• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSPssp

I bought a ton of stuff at entirely too high prices. But I skipped Invisible Inc because I smell a bundle coming up soon.

A singularity swallowed MrOrange into an endless time-loop, stuck in the year 2015 for all eternity. His only means of communicating is reposting SteamGaf GOTY 2014 results. His never-ending cry for help is a vain effort.

So I heard you guys like price glitches?

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Large Professor, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition -- MB-321E7742D55D7984 - Taken by Ban Puncher. 25 entrants total.

t1467663530z1.png

Nabs

Necropolis and Furi look really good, but those prices are a bit high to me. I know it's petty, but seeing Furi in PS+ drops it down to bundle tier (or 75% off).

I bought $152 worth of stuff
200_s.gif

oh well, my pc is a laptop so i won't be buying stuff on here for a long time, basically got every exclusive or last gen multiplat I really wanted.

Next game I'm buying is No Man's Sky, but on PS4, then Mankind Divided then who knows

Uzzy

Inside looks incredible. I want to do a write up but I really don't want to check any more of the previews/reviews in fear of spoilers.

Also, one advantage of the Steam sale thread was that certain sporting events flew under the radar.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I spent $52.59 this sale, which is more than I originally thought I would.

Halo: Spartan Strike
Season Match 3 - Curse of the Witch Crow
Boss Monster
Sid Meier's Civilization V: Brave New World
Changing Worlds Map Pack: Continents
Sid Meier's Civilization V: Scrambled Nations Map Pack
AI: Rampage
Rabiez: Epidemic
Project Starship
State of Anarchy
Tales of Symphonia
Hitman GO
Crypt of the NecroDancer
Watch_Dogs Complete (WW)
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition
Pinball FX2 - Deadpool Table
Pinball FX2 - South Park Pinball
Pinball FX2 - Marvel's Ant-Man
Pinball FX2 - Balls of Glory Pinball
Pinball FX2 - Star Wars™ Pinball: The Force Awakens™ Pack
12 Labours of Hercules IV: Mother Nature
Marvel Heroes 2016 - Marvel's Captain America: Civil War Starter Pack
12 Labours of Hercules V: Kids of Hellas

The only real "trash" I bought was that $0.08 bundle of 4 games. Because they were $0.02 each. The rest of my haul I feel pretty good about.

Phinor

Had a lot of transactions, literally hundreds, with Steam these past few weeks. Now it was all cards sold via the market but it still counts, right?

Yep, another disappointing major sale. I still miss daily deals, again my wishlist was full of 0-50% off games. Now the only thing that makes me open Steam front page during a sale is to go through the queue three times over saying no thanks to 36 anime games (and the occasional visual novel, crafting or horror game) and for that effort, three more cards.

Good to be back to the familiar old Steam thread. Didn't buy too much (about 10 things) but I did finally get around to cleaning up my Steam account and removed 1200 odd games just before the sale started.

Inside looks incredible. I want to do a write up but I really don't want to check any more of the previews/reviews in fear of spoilers.

Also, one advantage of the Steam sale thread was that certain sporting events flew under the radar.
It is incredible. Wrote a blurb for the thread, kept it as spoiler-free as possible

I spent $52.59 this sale, which is more than I originally thought I would.

I forgot the check the pinball games this sale. :(

My haul:

Firewatch - Just 33%, but it's a game I really want to play.
Endless Legend DLC - Bought the base game on Humble Store before the sale, and then spent $14 on all the DLC for it. Not sure when I will play it, but it was a good price.
Sega Megadrive Classics Pack #3 - Only bought one, to try the Steam Workshop additions.

Articalys

Even though I swore to myself that, since I would be getting a new laptop soon, I would buy more stuff during the next sale, I still only ended up getting one small puzzle game due to a combination of backlog fears and none of the discounts on my most wanted games being enough for an impulse purchase.
Really need to clear things out so I can start buying new stuff again...

Pachimari

I spent €241.8 ($270) during this sale. Way more than I had planned. I literally bought most of my games today. And this morning I also bought Ratchet & Clank and Uncharted 4. Welp.

Anyway, I made good progress in Wolfenstein: The New Order today, and started up LIMBO, while I am still stuck in the farm/night mission in Mafia.

sprinkles

Daily animu deal:

How Long to Beat

Main Story: 69 Hours
Main Story and Extras: 89 Hours
Completionist: 94 Hours
Crying factor: 150%

Buy the game, people.
I read 100% of the story (all Arcs & After Story) in 40-45 hours so I am either a fast reader or Howlongtobeat is a bit off for Clannad. Still a great VN, but don't forget the tissues.

I spent €191.31 during this sale. Way more than I had planned. I literally bought most of my games today. And this morning I also bought Ratchet & Clank and Uncharted 4. Welp.
I just stopped myself @200 € even though my wishlist was still at ~90. I just don't have the time to play all these great games. It's just the best time to play video games!

Aurablade

I managed to control myself and spend only $22. Most of my purchases was stuff that had been on my wishlist awhile, so I've been looking forward to getting everything.

Now I only wish my internet wasn't trash so I could download stuff.

mp1990

Banned
Talking about the Sonic Bundle, don't play Lost World, not even as a time waster

It tries REALLY hard at being Super Mario Galaxy but it fails at the most basic stuff that made that game so good, like... tight controls, or explaining essential mechanics. It has some sporadically good levels, but they aren't worth the 8 hours I spent with it.

bjaelke

Oh. I somehow thought that the sale would run throughout the day, so I just sat down to browse the store and find something from my wishlist to buy.

giphy.gif

Grief.exe

Necropolis and Furi look really good, but those prices are a bit high to me. I know it's petty, but seeing Furi in PS+ drops it down to bundle tier (or 75% off).

The gameplay looks so good in those games, I'm very interested.

Arthea

you guys don't even belong in this thread anymore!
I spent way over 200€ and I'm not buying games technically

zkylon

zkylewd
steam sale was pretty alright for me, i bought a bunch of sub $5 games and wots 3, i feel pretty good about it

fallout

I think that might be the first big Steam sale where I didn't purchase anything. Wasn't really intentional or anything ... there are a few things on my wishlist that I was considering, but I just never pulled the trigger for some reason.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I got a bunch of stuff during the sale that I really wanted.

A certain someone gifted me Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin (boss spoilers for this game and the first Dark Souls ahead). I'm enjoying it, but the early bosses feel pretty bland compared to Dark 1's bosses. Though I did just 100% Dark 1 last week, so maybe I'm a little burned out, I don't know. The two homage bosses that I've fought (
Belfry Gargoyles and Old Dragonslayer
) were especially disappointing compared to the Dark 1 equivalents, they were just so easy. The most memorable boss I've fought so far is the boss of No Man's Wharf,
Flexile Sentry
, but I feel like the fight was sort of diminished by how soon you see it again as a regular enemy in Sinner's Rise. Like it's cool seeing
Capra and Taurus Demons
later on in Dark 1 as regular enemies, but that's because you fight the boss versions in the beginning of the game and don't see them again until near the end. With
the Flexile Sentry, and the Pursuer
, you see them again so soon that it diminishes the lasting impact of their boss fights, like Dark 1's
Pinwheel
fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom