• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

New Indiegala bundle
Pay $1 or more to get these Steam games

Pay $2.99 or more (ONLY FIRST 24h) and get all 12 Steam Games

Mivey

How often do you guys clean out your gaming PC's?
dusting it out once a month (just blowing a bit of canned air, takes a minute, if that) and more thorough cleaning once a year, where I also exchange the CPU paste). NVidia has a nice guide for that. Don't have it bookmarked right now and too lazy to look it up

derExperte

I've been playing it a lot. It has really fun combat with a lot of nuance and mechanics but the gear acquisition is a huge grind and the maps eventually become boring to replay. The Vermintide Facebook is teasing that something is going to be announced in a few days time which should be a "Quest and Contracts" update which is supposed to add a quest system to give more loot and make the game more varied.

Well you can add me if you like to get challenged by a bumbling fool wandering away from the group and then getting pounced by an assassin.

dusting it out once a month (just blowing a bit of canned air, takes a minute, if that) and more thorough cleaning once a year, where I also exchange the CPU paste). NVidia has a nice guide for that. Don't have it bookmarked right now and too lazy to look it up

You don't need to change the paste every year, that's doing more bad (possible strain and damage for the hardware) than good.

Mivey

You don't need to change the paste every year, that's doing more bad (possible strain and damage for the hardware) than good.
That also depens on the paste you use, some manufactures recommend longer some shorter times. I am running fine with once a year. I don't see how it strains the hardware if you properly open the CPU fan and handle it with care.

chronomac

Enjoy
ModBot said:
Instructions for chronomac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Nihilumbra -- MB-3EACA36CA95DA1A4 - Taken by Costa1774. 5 entrants total.
Zack Zero -- MB-BC8D335DA7B8777C - Taken by Jalal. 1 entrants total.
Rabbit Hole 3D -- MB-B7F3C1B5EFAFB84E - Taken by Vuze. 1 entrants total.
Rooms: The Main Building -- MB-7C47AB9DCB55B84D - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.

t1469460841z1.png

How often do you guys clean out your gaming PC's?

I finally got my first gaming PC in February. I haven't opened it. I'm afraid to touch anything (I didn't build it, had the place where I bought the parts build it for me) with fear I'd break something. I just vacuum the top of the case (it has a vent on top where, I assume, more fans could've been installed) and the front, where there are fans. Try to get the fans in the back as well. That's all I do.

Kaleinc

Banned
That also depens on the paste you use, some manufactures recommend longer some shorter times. I am running fine with once a year. I don't see how it strains the hardware if you properly open the CPU fan and handle it with care.
Considering intalling a CPU fan requires bending mobo in half - once a year is overkill. By the way intel cpus (box) come with paste that easily lasts more than 10 years.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

One of the best strategy games -- MB-1D1ECEA7477E5887 - Taken by voodooray. 3 entrants total. - Taken by PaulSane. 16 entrants total.

t1469473414z1.png

Have you seen those techYEScity cleanse videos? He takes all the heatsinks off the mobos and gpus and hoses it down with break cleaner, in all the ports and sockets and everything. It's kind of crazy but he posts temp and performance videos and it helps!

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
BundleStars Impact Bundle

Brace for the Impact Bundle! From first person-puzzlers to top-down shooters, grab this brand new bundle and get your hands on 10 hard-hitting Steam games with a massive 96% saving!

Robo's World: The Zarnok Fortress
Californium
Trouble In The Manor
Cubium Dreams
Iron Impact
Evertown
Poöf
Superstatic
DAMAGE CONTROL
Trinium Wars - Starter Pack

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundle/impact-bundle

r3n4ud

Once every few months to clean out the dust filters on the fans, and then maybe once or twice a year I take it out back to the porch and use my Datavac on it to clean out the whole thing.
Yep, same here.

Boy, the datavac is pretty loud lol. Cleans super well though.

Anteater

With max payne 3, they should make him look like the bald fat guy from Hangover. That's what the series really needs.

should make it a lot slower than the first 2 games too so i know what's going on, i just cant keep up with all them actions

Showing up as the dlc for some reason, but pretty sure it's the full game.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me, just have fun!

Never Alone -- MB-4E7917A4A8EA609E - Taken by Kurt Russell

UltraJay

Getting my VIve hopefully on Friday. I've picked up most of the free stuff on Steam
(and the Oculus Store)
. As for my first purchases, I'm thinking of these. After seeing Holodance and how it has shaped up from its early alphas I picked that up too.

Also, buying the Vive still gets you TiltBrush, Job Simulator, and Fantastic Contraption with it. It says "while supplies last" so I wonder how many keys they allowed for Vive orders... or how many Vives are selling.

My i7 is 5 and a half years old and I never changed the thermal paste. It's actually something I've never done before, only seen others do it.
My cpu probably is in dire need of it lol.

cleaning dust

I bought my PC as is, first gaming PC

I think it has dust filters but not 100% sure

You could run some kind of temperature monitoring utility (there might even be one on the case depending on where you got the PC) and keep a track of averages while idle or playing one particular game. If you notice the average going up a little bit while the conditions in your house haven't changed, then it might be time to clean it out.

Even with dust filters, stuff can get in there, but it won't adversely affect the hardware unless it gets real bad

Wok

For zkylon fans and others who want to play an indie TellTale-like game in Iran. Unfortunately, no discount on the basic edition.

Soundtrack Edition Flash Sale and Behind-The-Scenes Series!
25 JUILLET - 1979THEGAME
Hello Steam friends!

This week only the Game + Soundtrack Edition is 50% off until next Monday as a weekly sale! Take advantage of this great deal to check out 1979 Revolution: Black Friday if you haven't already!

We also wanted to let you all know we're starting a weekly Behind The Scenes series hosted on "Made With Unity" where we'll be talking about the different processes of making 1979 Revolution and our experience as a development team making the game.

Check out our first two entries:
Motion Capture Mania: https://madewith.unity.com/stories/motion-capture-mania
Dirty Business of Cinematography: https://madewith.unity.com/stories/the-dirty-business-of-digital-cinematography

Many of you are asking about localization and subtitles, we're hard at work right now to implement additional languages into the game, stay tuned as we'll have more information to share soon.

Thanks for your continued support!

-iNK Stories

We are proud to announce that the PC version of Deus Ex will be always online.

Touché :")
But yeah, I wouldn't expect SE to announce any Japanese games for PC at Gamescom or at any event. Their pattern is either leaked by SteamDB, dumped on Steam on release date, leaked on the Steam store upcoming releases page, PR announcing port release for soon.

Unless they pull a Konami and announce that, looking deep down in their courage, they managed to pull all of their strength and tears to work on a PC version of FFXV, releasing day and date on September 30th :")

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom