• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a bunch of stuff during the sale that I really wanted.

A certain someone gifted me Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin (boss spoilers for this game and the first Dark Souls ahead). I'm enjoying it, but the early bosses feel pretty bland compared to Dark 1's bosses. Though I did just 100% Dark 1 last week, so maybe I'm a little burned out, I don't know. The two homage bosses that I've fought (
Belfry Gargoyles and Old Dragonslayer
) were especially disappointing compared to the Dark 1 equivalents, they were just so easy. The most memorable boss I've fought so far is the boss of No Man's Wharf,
Flexile Sentry
, but I feel like the fight was sort of diminished by how soon you see it again as a regular enemy in Sinner's Rise. Like it's cool seeing
Capra and Taurus Demons
later on in Dark 1 as regular enemies, but that's because you fight the boss versions in the beginning of the game and don't see them again until near the end. With
the Flexile Sentry, and the Pursuer
, you see them again so soon that it diminishes the lasting impact of their boss fights, like Dark 1's
Pinwheel
fight.
No Man's Wharf isn't required to progress though so I personally encountered the Flexile Sentry in Sinners Rise first, and the Pursuer showing up multiple times is kinda his thing, he is a pursuer after all ;)

jonno394

Didn't spend much during the sale tbh:

Dead Rising 2: Off The Record
Ryse: Son of Rome
Deponia: The Collection
Bioshock
Out There Somewhere

£14.70 in total

Zeeman

Ended up getting gifted Stardew Valley right at the end of the sale, really looking forwards to trying that out

Anno

Looks like I ended spending ~$50 on games and $15 on the Dota hat pack. Not a bad sale. Already really enjoying Momodora.

Grief.exe

Was thinking about Subnautica and Stardew Valley, but I still have The Long Dark from the last sale.

Was also thinking about Hyper Light Drifter, but I still have The Witcher 3, Dark Souls 3, and Dragon's Dogma to finish.

Mostly picked up some old games that I will get to eventually like Doom, Quake, and Titan Quest.

kagamin

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (kagamin, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sonicomi -- MB-305E6304AA7FAFE0 - Taken by Soulflarz. 50 entrants total.

t1467741068z1.png

I promised this. Just so you know:

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I did alright in the sales

Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box
Real Boxing™
Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut
Ryse: Son of Rome
Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale
Goat Simulator
Valkyria Chronicles™
Goat Simulator: Original Soundtrack
Virtual Pool 4
Goat Simulator: GoatZ
Punch Club
Goat Simulator: PAYDAY
Goat Simulator: Waste of SpaceBatman: Arkham Asylum GOTY
Batman Arkham City GOTY
Mass Effect Collection
LEGO Lord of the Rings
Batman Arkham Origins
Tomb Raider GOTY Edition (RU/IN/CIS)
LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham Premium Edition
TRANSFORMERS: Devastation
NBA 2K16
Stardew Valley

Good to be back though

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
How do i enable the WebExtension api in the current Firefox so that ES works?

Install Firefox Beta
Install Enhanced Steam (click "try the beta")

There are still some bugs though, all of it is stuff I'm waiting on Mozilla to fix before I consider it "not beta".

Corpekata

Banned
How's Why am I Dead at Sea? Looks interesting but I don't have much Earthbound nostalgia.

It's not much like Earthbound really.

It's pretty good. I think it's a bit disappointing in that for all the endings it has, it lacks one that feels really complete.

cicero

System Shock Enhanced
Half-Life 1: Source
The Room
Sunless Sea
Shadowrun: Hong Kong - Extended Edition Deluxe
Cities in Motion 2 Collection
Pharaoh Rebirth
Invisible, Inc. + Contingency Plan Bundle
Helen's Mysterious Castle
One Way Heroics Plus
This Starry Midnight We Make
Arklash: Legacy
Flywrench
DARK SOULS II: Scholar of the First Sin
Fighting Fantasy Bundle (Appointment With FEAR, Starship Traveller, House of Hell)

Don't judge me, they were cheap.
The Chosen RPG
Sins Of The Demon
Storm of Spears
Super Space Pug
Star Drifter

Had much more to spend, lackluster percentages off on deals kept that from happening though. I wish I would have simply assumed the sale would be pathetic once again and had spent more at GOG...

chronomac

I got some trash I need to dump:

ModBot said:
Instructions for chronomac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 15 Steam keys and 3 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

EfagyaM.png
SMITE Xbox One Closed Beta -- MB-69321F7B8F4E721E
World of Tanks Invite Code -- MB-448A10A7C22A4A16
xWBm0BY.png
Ghost Recon Phantoms Starter Pack (Uplay) -- MB-ABFFF8668A5DDFC3
Broken Age (Ouya) -- MB-6712AFBD98E076E6
Warframe 7-day Credit and Affinity Booster Packs -- MB-BA1B2900E3B09152 - Taken by Jalal
t1cxE6r.gif
WARMACHINE Tactics: Mercenaries Faction Bundle -- MB-8A94E7B08667EC5E - Taken by Purkake4
EVE Online Rifter Ship Skin -- MB-4AF0559910E500FC
SpaceChem #2 -- MB-8B4E16A8E3E30C2B - Taken by Costa1774
EVE Online Trial Key -- MB-FB8A2C984BB13782
Magicka Wizard Wars Exclusive Staff and Blade -- MB-550A3739B0CF37EA - Taken by Endruen
Landmark 1-week Closed Beta Key -- MB-B00EB51CF1CAE216
World of Warships Closed Beta Key -- MB-FA24AF7D2F66978C
Magicka Wizard Wars Paradox Playtpus Robe -- MB-DEA2429F20E45B4F - Taken by Endruen
Total War Rome II Nomadic Tribes Culture Pack -- MB-B31AD1BE32271F83
SpaceChem -- MB-545FE153842E9E1C - Taken by PaulSane
Helping Heart Paradox Forum Icon -- MB-416E0CF1EE761D5C
xWBm0BY.png
Ghost Recon Phantoms E3 Avatar (Uplay) -- MB-7B274899642E1CF8
World of Warships Bonus Content -- MB-B5368D437B222BD3 - Taken by Kagemusha
I've tried to dump this stuff before and had little success (for obvious reasons). A couple notes: I have no idea if these keys are good. I simply asked for my "full loot" from ModBot and then copied over those supposedly unclaimed keys and URLs here. If something doesn't work I sincerely apologize but don't send me mail on it. I know we shouldn't really use the dump feature but in this case I feel it warranted.

Cool? Cool.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
that Icarus mmo looks kinda cool. I like the idea of the game revolving around taming a bunch of mounts and using them in combat

Ludens

Banned
Why am I dead at sea is 50% off on Steam right now, but the interesting thing is the game got a 50% off price cut too, so now the base price is 5€.

Grief.exe

I've tried to dump this stuff before and had little success (for obvious reasons). A couple notes: I have no idea if these keys are good. I simply asked for my "full loot" from ModBot and then copied over those supposedly unclaimed keys and URLs here. If something doesn't work I sincerely apologize but don't send me mail on it. I know we shouldn't really use the dump feature but in this case I feel it warranted.

Cool? Cool.

Did you just call the Ouya edition of Broken Age trash?

Oh man, I kind of want to get Obduction and Inside and Necropolis and Rimworld and Human Fall Flat and Phantom Brave. We'll see how much I can justify spending.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
J4nkUOB.pnghttp:

3CChcjG.png

I did spend 94,85€

But 66,52€ of that I payed with card money, and I sold the Steam Controller for 50€ on eBay...

So I made around 15€ plus this sale after eBay fees and so on, feels good :p

I know that card money is not really free money, but I had more money after the sale than before, that has to count for something...

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
No Man's Wharf isn't required to progress though so I personally encountered the Flexile Sentry in Sinners Rise first,

Yeah, the only reason I went through No Man's Wharf was because I ran out of Fragrant Branches and decided to go to a different area for more exploration and souls. I feel like encountering the boss version of the sentry would be even weirder after fighting the one in Sinner's Rise.

and the Pursuer showing up multiple times is kinda his thing, he is a pursuer after all ;)

Killing it feels satisfying, so I hope it shows up more.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
That was the least active Steam sale I've ever done for myself, only five games to my account. It's better in the long run, but the whole mindset of "buy it only if I'm going to play it soon" takes a lot of the purchasing fun out of it.

Curse you responsible buying.

Time to see if Vanishing of Ethan Carter is worth it.

I spent around $54 plus a bunch of card money. Got a lot of bundle trash for pennies for some +1s. I bolded the games I bought that I'm intending on playing.

Ampersand
Appointment With FEAR
Atonement: Scourge of Time
Broken Dreams
Calcu-Late
Chroma Squad
City of Chains
Clergy Splode
Data Hacker: Corruption
Data Hacker: Initiation
Data Hacker: Reboot
Eaten Alive
Elements II: Hearts of Light
Flesh Eaters
Freebie
Guardians of Victoria
Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number
Insincere
Invisible, Inc.
Kivi, Toilet and Shotgun
Labyronia RPG
Labyronia RPG 2
Legend of Mysteria RPG
Lup
New kind of adventure
Outland
Outrage
Party Hard
PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate
Press X to Not Die
Project Druid 2D Labyrinth Explorer
Punch Club
Purgatory
Risky Rescue
Saturday Morning RPG
SEGA Genesis Classics Pack 4 NA
SEGA MegaDrive & Genesis Classics Pack 3
Sins Of The Demon RPG
SOMA
Storm Of Spears RPG
Surfingers
System Shock: Enhanced Edition
The Chosen RPG
The Last Photon
Tinboy
Tron 2.0
TRON RUN/r
XCOM 2
XCOM 2 - Reinforcement Pack

Sch1sm

That was the least active Steam sale I've ever done for myself, only five games to my account. It's better in the long run, but the whole mindset of "buy it only if I'm going to play it soon" takes a lot of the purchasing fun out of it.

Curse you responsible buying.

Time to see if Vanishing of Ethan Carter is worth it.

I gave myself a budget of $75. I spent less than a third of that. Responsible buying does things.

Least you can refund if it isn't worth it, right?

Milamber

If and when I am finally over with Fallout 4, I still got Witcher 3 to go through. Just in time for Winter Sale.

Yay.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

Cool? Cool.

never feel bad about using the dump feature!

Death's Gambit and Rain World have apparently been moved to 2017. I bet EITR isn't going to get released in 2016 either.
Rain World's 2017 seems to be a "we don't want to commit to a date yet" kind of 2017. The game is content complete, and many recent comments from the devs imply we'll see the game sooner than later

Tizoc

qVdYZvS.jpg

SOON

...but first some leftovers that not even Crom knows if they were claimed
ModBot said:
I am giving away 13 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Fran Bow -- MB-5273565A77A0AF8B - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 22 entrants total.
Shock Troopers -- MB-2B8EF81A970ED060 - Taken by KainXVIII. 1 entrants total.
1993 Space Machine -- MB-5F114B0397748C12 - Taken by madjoki. 1 entrants total.
Freddi Fish: Missing Kelp Seeds -- MB-7659905B6E9167E8 - Taken by Aurablade. 1 entrants total.
Metal Slug 2 -- MB-A043B49313212FBC - Taken by illusionary. 10 entrants total.
Crawl -- MB-EECC870BBEA0CB3F - Taken by chronomac. 4 entrants total.
Spy Fox in Dry Cereal -- MB-2A1696DB65252640 - Taken by Sammichu. 1 entrants total.
Baseball Stars 2 -- MB-DB9CDE4B27B832B8 - Taken by Shalashaska. 3 entrants total.
Twinkle Star Sprites -- MB-93144E3A50B06ECC - Taken by KenOD. 4 entrants total.
Freddi Fish: Haunted Schoolhouse -- MB-4659E978872C7904 - Taken by SSPssp. 1 entrants total.
Putt-Putt goes to the moon -- MB-60AC8939648D0E80 - Taken by Kagemusha. 1 entrants total.
Pajama Sam: No need to hide -- MB-94DA27E3CE09E3BF - Taken by bobnowhere. 1 entrants total.
Putt-Putt joins the Parade -- MB-85A645B28F4AA53C - Taken by drakaenae. 1 entrants total.

t1467669348z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom