• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope he got Way of the Samarurai.

How dare you! I already have both PC Way of the Samurai games.

Also, if you own WotS 3 or 4 on Steam you have 100% more chances to win that mystery game!

May or may not be true.

Probably not true at all.

Yeah, it's a lie, but buy them anyway!

Coldsun

Banned
If its Doom, I'd imagine it'll be re-gifted quite a few times as I hope more people have it than not.

None the less, if it's not Doom, I guess I feel that I'm compelled to enter and hope for the best.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I dont have Doom so feel free to not enter thx

Amzin

I entered, haven't entered a giveaway in ages :p I'll probably be asleep when it finishes though... ahhhh who am I kidding, no I won't

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Reminder that Doom is $29 / 29€ on GMG for when you dont win and you want it on the cheap side

Werd

Super Mega Baseball Ego 80 victory complete in an 11 inning game, now for 90.

Also finished Chapter 2 of the first Trails in the Sky game after dropping it for months. Enjoying it, all still charming and the play was cute, but I am ready for it to kick into high gear. Though the boss did actually kill me once, had been breezing through.... maybe slightly overleveled/teched by doing all the subquests.

Lain

Completed Ghost 1.0 for good so I thought I'd add that the end was great, complete with that half twist.

And this.
zQUb.png

Now to decide if I want to go back for the rest of the achievements.

Rhaknar

Completed Ghost 1.0 for good so I thought I'd add that the end was great, complete with that half twist.

And this.

Now to decide if I want to go back for the rest of the achievements.

Thoughts? I loved it, just wish it was longer (but not unepic long, that was too much)

That dude sure knows how to make those games tho.

Werd

Oh yeah, and I played the first mini-campaign of Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes after buying it a year ago. This entire time I actually thought it was a more casual version of FFT & similar strategy games, not essentially a puzzle game. A pretty good one though.

Rhaknar

Oh yeah, and I played the first mini-campaign of Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes after buying it a year ago. This entire time I actually thought it was a more casual version of FFT & similar strategy games, not essentially a puzzle game. A pretty good one though.

You should watch the words that come out of your filthy pie hole when you are adressing gaming perfection.

For reals tho I love that game

ExoSoul

Banned
Thanks for doing this Speevy. It's indeed something that everyone should covet (though I've already finished it)

Here's a 3 hours raffle, I tried to mirror your restrictions, etc.

Wooooo!
This happened cause I was destined to get it :D
*bracing myself for disappointment*
and not winning, mostly that

can't believe i'm being roped in to entering for barbie dream house a second time

tumblr_neixwhokmJ1twc22ho1_500.gif

Rhaknar

I searched for Way of the Doom on Steam and Way of the Samurai showed up.

Edit: Looked at GMG prices as the Deluxe edition of Doom is crazy expensive.

Nobody cares about the Doom season pass tho

Lomax

I want a Steam skin that shows me both the information and sorting options of list view with the detailed information of detail view. That would be useful to me. Grid view works fine for Origin and uPlay because I have like 10 games on each. Not so much on Steam.

Speevy

Banned
In the likely event that I don't win the raffle, my current plans are to wait another year or two for the GotY version of Doom to come out then buy it for $10 of whatever.

They might have shut down Denuvo by then which will make it a 50 GB error message.

didamangi

In the likely event that I don't win the raffle, my current plans are to wait another year or two for the GotY version of Doom to come out then buy it for $10 of whatever.

They'll probably release an expansion of some sort a la Wolfenstein New Order. And that game doesn't have a bundle yet on steam. Just buy it now if you don't win.

Lain

Thoughts? I loved it, just wish it was longer (but not unepic long, that was too much)

That dude sure knows how to make those games tho.

I really liked it. I might have liked another zone but overall the length felt more or less right, the story was fun and it worked, complete with all the references.
With the game called Ghost 1.0 (which I interpreted as a reference to the GitS manga), I do wonder if there will be a Ghost 2.0, or a 1.5. I'd buy it.

Popstar

Bought 10 games during the summer sale and just redeemed my Humble Monthly keys and here I am playing free stuff off of Itch.io.

Oh cool, didn't know the new one have dark theme now as well. Pretty good.

I use pin more that i've got for a cent in windows store last sale i think, pretty good.

If that pulls the different dimensions of game art automatically then it's better than Pin Steam, but it is free. A cent is a heck of a deal, but $3 isn't too bad either.

I really liked it. I might have liked another zone but overall the length felt more or less right, the story was fun and it worked, complete with all the references.
With the game called Ghost 1.0 (which I interpreted as a reference to the GitS manga), I do wonder if there will be a Ghost 2.0, or a 1.5. I'd buy it.

Is Ghost 1.0 "funny" or "well written" like Unepic? Because holy shit that script just went on and on and on and on and oh did I mention it went on? Reference to thing in real life! More talking.

I probably would buy Ghost 1.0 if I could get assurance that I wouldn't hate it within 20 minutes like Unepic. Love the look of the game. Hate nerd humor, hate bloated scripts.

Rhaknar

Is Ghost 1.0 "funny" or "well written" like Unepic? Because holy shit that script just went on and on and on and on and oh did I mention it went on? Reference to thing in real life! More talking.

I probably would buy Ghost 1.0 if I could get assurance that I wouldn't hate it within 20 minutes like Unepic. Love the look of the game. Hate nerd humor, hate bloated scripts.

The humour is a lot more subdued compared to unepic (still uses a lot of real world nerdy references tho) and the story is much more serious and straight forward.

didamangi

If that pulls the different dimensions of game art automatically then it's better than Pin Steam, but it is free. A cent is a heck of a deal, but $3 isn't too bad either.

Nah, just the wide one from steam. But harrybana on deviantart has loads of awesome metro icons for the square one.

All in. Can't wait to shoot demons.

Although, I heard you don't get the hardest difficulty until after you beat the game. Is that true, and can I play that difficulty later while keeping my perks?

Nightmare is the hardest difficulty you can play from the start. Ultra nightmare is nightmare but with just one life.

Is it? I did say theres still a lot of nerdy references and you said you hate "nerd humour"

As long as there's less. If it's just Unepic in cyberpunk I don't want it, but that sounds like it's not the case.

And I hate a lot of things. To The Moon is one of the worst pieces of writing I've ever had the displeasure of sitting through, for example. I have no idea why anyone praises it. Dreadful, horrendous writing.

Rhaknar

As long as there's less. If it's just Unepic in syberpunk I don't want it, but that sounds like it's not the case.

And I hate a lot of things. To The Moon is one of the worst pieces of writing I've ever had the displeasure of sitting through, for example. I have no idea why anyone praises it. Dreadful, horrendous writing.

Its not cyberpunk unepic but theres stuff like referencing Blade Runner or that Kojima line that Lain posted a pic of.

Thanks for doing this Speevy. It's indeed something that everyone should covet (though I've already finished it)

Here's a 3 hours raffle, I tried to mirror your restrictions, etc.

Go to this post for a DOOM raffle, I forgot to autorepost :(

Thank Speevy btw, I'm just the messenger :)

Lain

Well, if you didn't find UnEpic funny, you probably won't find Ghost 1.0 funny.
I think Ghost 1.0 has the better humor and writing of the two, plus the script feels more concise (and if it really annoys you, you can skip ahead holding down the mouse button, really convenient) but there are many references, some direct and some less so.
For example, Blade Runner is referenced and name dropped, while Ghost in the Shell is more subtly referenced through the obvious Ghost character taking over other android's shells and the title itself (Ghost 1.0 reminds me of Ghost in the Shell 1.5 - Human Error Processer as well as the movie Ghost in the Shell 2.0).

Well, if you didn't find UnEpic funny, you probably won't find Ghost 1.0 funny.
I think Ghost 1.0 has the better humor and writing of the two, plus the script feels more concise (and if it really annoys you, you can skip ahead holding down the mouse button, really convenient) but there are many references, some direct and some less so.

Concise is good. I do like to read the story in most games. I liked the story in Dust, for example. Loved the story in Axiom Verge - super light and mysterious.

Thanks for the input guys. I'll probably pick up the game down the line. (I'd pay twice as much for the game with a DLC that stripped out the references though, not even joking. Cyberpunk Metroidvania? Hell yeah.)

Lomax

In UnEpic's defense the 4th wall breaking was an aspect of the game and character design, not just done arbitrarily for humor. But of course the humor itself isn't going to appeal to everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom