. They have replied twice and now told me I need to seek a refund or exchange as this is not a steam purchase even though this issue is steam Related and any exchange will not rectify the situation.

They all seem like stock replies rather than people actually trying to help!

I have sent another reply asking for them to disassociate the existing key/license from my account so i can add this. Lets see what fun happens next.

Do online TCGs get talked about in here?

Because I went to a Pokemon Steam Siege prerelease event today and got a bunch of rad fucking cards that I can't wait to use in the online battle.

Tizoc

So in Biooshock Inf., you get a movement speed boost by damaging yourself and emptying the armor bar? Weird

kagamin

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Future Tone is one of the best games available on PS4, more than 200 songs in a rhythm game is freaking amazing. Plus the gameplay is fantastic enough to keep you wanting to play every single song anyways.

Tellaerin

Booyah.

Messed with my loadouts, went back at it, and managed to defeat Ereshkigal. Burned through all the Ethers I had been stockpiling for the endgame to do it, but I pulled it off without resorting to a walkthrough, so I'll call it a win. Hopefully the final boss won't be as tough as this thing was. :p

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So, how do you get Episode 2-5 of Life is Strange? Steam has a 1-5 bundle for $10 which seems insane for someone that got it off someone buying it through Humble Bundle and gifting Episode 1 before that went "free."

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
So in Biooshock Inf., you get a movement speed boost by damaging yourself and emptying the armor bar? Weird

There's "clothing" upgrades that have various attributes. I believe he's using a shirt or something that gives you a speed boost when the shield breaks or he takes damage. Useful for a speedrun, but probably intended for running to cover in normal gameplay.

So, how do you get Episode 2-5 of Life is Strange? Steam has a 1-5 bundle for $10 which seems insane for someone that got it off someone buying it through Humble Bundle and gifting Episode 1 before that went "free."

Uh-oh. Eps 2-5 don't show up on the Steam store anymore... Unless there's some weird steamdb or in-game way to add things to your cart, I doubt you can currently. They'll probably fix it soon.

SE destroying everything, one move at a time.

GaussTek

Just finished Zero Time Dilemma.

WOW, it was amazing, but
there are still soooo many plot holes/unanswered questions
:/... I really hope they make a fourth game or something, although I know it'll be unlikely, considering how hard was for Uchikoshi to make this one alone. I also bet budget was probably a major issue with ZTD, so that's why he didn't cover up all the stuff he wanted.

Ahh well, still waiting for 999 and VLR just to support him.

BTW, I'll also be happy if Ever17 comes out to Steam in the future lol. It's completely unrelated story-wise, but the whole Zero Escape series is based in Ever17's premise
(and it has a waaaay more satisfying plot/ending in just one package, IMO)

Tizoc

There's "clothing" upgrades that have various attributes. I believe he's using a shirt or something that gives you a speed boost when the shield breaks or he takes damage. Useful for a speedrun, but probably intended for running to cover in normal gameplay.

Ah I see.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I bet Remedy is mad as fuck at Quantum Break sales and is begging MS for a steam version

697629.jpg

mp1990

Banned
BTW, I'll also be happy if Ever17 comes out to Steam in the future lol. It's completely unrelated story-wise, but the whole Zero Escape series is based in Ever17's premise
(and it has a waaaay more satisfying plot/ending in just one package, IMO)

You can count me in with the Infinity trilogy in Steam. I'd support it for the fact alone that literally every single in existence that host ROMs of the games suck so bad that I don't want anyone else to go through the horror of searching through a bazillion weird japanese sites just so they can play a fucking visual novel. I doubt the sales of 999 and VLR on steam will have any impact in that, but I'll probably be supporting Aksys nevertheless.

You can count me in with the Infinity trilogy in Steam. I'd support it for the fact alone that literally every single in existence that host ROMs of the games suck so bad that I don't want anyone else to go through the horror of searching through a bazillion weird japanese sites just so they can play a fucking visual novel. I doubt the sales of 999 and VLR on steam will have any impact in that, but I'll probably be supporting Aksys nevertheless.

Steins ; Gate sales will helo that. Because 5bp owns Ever17 and they'll publish Steins ; Gate on Steam.

Lain

The update that is currently "stuck" is a Windows Defender Definitions update. However all these issues started with one of the Windows updates that very cheekily altered my account settings, including default applications, UAC and privacy settings. The specific update was actually called out by Microsoft as a bug for doing all that. Checking the history also confirms this time line of events and the issues, though the latest update issue is beyond me, I assume in someway connected to the previous.

I got the same issue but on Win7 lol, as in the update won't download and will get stuck trying to download.

dickroach

For everyone who is pissed about the "get Trials of the Blood Dragon for Free if you beat the demo" thing.

GreenManGaming has the game for like less than $4. I finished it yesterday and it seems about the right price. I'm bummed because it seems like a decent game if they took out the stupid gimicky jetpack out of the game (easily the worst part of that game) and some of the shooting on foot levels. The Turbo flip seems really fun, I wish they didn't stick it in 3, 20 second chunks in the game.

still curious about the $4 trials of the blood. clearly a mistake, but... lemme get that.

Tizoc

should i feel bad that i dont find this half as interesting SGDQ :(

edit: i feel ike GDQ is the be all end all. this is cool but... it's not the best. is it????

They need better setups, but it's just that this doesn't have the usual Nintendo games that GDQ is known for.

kagamin

Anyone have any recommendations for some text adventures? I wanna try some again when I get back home in a couple of weeks.

Knurek

Anyone have any recommendations for some text adventures? I wanna try some again when I get back home in a couple of weeks.

Hadean Lands is generally recognized as one of the best, most ambitious ones.
Not a good game for a beginner though.

Choice of... games are generally considered a decent starting point.
I'd recommend going either with Choice of Robots

or if you want to sample first there's a freeware game using that engine about ethics of Mass Effect 3 endingslunar tourism called Creatures Such As We.

zkylon

zkylewd
header.jpg

finished 1979 revolution: black friday

game was pretty interesting, it's a telltale esque adventure game set in iran during the overthrowing of the shah in 1979, which is kind of unbelievable as a game setting but it works quite alright

there's also a wealth of documentary content that's really interesting to go through and the story and characters are pretty well done even tho the game feels pretty rushed specially towards the end. lots of things in the game end up being a bit unclear or unresolved and i feel like could've done better. the writing is sometimes kind of wonky but the voice acting was pretty good and the whole thing has way better production values i could've hoped for. there's also some qte nonsense that's unoffensive at best but honestly feels like it was there because it's just in the telltale formula.

but those things really matter as the game does a really good job of putting you in that time and place and to educate and interest a bit about the subject matter, which again

this is a game in which THESE GUYS

are the good guys

now that's awesome

Granjinha

i'm pretty sure half of the people that use steamspy don't actually know how to look at sales in a realistic way

anyway EDF seems to be doing pretty nice huh? I don't know what's the general sales for the series but the numbers seem pretty good

Sonic Mania's Studiopolis Theme Song - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGR5fTO2oio

calling it now GOTY 2017

holy shit man

that is fucking GOLD

Remember when Sega was bringing us more PC ports? Guess they gave up. There hasn't been a peep.

every single time this is brought up i'm like

be

patient

jesus

Ludens

Banned
Hi all.

Due to community feedback, we've built and today released a new port of Munch's Oddysee, replacing the current one, alongside a pack of trading cards, badges, backgrounds and emotes.

The new port will be maintained by us and developers Square One. It contains multiple fixes and some 'HD' assets including higher resolution character models.

You can read about the development of the new port during its previous beta phase, and leave us feedback, here:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/15740/discussions/0/412447613572972443/

Should you wish to return to the old port, which is no longer maintained, you can opt into the 'original' branch via properties > betas in the Steam client for the game.

Thanks for being fans!

Oddworld

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom