• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yakkue

Grandia 2 is a ton of fun. I'm playing with japanese voices though, and unfortunately they don't alway synch up with the text. I just had a cutscene at
Cecille Reef
that was particularly bad, the text boxes and voices didn't match at all, showing one character's text box while the other one was talking. When the second voice actor started to talk afterwards, it was immediately cut off, because the scene had already moved on. Annoying, but seems like a known bug.

Sarcasm

My wife's cousin who doesn't even speak my language had me come and help him choose parts.

Now hes coming over with the parts (stuff was back ordered) and I am going to help him.

We don't even speak the same language.

Pixieking

Banned
My wife's cousin who doesn't even speak my language had me come and help him choose parts.

Now hes coming over with the parts (stuff was back ordered) and I am going to help him.

PC gaming - the universal language.

Hektor

You should stream it like Butterlive or whatever he was called

Wok

While Haven Moon has a nice Myst-like vibe, the game does suffer from some aliasing. So I have tried to use GeoDoSaTo for downsampling as a way to force anti-aliasing.

I have followed this tutorial, but unfortunately, the game crashes at the "A big dump" section, only when GeoDoSaTo is activated. Has anyone managed to use GeoDoSaTo for Unity games before?

I have an error.log file:

Unity Player [version: Unity 5.1.4f1_36d0f3617432]

dxgi.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
in module dxgi.dll at 0023:700a4d76.

Error occurred at 2016-07-09_145126.
C:\Applis\Steam\steamapps\common\Haven Moon\WIN\HavenMoon.exe, run by Wok.
32% memory in use.
[...]

and an output_log.txt :

[...]
========== OUTPUTING STACK TRACE ==================

700A4D76 (dxgi) ApplyCompatResolutionQuirking
700AA31B (dxgi) ApplyCompatResolutionQuirking
ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 'Tentative d’accès à une adresse non valide.' (Address: 700A03E0)
700A03E0 (dxgi)
ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 'Tentative d’accès à une adresse non valide.' (Address: 7009FA8E)
7009FA8E (dxgi)
700AD815 (dxgi) ApplyCompatResolutionQuirking
700D760C (dxgi) DXGIGetDebugInterface1
700D7369 (dxgi) DXGIGetDebugInterface1
61A96A0E (gameoverlayrenderer) OverlayHookD3D3
016B2591 (HavenMoon) RectT<int>::GetXMax
016B3094 (HavenMoon) RectT<int>::GetXMax
01158CD7 (HavenMoon) RectT<int>::RectT<int>
0138E81D (HavenMoon) Append
012EF755 (HavenMoon) RectT<int>::Contains
0139561D (HavenMoon) PlayerWinMain
016E6808 (HavenMoon) RemapPPtrTransfer::TransferTypelessData
017223B8 (HavenMoon) RemapPPtrTransfer::TransferTypelessData
74AF38F4 (KERNEL32) BaseThreadInitThunk
77D65DE3 (ntdll) RtlUnicodeStringToInteger
77D65DAE (ntdll) RtlUnicodeStringToInteger

========== END OF STACKTRACE ===========

**** Crash! ****

tuxfool

Banned
While Haven Moon has a nice Myst-like vibe, the game does suffer from some aliasing. So I have tried to use GeoDoSaTo for downsampling as a way to force anti-aliasing.

I have followed this tutorial, but unfortunately, the game crashes at the "A big dump" section, only when GeoDoSaTo is activated. Has anyone managed to use GeoDoSaTo for Unity games before?

I have an error.log file:

and an output_log.txt :

Looking at the fact that you're getting a errors in dxgi.dll, to me it suggests that the game is running under dx11 which gedosato does not support.

looking at this indicates dxgi is used by dx10 and up only.

e: you could try forcing it to run under dx9 using "-force-d3d9" command line argument.
e2: alternatively you could just use VSR or DSR to downsample. (note that you will have to change the desktop resolution to make it work with unity).

SSPssp

No idea. I only saw someone mention it in the Summer Sale thread if I remember correctly.

Oh ok yeah, I remember some people bought Jotun, I think thats a good one.

Edit: The XCOM pack is also buyable - http://www.nuuvem.com/bundle/earths-commander-pack
Thanks to Tom.

XCOM 2 is activation locked to Brazil tho!

However, you can just get a refund from Nuuvem since it allowed you to buy it. Sorry if anyone bought it! :(

Coupon code for 10% - VEMPRANUUVEM10

Xater

Guys, is cdkeys.com legit? They have Football Manager 2016 for really cheap and I kinda want to give that series a shot. I have to buy a key, because EA and their licenses are blocking these games from being sold in Germany.

SSPssp

Guys, is cdkeys.com legit? They have Football Manager 2016 for really cheap and I kinda want to give that series a shot. I have to buy a key, because EA and their licenses are blocking these games from being sold in Germany.

They're a reseller and they just take retail copies and copy codes. They're more legit than G2A as far as these things go. I haven't heard of any problems with cdkeys besides Sniper Elite a couple years back but they refunded everyone.

Regginator

It is, yes. They're resellers (e.g. bulk buying region-free keys from cheap regions, or unused game keys from cheap physical games), but the main (and crucial) difference between them and others like G2A/Kinguin is that at cdkeys.com you buy directly from them, whereas with 2GA/Kinguin you usually buy from individual resellers (basically like the Ebay for game keys), which may or may not have been purchased with a fraudulent credit card.

In short, yes, it's legit.

Xater

i'm unironically liking doom3

but the enemy encounters are sorta lame

Doom 3 isn't a bad game. It just is a game that is very different from what Doom has been. It doesn't even try to recreate the feel of the old games and just goes for the Half-life approach. I liked Doom 3 when it came out and I still think it is good for what it tried to be.

Do I prefer what Doom 2016 did though? Yes, absolutely.

Only on the second mission of Doom but it's shaping up to be really damn good. The demo should've given you more weapons to mess with and bigger arenas.

Thanks GMG for the below $29 price.

Xater

Only on the second mission of Doom but it's shaping up to be really damn good. The demo should've given you more weapons to mess with and bigger arenas.

Thanks GMG for the below $29 price.

I mean I enjoyed that game from the start, but it only becomes better. They give you more tools to have fun with and the arena become more complex.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
to my one homie who was discussing 10000000 and you must build boat some days ago, boat is indeed much longer (and jusr overall a better game), it took me 7 hours on mobile to finish and I didnt get all the upgrades (compred to the 3 hours / all upgrades on 10000000)

great games tho, especially you must build a boat

Anteater

Doom 3 isn't a bad game. It just is a game that is very different from what Doom has been. It doesn't even try to recreate the feel of the old games and just goes for the Half-life approach. I liked Doom 3 when it came out and I still think it is good for what it tried to be.

Do I prefer what Doom 2016 did though? Yes, absolutely.

it's sorta trying too hard to be a survival horror, but I guess it's refreshing for a fps, there are a lot of terrible designs but I think I'd compare it to bioshock than half-life with its approach

Lomax

to my one homie who was discussing 10000000 and you must build boat some days ago, boat is indeed much longer (and jusr overall a better game), it took me 7 hours on mobile to finish and I didnt get all the upgrades (compred to the 3 hours / all upgrades on 10000000)

great games tho, especially you must build a boat

I think my tendency to only play it laying in bed when I should be asleep impairs my matching skills lol

I'm going bundle cold turkey. Though I did spend my almost $3 groupees coin on the last build a bundle as I wanted to try Tales from the Void. It's terrible. But that was the last one, I swear!

I've gotten a lot more picky with bundles and have slanted my spending there towards the Humble monthly which is pretty much the best deal in gaming at this point (especially when the early game is something I don't want and I flip it to offset some of the cost). I still drop a dollar here or there on indiegala group buys because they're so cheap though. But I've only bought like one Groupees bundle in the past year which is a shame because at one point they had more great bundles than humble did.

I mean I enjoyed that game from the start, but it only becomes better. They give you more tools to have fun with and the arena become more complex.
Yeah I noticed that worth multi level arenas in the second mission and on the hardest difficulty available the game shines.
So should I wait on Doom for an even lower price? Seems like it's shooting way down really quickly.
I don't think it'll be cheaper during Quakecon and will probably just match the summer sale price of $35.

Backlogger

I've bought a few keys from them without issue. They have a great deal on ESO right now. Not a steam key but super cheap.

Kuroyume

Banned
http://blog.bundlestars.com/post/147142414304/something-legendary-is-coming

Will it be something

tumblr_o9z6au4Yql1vq86y9o1_400.gif

or nothing

tumblr_n6g7bwlLQj1t3ml1po1_250.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom