• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have details on how long Arkham Origins is? I grabbed it and Knight during the sales hubub and want to finish them in order... because why not. But hate the combat in these games so want to blast through them asap lol.

Origins is real damn slow. You're not missing anything by going right to Knight. Have you played Asylum and City?

def sim

Anyone have details on how long Arkham Origins is? I grabbed it and Knight during the sales hubub and want to finish them in order... because why not. But hate the combat in these games so want to blast through them asap lol.

Howlongtobeat.com says 12 and a half hours average for the main story. I took 26 hours, including a whole hunch of extra stuff and the cold, cold heart dlc.

Just got to the 10th floor by beating the Centipide in Ys Origins. Man, had to restart that fight many times. It still managed to be just the right balance between fun and frustrating.
All right, since everyone suggested I get some games for myself, I did just that. I bought some games I didn't already have on the Humble Store. I will be playing these.

You didn't stipulate that I couldn't give you the Steam keys.
Neat. Appreciate it.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

Hate it? I don't understand. What is there to be offended by with the Arkham combat formula?

Zeeman

Anyone have thoughts on Why Am I Dead at Sea? It's gone on sale after not having been on sale during the Summer Sale (although it did recently drop in price)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Enhanced Steam has been updated to version 8.7.2. This maintenance release includes the following bug fixes:
  • Fixed a bug that caused quick sell and instant sell buttons to not work correctly under some conditions
  • Updated the look and feel of activity page highlights so that they're easier to read
  • Fixed a bug where the highlighting process on activity pages would run over already highlighted items
  • Fixed a bug that caused "1-click turn to gems" feature not to work correctly
  • Optimized the option reset feature on the options page
  • Updated wishlist highlighting for community hub pages
This update is available for Google Chrome and should update itself automatically within the next 60 minutes.

As always, please let me know if you encounter any issues with this release.

mp1990

Banned
Anyone have thoughts on Why Am I Dead at Sea? It's gone on sale after not having been on sale during the Summer Sale (although it did recently drop in price)

Someone here in SteamGAF compared it to Ghost Trick and that should be enough to warrant a buy.

PAUonePUNCH

Neo Member
You can play the game solo just fine. You basically setup a local server so you can play alone. But it's pretty time consuming, even more in solo compared to multi.

I might have to pull the trigger on it some day. I just am having a hard time justifying it to play without friends or a ton of time to dump into it. The game looks amazing but I dont have many friends who game and ZERO who do so on PC :(

Played Furi on PS Plus...the first two boss battles to begin with. Other than the soundtrack...not really anything else to truly highlight. It's okay but so far, not seeing the hype surrounding it. Will play more to see if anything else clicks.

KingKong

Played Furi on PS Plus...the first two boss battles to begin with. Other than the soundtrack...not really anything else to truly highlight. It's okay but so far, not seeing the hype surrounding it. Will play more to see if anything else clicks.

Is there hype? I feel like barely anyone is talking about it

Speevy

Banned
Furi is going to be one of those games that people think is awesome right now, but it will have mixed reviews in a year. Watch.

Tizoc

I think Kero Blaster is my favorite summer sale purchase. I had an absolute blast going through the normal mode. The 8-bit graphics may look a bit too simplistic, compared to say Shovel Knight, but they are actually quite charming once you're in the game. More importantly, the level and game design are pretty much flawless. It's like everything has been well thought through. It took me less than 3 hours to beat. That might seem on the short side, but the (unlockable) hard mode feels almost like a new game, with huge changes made to the levels, the enemies and the bosses. So yeah, highly recommended, if you like 2D retro action platformers.
Glad you liked it
It was secret goth title for 3 years running

Anyone have details on how long Arkham Origins is?

16ylrl.jpg

Vibranium

Banned

Hmm personally I loved Origins the most along with Asylum, but if you dislike the combat then it may be too slow for you. I'd say it's around 10 hours if you don't do collectibles.

I loved Gotham in this and I'm one of the people who thought Roger Craig Smith was a great young Batman- he should have been hired for Year One by DC. Still haven't played Knight after refunding it, I'll get it again when it gets super cheap.

Cramoss

Why is Big Picture mode the greatest thing ever?

I adore it now, to the point I took out the monitor from the desktop and put my big ass TV on it so I can play from my bed.

Maximum comfiness

Just sayin'

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (pantsattack, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Timore Inferno -- MB-857B6F7BE93A12E2

Tellaerin

man I sure wish pillars of eternity wasn't a crashing piece of shit

if obsidian's technical prowess was even half as good as their writing they'd be so much better off

Stuff like that always puzzles me.

It's well known that Obsidian games have technical issues. Everyone knows it. I'd expect that Obsidian themselves know it. I mean, they have to by now, right? So I find myself wondering why nothing's ever done about it. If the issue is their coders, why not look for some new blood? Do they stick with the same personnel because they were founding members or something? Can they not budget for extra personnel? If it's a question of not being able to catch bugs in testing, why not push for longer development cycles/more testers? There has to be something they can do to improve in that department.

L.O.R.D

New update for senran kagura,fixed most glitches,AND you can turn off cloth ripping and transformation animation
FINALLY,BEST UPDATE EVER.
Those animation was cool at first,but they became annoying later.

http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791454675743/announcements/detail/899974863900394188

7/5/16 patch notes
6 JULY - WYRDWAD
-Fixed various issues with visual effects for Secret Ninja Arts and thrust attacks
-Fixed an issue in the Japanese settings with CGs #13 and #24
-Fixed an issue where blocking Homura's strong aerial attack caused her to dive perpetually (now she only dives for an uncomfortably long time...)
-Fixed an issue causing the TabTip.exe process to interfere with the game running properly

Finally, we added options to turn off cutscenes for clothing tearing, Ninja Arts, and Shinobi Transformations! They're located in the Video section of the Settings menu.

madjoki

Why did LEGO Marvel's Avengers get a 9 GB update. Its like the entire game reinstalled.

Maybe developers did something stupid like use encrypted or badly designed container to store game files?

Things like these don't work well with differential updates.

Picked up Hotline Miami during the sale. Very frustrating at first but now I am really into it. It teaches me some patience, something I sorely lack at times.

Jimrpg

Anyone here played Tabletop Simulator? I got it in the Steam Sale without reading much on it.

I got it because some of the mods looked really cool, I wanted to play some Eurogames by myself like Agricola and Puerto Rico, etc.

While the board and pieces are well made, It doesn't look like I can play single player against AI. Is that right? Are there any Eurogames on TS that let me play in singleplayer? Or do I have to play them in multiplayer.

The other thing is it seems like it's really fiddly to play it this way and I have to adjust the camera all the time to play. Example - Puerto Rico I would have to look at what's left in the middle and then look at my board and look at everyone else's board and I have to adjust the camera constantly. I think I might just go back to the iPad if that's the case.

shockdude

Anyone here played Tabletop Simulator? I got it in the Steam Sale without reading much on it.

I got it because some of the mods looked really cool, I wanted to play some Eurogames by myself like Agricola and Puerto Rico, etc.

While the board and pieces are well made, It doesn't look like I can play single player against AI. Is that right? Are there any Eurogames on TS that let me play in singleplayer? Or do I have to play them in multiplayer.

The other thing is it seems like it's really fiddly to play it this way and I have to adjust the camera all the time to play. Example - Puerto Rico I would have to look at what's left in the middle and then look at my board and look at everyone else's board and I have to adjust the camera constantly. I think I might just go back to the iPad if that's the case.
I don't have Tabletop Simulator, but I've read up on it and watched some videos a couple months back.
It's literally what it says in the title; it's a simulation of a table top. There's no AI at all.
You can play a game with friends by the rules and have a good time, or you can be a sore loser and knock pieces over and flip the table and have a good time. Just as if you were playing a real-life board game with friends.

As a social platform for playing board games with friends, Tabletop Simulator is hard to beat.

Oh god, I accidently gave my pawn in Dragon's Dogma a really high pitched voice. She sounds like a munchkin. I hope there is a way to change it!

Articalys

So is In-Home Streaming something that actually works well in practice as long as both devices are hooked up via wired connections, or are there more caveats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom