• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blu(e)

Overwatch has gotten it's hold on me and I haven't played anything on steam for a while :/

Does anyone know if the Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma OST and Premium Booklet will be available down the line? Danganronpa 1 and 2 both had preorder items but you can't buy them anymore. Will it be the same with Zero Escape?

Also with 999 coming to steam, should I wait for that and play that first and wait for VLR down the line before playing Zero Time Dilemma? I heard ZTD can be played by itself or would I be missing a lot?

mp1990

Banned
Overwatch has gotten it's hold on me and I haven't played anything on steam for a while :/

Does anyone know if the Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma OST and Premium Booklet will be available down the line? Danganronpa 1 and 2 both had preorder items but you can't buy them anymore. Will it be the same with Zero Escape?

Also with 999 coming to steam, should I wait for that and play that first and wait for VLR down the line before playing Zero Time Dilemma? I heard ZTD can be played by itself or would I be missing a lot?

You can play ZTD by itself alright, there are enough self contained arcs in there for you to enjoy, to be but it's kinda pointless considering how many plot points rely on the player having the experience of the prior games. Keep in mind, I've yet to beat it, and by what I've heard from a few friends, it'll be pretty tough for you to figure out the ending without 999 and VLR, so you're better off waiting for them.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
To people who've played Alien Isolation on hard: is there a big gap between normal and hard difficulty? Would you recommend starting on hard, or is it too frustrating for a first run?

To people who've played Alien Isolation on hard: is there a big gap between normal and hard difficulty? Would you recommend starting on hard, or is it too frustrating for a first run?
Yes there's a gap, I recommend normal personally and I play most games on hard nowadays.

Mr. Doop

I just ended up getting Lovely Planet and a bunch of shitty bundle trash I can hopefully make a profit out of. Hope you guys all had better sales than I did.

Tizoc

qVdYZvS.jpg

Crom has deemed Rhaknar unworthy of this bounty and thus blocked him from this giveaway.
I'm just messin', enter away Rhaky

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 13 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header_292x136.jpg

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

t1cxE6r.gif
Rocket Knight -- MB-0003835A981EC4CE - Taken by Benedict. 5 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
t1cxE6r.gif
t1cxE6r.gif
t1cxE6r.gif
t1cxE6r.gif
Transformers: Devastation -- MB-65071E9DB9C42CC9 - Taken by TheAutomator. 40 entrants total.
Dungeon of the Endless: Crystal Pack -- MB-17143442AD60138D - Taken by Ludens. 13 entrants total. - Taken by Anno. 8 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
The Legend of Dark Witch -- MB-93D8D9C3ABC3CC35 - Taken by Kurt Russell. 5 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
A Boy and his Blob -- MB-6E3787D6DB74F30B - Taken by Tellaerin. 2 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
t1cxE6r.gif
t1cxE6r.gif
Strider -- MB-6BD2214862FD5800
t1cxE6r.gif
t1cxE6r.gif
t1cxE6r.gif
Paint it back -- MB-36C6B53160D5E2B8 - Taken by oipic. 14 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Kathy Rain -- MB-F307E22E46000253 - Taken by Nabs. 17 entrants total.
Wasted -- MB-221537FEF281380C - Taken by EdmondD. 2 entrants total.
Keep talking and nobody explodes -- MB-02974D1207465B75 - Taken by Kagemusha. 9 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara -- MB-FBC8C14910B8CB1D - Taken by Sarcasm. 9 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Aviary Attorney -- MB-3914CC0AC1025AD6 - Taken by Arthea. 28 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Lost Planet 3 -- MB-BD4067918E8DD322 - Taken by Glitchesarecool. 4 entrants total.

t1467746522z1.png

Please let me know if you encounter any issues redeeming the games. Oh and this isn't Free for All so you can only enter for one game :X

Nillansan

I have pretty much picked up everything that I wanted from this sale - the only exception is actually just State of Decay: Year One Survival Edition (it only had a mere 15% discount. I will buy it when it goes lower. I am not trying to be cheap, I already own the original release and all the DLC, all of which I bought as soon as they were released).

Bought
DOOM
Dying Light: The Following Enhanced Edition
Wolfenstein: The New Order (I recently played through The Old Blood, looking forward to dive into the main game)
Invisible Inc. Contingency Plan
Fran Bow
Dex
Dishonored Game of the Year Edition (I bought it for the DLC, I bought the base game on release day)
Prison Architect
The Room
Legend of Grimrock 2
Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma
Heroes of Might and Magic 5: Tribes of the East
Bioshock 2: Minerva's Den
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Pre-ordered
INSIDE
Phantom Brave

Good sale overall, I was really surprised to see Doom with a 40% discount, I only expected it to be 10% off.

Momentary

Banned
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky Second Chapter
Grandia II
SAMURAI WARRIORS 4-II (Took me 3 hours to figure out how to actually get this game to run... You have to use Windows 7 compatibility)
The Bug Butcher
Stardust Galaxy Warriors
Murasaki
GUILTY GEAR 2 -OVERTURE-
Phantom Brave PC: Digital Chroma Edition

Tizoc

Righty-o then
Spent $150 on these
Y0mPqzE.png

Spent a total of 11.76 Gaben Dollars on
ORCS, Shadowgrounds bundle, Ikaruga, Cynaide Studios' Game of Thrones bundle

Spent around $50-55 on gifts otherwise :3

FoneBone

Only thing I bought was a bundle of The Moon Sliver and The Music Machine (nicely eerie walking simulator fare) for around $1.50. I'm not sure if this sale was actually worse than previous ones, but I did see more games than I'd expected that weren't matching previous Steam lows, or (surprisingly) weren't discounted at all.

I miss daily deals and flash sales, even if I'm in the minority there.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Enhanced Steam has been updated to version 8.7.1. This maintenance release includes the following bug fixes:
  • Fixed a bug that caused some elements on the "Edit Profile" page not to load correctly
  • Fixed a bug that caused Enhanced Steam to interact with other extensions incorrectly
  • Dynamic storefront data will now draw from cached data when browsing over HTTPS
This update is available for Google Chrome and should update itself automatically within the next 60 minutes.

As always, please let me know if you encounter any issues with this release.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
When I beat a game on Steam, I put them into a category to mark it off as complete and easily look back when someone asks me for a suggestion in a genre. I'm having trouble with Rock Of Ages though and I'm still not sure what to call it.

Suggestions I've gotten thus far.

Tower Defence.
Racer.
High Score.
Platformer (I don't understand that one).
Action
Puzzle
RTS-lite (confused by that one as well)
?

Ascheroth

I've bought

Gurumin
Trails in the Sky SC

for a grand total of ~23€ on the first day of the sale.

Have completed Gurumin yesterday and started with TitS SC today.
I think I did alright.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
When I beat a game on Steam, I put them into a category to mark it off as complete and easily look back when someone asks me for a suggestion in a genre. I'm having trouble with Rock Of Ages though and I'm still not sure what to call it.

Suggestions I've gotten thus far.

Tower Defence.
Racer.
High Score.
Platformer (I don't understand that one).
Action
Puzzle
RTS-lite (confused by that one as well)
?

I played a few hours of it, and I would put it as Ball Rolling (if you have a category) or Arcade (i.e. not story driven, replayable content focused on improving skill). It's clearly in a weird space genre-wise. I would say Tower Defence is not super helpful because despite that element of the gameplay, when someone asks for Tower Defence they probably don't necessarily want this as a recommendation.

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
"From the Zeno Clash people".

Adnor

Banned
And we're back to our regular home. Didn't buy much this time, but I'm pretty sure I'll be weak next time.

Regginator

I spent a whopping €5 during this sale, lol. Technically tree fiddy if you count the €1,50 worth of cards. Only bought Dex.

I'm proud of myself. My backlog is rather sizeable.

Yay Steam thread is back.

Here's my haul:

Transformers Devastation
Dragon Ball Xenoverse
Flywrench
Lakeview Cabin Collection
The Longest Journey + Dreamfall bundle
Dirt 3 Complete Edition

Not a lot since I've saving up my money for INSIDE later this week. Can't wait to try that game.

ExoSoul

Banned
qVdYZvS.jpg

Crom has deemed Rhaknar unworthy of this bounty and thus blocked him from this giveaway.
I'm just messin', enter away Rhaky

Please let me know if you encounter any issues redeeming the games. Oh and this isn't Free for All so you can only enter for one game :X

So much hotness :eek:

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
The Mercury levels of Flywrench is making me dizzy

Tellaerin

It's good to be back here.

I think this is the first time I didn't feel a lot of excitement surrounding one of the big annual sales. (Maybe I'm just getting jaded in my old age.) I didn't have much in ye olde wallet, so I just ended up grabbing Roche Fusion (a surprisingly good procedurally-generated shmup) and The Goddess Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (hi, Ozium!), which I haven't had time to really dig into yet, though I've enjoyed what little I've played of it so far. (I'm not normally too keen on games with a timed element where it's possible to miss things, but from what I understand, you can complete the stuff you missed in a second playthrough, so I'm going to try to relax and not get too anal about it.)

Ludens

Banned
header.jpg

So, I completed Kholat. This was on my wishlist from release, and I grabbed it today on Indiegala since they are running a good promotion (you get also Between me and the night for free, and this was on my wish too, plus a random game with their scratch system, and I got the first Call of Juarez).

Sadly, I'm partially disappointed. Partially because there are some very good things in the game, but there are also some very bad ones.

Pro

-very good graphics, even if it's not well optimized. The game uses Unreal Engine 4, and if you set the graphics on max, it will be gorgeous, but my 970 was on 71c, so I put it on medium (it's very good too, anyway). The game for me couldn't get 60 steady fps on max, anyway. There's also an option to cap the framerate.
-the plot is solid, since it's based upon a real event. Sean Bean did a nice job, but he doesn't speak too much anyway during the "normal" game. If you want to hear more, you need to find all hidden notes, but I'm ok with the way I beat the game, because...

Cons

-the game is very hard to navigate. The 99% of the time, you won't see anything, because there's snow everywhere, snowstorms, dark locations. Finding the way is not really an easy task, even if you have a map.
-the map. It's totally empty, so there are no point of interest, so you don't really know what to do as soon as you boot the game. You have a compass too, but the big problem is the map doesn't show a marker with your location (and it's also flipped, just in case).
There are "roads" marked from the start, but the fact is you could get lost in no time, because only "main" roads are marked anyway. When you find a note or a campfire, it's added to the map, so you have a reference. Better than nothing, but still too hard for me.
-checkpoint system sucks. The game only saves when you find a note or a campfire, so if you die and you didn't find one of those, you need to repeat the section from the last save.
-enemies. Oh my God, why there are enemies in this game. They are very dumb to avoid, the problem is they are almost invisible since they are like shadows, and in dark areas you WON'T see them. This leads to two problems:
-if you use a torch, the enemies will turn red attacking you. If you are in a pitch black location with your flashlight, there are good chances you will illuminate an enemy right in front of you, with an istant game-over.
-sometimes, and I don't know why, enemies randomly popped out of nowhere (I had flashlight turned off) and killed me. This happened a lot of times in the "church" area, it was bloody annoying.
-bugs. I got stuck into enviromental elements two times, and I had no choice if not reloading my save.

So, my advice is, wait for a bundle. The game has potentianl, but I doubt devs will add a new mode with a better save system or a map showing your location.

Drewsky

In this sale I got:

Life is Strange
Dark Souls
Deus Ex Human Revolution
Dishonored

Returned: Subnautica and Crysis 2. They just didn't grab me when I tried them. Unfortunately the money wasn't refunded soon enough for me to get anything else in the sale.

Cool, we're finally back from the dark side. It's way more cozy here. Summer sale game recommendation? NOBUNAGA'S AMBITION! (It's actually all capital).

Anyway, quoting myself from Romance of the Three Kingdom XIII announcement thread. Anyone has an idea?
So, it's out tomorrow, right?

Regarding the Steam version, will there be a separate app other than the currently available Japanese version? Or there'll be only a patch for the English language instead?

Nzyme32

Yes - but a very good one

iirc the game itself actually describes the hard difficulty as the way the game should be played - and it is. The normal and easy difficulty settings make the Alien so easy to avoid and trick. On hard I found the game genuinely tense. It was great. It was a good balance between challenging and rewarding while not be so difficult it was frustrating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom