• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascheroth

Why the hell is Trails in the Sky SC so good?

I took me an hour until I even got to the first battle and that time was amazing.
It's completely ingenious how it immediately continues right where FC left off, introduces a new gameplay mechanic with the combo crafts, more powerful Arts, while also soft-resetting your Art-progress a bit as well as the party and all that in a completely natural way that ties into story and world.

Revisiting familiar places and learning what happened in the lifes of the NPCs during your journey in FC and hearing familiar tracks is the best.
Seeing that the lumberjack guy in Rolent finally managed to prove his worth to the father of his crush put a smile on my face.

And the new tracks are so god damn good as well. I mean just listen to this.

Ludens

Banned
Well, if no one is interested I guess I won't do that.

I feel bad because I didn't get to do giveaways during the actual sale.

There's a few things running now but nothing spectacular.

Maybe I'll just find one game to give away that everyone wants.
Buy something for yourself, you already gave away so many games during the sale :)

Ozium

should I replay the Room 1 before 2?

also does Ghost 1.0 suffer from the same problem as unepic, in that the actual gameplay screen is like 1/5th of my monitor.. annoying shit

Endruen

You still don't have Witcher 3? Shame.gif

p0GHyQWm.jpg

I'm still reading the books and I haven't played the other 2 yet, so, no.

Lomax

Red Dead Redemption Xbox Backwards Compatibility, PC version coming soon ofc.

I'll probably hate myself for kicking this hornet's nest, but here goes...

Genuine question, if xbox backwards compatibility is software emulation, and uwp is universal for apps, shouldn't all 360 games with backwards compatibility be able to instantly have a uwp version of they so chose? Or is there another level of the process I'm missing?

Please God don't turn this into a uwp argument.

Wok

should I replay the Room 1 before 2?

also does Ghost 1.0 suffer from the same problem as unepic, in that the actual gameplay screen is like 1/5th of my monitor.. annoying shit

No.

No. Ghost is dope. Ghost's character is big.

mp1990

Banned
SGDQ hype

(reminder that you have to download the free version of Cthulhu Realms before redeeming the unlock)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (mp1990, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Cthulhu Realms - Full Version -- MB-7C9648444EBC6980 - Taken by Asiratlan. 1 entrants total.
Call of Duty: Black Ops III - Multiplayer Starter Pack -- MB-61E5B925F817F39E - Taken by Endruen. 6 entrants total.

t1467750245z1.png

dot

No one is playing the mighty no.9 online modes. I can't find anybody on here.

why did those dorks delay this again?
:rfacepalm:

bigzgod

OBJECTION!!
I only bug you about that game cause I haven't played it. why would i bug you about borrowing any version of disgaea if i own em all already?

However I'll be honest. Disgaea 4>>>>Fire Emblem Awakening>Disgaea 1

[3:15 PM] Hero Prinny: I'm a dirty mei lover @bigzgod
[3:15 PM] Hero Prinny: mei is #1

Your opinion is invalid :mad:

I think Kero Blaster is my favorite summer sale purchase. I had an absolute blast going through the normal mode. The 8-bit graphics may look a bit too simplistic, compared to say Shovel Knight, but they are actually quite charming once you're in the game. More importantly, the level and game design are pretty much flawless. It's like everything has been well thought through. It took me less than 3 hours to beat. That might seem on the short side, but the (unlockable) hard mode feels almost like a new game, with huge changes made to the levels, the enemies and the bosses. So yeah, highly recommended, if you like 2D retro action platformers.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
"lets see if I Must Build a Boat still has that 10000000 cocaine, just 10 minutes"

2 hours later

"oh"

Madn

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Madn, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Knights of Pen & Paper Plus1 Edition -- MB-4C171C0FEAACE5E5 - Taken by illusionary

Thanks Duppy!
ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (pantsattack, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Batman Arkham Asylum -- MB-72968ABE3B68093D - Taken by Flips360. 5 entrants total.
Shadow of Mordor -- MB-E46EE29345283C12 - Taken by dot. 29 entrants total.
BADLAND -- MB-B0616CE10B29638D - Taken by Speevy. 5 entrants total.
SPACECOM -- MB-937DFDAA5DD6C8F6 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 5 entrants total.

t1467763110z1.png

Knurek

Remember when Zero Time Dilemma was top seller on Steam during the Summer Sale? For a few hours at least during the biggest sale on a biggest digital game store?
How did this turn out in the end, you ask?

Player Data
Owners: 7,015 - 12,163

So, 10k sales being enough to top the revenue chart don't really instill much of a confidence in the new, 'improved' sale format.
Looking forward to SteamSpy analysis.

So, 10k sales being enough to top the revenue chart don't really instill much of a confidence in the new, 'improved' sale format.

It was also the first summer sale without a metagame, so they could always just chalk it up to that.

Grief.exe

Remember when Zero Time Dilemma was top seller on Steam during the Summer Sale? For a few hours at least during the biggest sale on a biggest digital game store?
How did this turn out in the end, you ask?

Player Data
Owners: 7,015 - 12,163

Jumping up thousands of sales in a short period at that high price will certainly have a ludicrously high revenue.

Assuredly it would have done better when attached to a discount and full front page marketing.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yup. I had to stop playing it on my phone because it was costing me 2 hours of sleep every night.

actually I just did a 180 on it when I remembered how grindy it gets >_>

Ozium

This game by Messhof (Mark Essen - who also made Nidhogg) has been around in various builds like forever (2007), and some of you might have played the remake by Jonathan Blow, Nicewrench.

It's a game (flapformer) where you role play as a flying wrench trying to get through various obstacles by gliding, flapping or spinning through the air most of the time. Very basic mechanics, very basic levels. It's a game that - if you're anything like me - will suck you in a bit, you'll slightly obsess about clearing the increasingly challenging levels to the point where you feel the game is messing with you a bit. It gets real hard eventually, to the point where clearing some of the later levels feels like real accomplishments. It takes like a five hour to clear it. It has great music, I felt a bit high reaching the endings towards the end, it has this Super Meat Boyish quality as a game. It's so good getting it right. I also felt frustrated and dizzy when I was not able to do this, and had to put them off for later.

There's also time trials (online leader-boards) and a level editor, where you can make your own stuff and publish it on the steam workshop. You get an achievement for doing this. And for clearing other people's stuff. There is potential in this, but I think - sadly - there's not that many active players (Players total: 3,618 ± 1,581 (86.96%) according to Steamspy). If you have some dollars you should try it out and reach for the Sun.

5 hours?

I love Flywrench but I've only put in 90 minutes so far and I'm halfway through Mercury

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom