• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarcasm

So been wondering, how does one enter those trivia questions anyways?
____

I mean do you just put the answer on a new line or do you type answer - your answer here

Rereading through past pages of these threads, I love that The Room series is getting love from PC gamers. It's really one of the best games on mobile and it's great to hear they're good ports.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Everytime you lpad back in the game there is a "previously on Ghost 1.0" which is usually a replay of the last cut scene you saw.

You can fast forward save and teleport animations (like metroid or castlevania the charactrr does a little animation when you use the safe room pods)

Theres a lot of little neat design choices like that throughout. Really well made game.

I saw some user reviews harping on the
"stealth"
sections but I thought those were fine tbh

Popstar

If I install a game on a second computer within my residence, Steam re-downloads from their server and doesn't do any sort of local share, correct?

EDIT: Going to assume this "Download once, play anywhere
No need to wait for your game to download again when it’s already installed on one of your home computers." means that it has to re-download.

No PC version of Red Dead Redemption is legit a crime against humanity. Playing the XB1 backwards compatible version just hurts sometimes because of how much better it would look and perform on PC. Kinda off topic but god damn it's a shame.

dex3108

No PC version of Red Dead Redemption is legit a crime against humanity. Playing the XB1 backwards compatible version just hurts sometimes because of how much better it would look and perform on PC. Kinda off topic but god damn it's a shame.

We will play it on PC one day man, one day. I still don't know why they don't want to do Remaster. No matter how bad coding is it would be worth and they would earn tons of money.

Echoplx

If I install a game on a second computer within my residence, Steam re-downloads from their server and doesn't do any sort of local share, correct?

EDIT: Going to assume this "Download once, play anywhere
No need to wait for your game to download again when it’s already installed on one of your home computers." means that it has to re-download.

You could just copy the files over the network yourself.

We will play it on PC one day man, one day. I still don't know why they don't want to do Remaster. No matter how bad coding is it would be worth and they would earn tons of money.

The dream is still alive, I hope the success of the BC version will be the extra kick in the rear they need to finally green lit a remaster, if they're not already working on one now that is.

dex3108

The dream is still alive, I hope the success of the BC version will be the extra kick in the rear they need to finally green lit a remaster, if they're not already working on one now that is.

Too bad that I am not programmer XD If I was one I would be crazy enough to offer them to work for free just to make Remaster XD That is how much l love that game :D

EdmondD

Imagine the mods people would have made for it. It really is a crime.

Grief.exe

Unlocking Backwards Compatibility means Rockstar won't generate as much revenue as a PC release due to the existing copies and prevalence of the used market.

It will happen.

dex3108

Or maybe they will make a new entry and it will get a PC release.

New Red Dead is all but confirmed (i still think that we will get R* game announcement this year) but RDR is great game and it deserves Remaster more then some games that got one (cough Dead Island, cough) :D

cyba89

Wow. Inside is such a great game. A month ago I had no idea this was coming out and now it's probably tied with The Witness as my current GOTY. You rarely get such a polished gameplay experience.

This game was just what I needed after Zero Time Dilemma was a bit disappointing. Still very good but the weakest game in the series for me.

Manatox

I wanna be hopeful for Red Dead for PC too, but i can't help but think that it would have arrived long ago if there were any plans for it.

Xanathus

At this point I think Rockstar would rather work on a new Red Dead game using the GTA 5 engine in order to leverage how good the engine runs on PC.

dex3108

At this point I think Rockstar would rather work on a new Red Dead game using the GTA 5 engine in order to leverage how good the engine runs on PC.

R* San Diego is working on new RDR game for the past 5 years. R* studio network has 1000+ people so they are capable of doing multiple things at the same time. RDR BC for X1 is good thing to remind people about game before sequel comes but that is only 1 platform. Remaster on X1/PS4 and PC before sequel would be great move.

But in the end R* does whatever R* wants and we can't do anything about that.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I thought that was just one of the two? Holowka and some other people worked on that iirc. To my knowledge, they haven't done anything together since Aquaria. Know exactly what you're talking about though.

Ah, right.

Hope for a Remastered version on PC, cause I still haven't even tried the game. :\

I decided not to buy it until I had beaten some other games, and still haven't gotten around to it.

To think that I did not buy that, but for some reason bought the extremely mediocre Saint's Row The Third just because it was on sale......

Would accept RDR2 also. That' be great.

derExperte

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Capsule Force -- MB-4D7ECA12483881E8 - Taken by Xater. 2 entrants total.
Dub Dash -- MB-BA9C35EB3CA2C146 - Taken by Purkake4. 2 entrants total.
Porcunipine -- MB-D9F2B4D9E07F5A07 - Taken by OmarYusaf. 1 entrants total.

t1468063640z1.png

Pixieking

Banned
He stepped out of his comfort zone and went with PC. I'm not going to laugh at that.

Yarrrr - we were all a bit clueless about PCs at some point in our lives, even if most of us just read lots and learned without asking funny questions on forums. Nothing to laugh at. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom