• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozium

...Uncharted? I dunno, man. I don't think it's on Steam.

Nathan Drake has mind fuck as a feature in the climax of his games, Sebastian Castellanos has a mind fuck every 5 minutes.

Sebastian Castellanos would drop kick Nathan Drake in the face and then drop a match on him.

This is the truth

Also for the Elder Scrolls Legends beta.

Ah, Hearthscrolls. How I forgot about thee...

Which just reminded me how excited I am for Gwent Standalone. Gonna be goooooooooooooood
Nathan Drake has mind fuck as a feature in the climax of his games, Sebastian Castellanos has a mind fuck every 5 minutes.

Sebastian Castellanos would drop kick Nathan Drake in the face and then drop a match on him.

This is the truth

But I already have RE4 from the Capcom bundle a while back. TEW would be a step dwon.

Not to mention, the performance in the demo (granted, with my old GPU) was the most horrific thing I experienced in-game.

Ozium

Ah, Hearthscrolls. How I forgot about thee...

Which just reminded me how excited I am for Gwent Standalone. Gonna be goooooooooooooood

But I already have RE4 from the Capcom bundle a while back. TEW would be a step dwon.

Not to mention, the performance in the demo (granted, with my old GPU) was the most horrific thing I experienced in-game.

RE4 doesn't have the horror or tension of TEW, and it doesn't have Nurse Tatiana... it loses.

the_evil_within-re-tatiana-07.gif

also it runs fine, at least for me, it's not like DOOM where it crashes all the time... and and and and the shadows in the game are top notch fam

https://www.greenmangaming.com/colecochameleon/
RE4 doesn't have the horror or tension of TEW, and it doesn't have Nurse Tatiana... it loses.

the_evil_within-re-tatiana-07.gif

also it runs fine, at least for me, it's not like DOOM where it crashes all the time... and and and and the shadows in the game are top notch fam

Wait, hold up... She's holding the key to enjoying TEW? I'm sold fam.

I'll start backlogging to make room for it. First step: slog through the rest of Risen 3.

Vibranium

Banned
Don't play Fallout Shelter on Bethesda's crappy launcher. Sure as a company they'll do what they want, but no reason to rush out for them.

Well, at least Dishonored 2 has Steam keys.

dickroach

DORKKICKERS
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (dickroach, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Doorkickers -- MB-DEA234EC2E25280F - Taken by Vazra

Nzyme32

Bethesda Launcher has been around for a while. Thankfully it's only been required (so far) for the Fallout 4 creation tools, and now this. They're testing the waters, trying to get people to transition onto their own platform.

I wouldn't be surprised if "big" titles going forward from Bethesda don't start using this in the same way Ubisoft uses Uplay - available on Steam but launched through their own app.

Yeah... just as I was looking forward to their upcoming games. I'm cool with some launchers, such as how Paradox do their games or 2K and WB with the in-game log in stuff that isn't intusive or a massive drag or instability on playing. Most other things have been abysmal to the point where I don't buy them anymore. Case in point - Uplay

and more for Origin Access....games to be added to the Vault before the end of the summer

Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 (Aug. 30)
Crysis
Crysis 2
Crysis 3
Plants vs. Zombies
Jade Empire
SimCity 2000
Mini Metro

all those will make 37 games in the Vault on PC

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Ok.

- Rewatched Alien (the blu ray transfer is still the goat)
- Headphones ready
- Almost midnight

Ready to finally start Alien Isolation (on hard)

Vibranium

Banned
Origin Access 7 day trial for free. Thanks EA for making me feel worse and worse for paying for some of your games.

And then you realize that the "free" Mass Effects obtained through Origin Access have highly expensive DLC they never bothered to bundle, so they extract more money.

Speaking of Origin, they really need a dark theme for that client.

Okay then.

Google translated because I don't speak Russian.

Email address for your account, William Bonney. updated successfully. You will no longer receive messages for this account to the following address (redacted). Instead, they will be sent to the address kyrwatina@mail.ru.
If you are satisfied with this change, you will not require any action. However, if it was committed in error or without your permission, please click the link to recover your account or contact us at support@rockstargames.com.

I have no idea how they got my info, I haven't been on there in ages.

and more for Origin Access....games to be added to the Vault before the end of the summer

Crysis
Crysis 2
Crysis 3
Plants vs. Zombies
Jade Empire
SimCity 2000
Mini Metro

Last weekend I tried to play Crysis through Origin and it wouldn't launch. So many DRM issues and crashes.

I'd say I expect them to fix it but LOL who are we kidding here.

Crysis
Crysis 2
Crysis 3
Plants vs. Zombies
Jade Empire
SimCity 2000
Mini Metro

Their collection is getting really nice. $5 for a month of catching up or random multiplayer shenanigans sounds mighty nice.

Last weekend I tried to play Crysis through Origin and it wouldn't launch. So many DRM issues and crashes.

I'd say I expect them to fix it but LOL who are we kidding here.

What was wrong? I installed it in the last two days and it worked for me.

derExperte

Swapperoo was great, relaxing fun for a couple of hours but now I'm at a point where I have the feeling it's more about luck than skill and you have to restart levels multiple times because they're unsolvable. At least there's a skip function.

mp1990

Banned
Wasn't there a rumor a few months ago that Gust would be releasing the Atelier series in Steam (not sure if the entire series or just the most recent entry)? What came out of that? Did they release any official statement?

Ibuki

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Skullgirls -- MB-918B98D7FDF2684C - Taken by pantsattack. 2 entrants total.
Door Kickers -- MB-CF6EB428DE8C4DA2 - Taken by Sarcasm. 3 entrants total.
Sir, You Are Being Hunted -- MB-7B74AA0C065A8B21 - Taken by ussjtrunks. 1 entrants total.

t1468456347z1.png

Extras from Bundle Stars, hurry!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom