• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

me0wish

So, Earth Defense Force or God Eater?

One will be a launch purchase, the other one in a 2017 bargain bin.

Love EDF and God Eater looks like an awesome monster hunter alternative, me and my friends are probably going to get both, exciting times for PC gaming.

If I had to choose one, I'd probably go for EDF.

kagamin

EDF and God Eater aren't very similar games, one is more just super fun action packed missions and the other is a fancy action game that seems similar to Monster Hunter but plays very differently.

Khilandros

oh man, that is a tough choice. EDF is EDF and fun, and GE will be two games for one (If I am reading the info right) and looks like a cool MHish game.

Deques

fItud8P.png

This is getting out of hand.

Edit: Anyone have a grid image yet for Fallout Shelter?

Edit 2: If you run Fallout Shelter exe from Steam it runs in offline mode :/

I recognize most of them. But I don't recognize the square with a dot in the middle. Which client is it?

Love EDF and God Eater looks like an awesome monster hunter alternative, me and my friends are probably going to get both, exciting times for PC gaming.

If I had to choose one, I'd probably go for EDF.

EDF and God Eater aren't very similar games, one is more just super fun action packed missions and the other is a fancy action game that seems similar to Monster Hunter but plays very differently.

oh man, that is a tough choice. EDF is EDF and fun, and GE will be two games for one (If I am reading the info right) and looks like a cool MHish game.

I'm also leaning towards EDF after hearing your opinions. However, it seems that the game is not that popular here on gaf. The OT is already deserted after 400-ish posts. I wonder why.

zkylon

zkylewd
turns out doing side missions in wots3 cancels out your ability to progress with the main story, that's why i felt like i was running around while nothing happened

got a few new story bits and made some lady my partner (?) and she killed me playing "catch the sword"

also chased some guy for like 15 minutes around town trying to punch him in the back while hoping i wouldn't draw aggro from guards or whatever

i got murdered by psycho samurai that kept talking about flesh and shit like 6 times because combat in this game is very much not awesome (tho i remember wots1's combat being pretty rough as well)

fun stuff

Is Fallout Shelter any good or should I just wait for Vault-Tec?

it's not

kagamin

I'm also leaning towards EDF after hearing your opinions. However, it seems that the game is not that popular here on gaf. The OT is already deserted after 400-ish posts. I wonder why.

Yea, EDF is a great choice for how much fun you can have, GE is a great choice for the value of 2 games for the price of 1.

mp1990

Banned
Just finished Inside.

Incredible game.

Yeah I beat it around 4 hours ago and I'm still digesting that ending. There are so many layers in this games, so many possible interpretations, honestly I felt like replaying it as soon as I got done with it. And the technical aspects only help the narrative to shine, the use of colors and sound design in this game are some of the best I've seen. Definitely one of my GOTYs if not the best game I've played this year.

Arthea

Swapperoo was great, relaxing fun for a couple of hours but now I'm at a point where I have the feeling it's more about luck than skill and you have to restart levels multiple times because they're unsolvable. At least there's a skip function.

yeah, it's great. I suppose you are talking about the hard mode? You can get unlucky there with wrong directional pieces or too many static ones dropping, but also that hard mode is supposed to be played in a quite different way. You don't just go with the best move all the time, you try not to strand your bombs with static pieces and in general do more planning and going out of your way to clear ones with nearing zero. It's more strategic than regular mode and not pure luck too. It's also hard, hence a hard mode.

Wasn't there a rumor a few months ago that Gust would be releasing the Atelier series in Steam (not sure if the entire series or just the most recent entry)? What came out of that? Did they release any official statement?

nah, no rumours, more of lots of wishful thinking from me and even Durante was ready to help them to port Ateliers, not that KT is interested, though.
Not that we know of, I mean.

edited: those finishing Inside jokes will haunt us for eternity, won't they?

edit2: I totally forgot that God Eater is releasing this summer too! so many games

Arthea

Airship Q, previously launched for PS Vita in Japan and Asia, will launch for PC via Steam as Wondership Q “very very soon”

Wondership Q, released as Airship Q for PS Vita, is a 2D action RPG with sandbox elements.

You play as the protagonist of this story who’s suddenly been turned into a cat by a witch. Not only that, but now it’s your job to save your kidnapped brother. Fly through the air on your very own airship, solve mysteries, and craft until your heart’s content!

gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AP50ZWvA-Ds&feature=youtu.be

edited:
not sure if posted - Headlander
a new Double Fine game releases July 26, 2016
a retro 70's sci-fi action adventure

For the first time ever I'm downloading a game from Microsoft store, Forza Apex, and it's progressing VERY slowly. I've had the progress restarted to 0% after 6.5GB or so as well earlier today. Definitely not a good first impression.

well, no real surprise here, Double Fine got a bit of bad rep lately, I'm also not committing to anything until I know that a game is actually good.

Seems like a good thing in general, regardless of developer. But in this case there isn't even a possibility to commit to the game before, since it's hasn't been made available for pre-orders.

This game is designed by Lee Petty at Double Fine btw, the creator of Stacking, which is a game that's held in quite high regard when discussed.

Hektor

The thing with double fine is that their ideas are often great and novel but the execution rather lacklustre. I love Brütal Legend for what it is but I never can stop thinking what could've been.

Hektor

What is this thing it could have been?

A game with good mechanics for one thing.
Due to the way the game tries to be a bunch of different genres at once none of it ends up being really interesting or good.

They aren't exactly bad either, but compared to other games that are only trying to be one thing wether that be action, RTS or racing, BL individual elements always fall flat in comparison.

I also remember that i had issues with the gameworld but it has been toon long to give proper critique on that.

gelf

Bundlestars leftovers
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Reus -- MB-AB29B070EB3660FA - Taken by fuzzy123. 5 entrants total.
Skullgirls -- MB-0630546F00CD713E - Taken by Hakkelus. 10 entrants total.

t1468502431z1.png

^^ It's Klocki. Keeping with the minimalist theme the name isn't even on the picture icon.

Some lunatic finally bought my Infinity Runner Foil overnight after 22 months so to celebrate I bought it.

So, minimalist puzzle game by the same person behind Hook. This time you are matching lines on puzzle pieces to create a path by replacing one with another, sliding them or rotating them and in later levels sometimes all at once. To add complexity you can even rotate entire sides or even just parts of the sides. While the game never gets too complex, there is a level of difficulty in the last few puzzles that requires a bit of thought and planning.

The soundtrack is very soothing and the graphics great reminiscent of Zenge, not by this author, but without the overarching story.

I have no idea how many levels there were (50?, 60?), keeping with the minimalist theme there is no counter or selection scene, could have used one. The game ended when it wrapped around to the first level again. The game only took me about an hour, but for the very minimalist amount of less than one dollar, Klocki is a great little game worthy of your time.

Jawmuncher

The thing with double fine is that their ideas are often great and novel but the execution rather lacklustre. I love Brütal Legend for what it is but I never can stop thinking what could've been.
Stillwish it had been a God of War meets Zelda style adventure.

Knurek

^^ It's Klocki. Keeping with the minimalist theme the name isn't even on the picture icon.

The soundtrack is very soothing and the graphics great reminiscent of Zenge, not by this author, but without the overarching story.

Poland stronk!
(Both Zenge and Klocki are by Polish devs).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom